Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

4hbsfOe.gif

I personally feel Lloris is definitely top 2 in the world purely due to the fact that he gets called out more to make several saves in a game. Neuer gets way too overhyped, although he is good, Bayern play the Guardiola way where the opposition gets very little possession and hence he doesn't get called out to make too many saves in games.

If Lloris had better ball distribution, he would be number 1 for me.

I'm not sure about top 2. Definitely top 5 though imo. I still cannot believe he plays for us sometimes! Love him.

:llorisunsure:Hugo is a world class top top team member, goalie and Captain - (there's too much evidence to quote to support this assertion), best goalie for Spurs since Robinson at his England's No 1 peak.
Levy and Poch gotta look after Hugo big time - with the Belgium two in front of goal and a solid midfield - no reason why the mighty Spurs won't be in the top 3 mix end of season:pochohshit:

For me he's the best since the incomparable Pat Jennings!

Still remember the one handed save from Charlie Cooke in the 1967 cup final!

And still gutted that he ended up at the Scum!

Watched that this morning Guido...his last words...
"...and I think everyone knows the target of our team"
Does that mean there's a serious push for a CL place this season?

Why not? The top of the table has never looked weaker. Chelsea are a fucking mess, United still plays like shit, Woolwich is fucking ravaged with injuries, we thrashed City...

Anyone notice he is now starting to throw the ball now? Last 3 or 4 games he has been looking to set up a few quick counters. More please Hugo. (His kicking is still shit but if he can throw, happy days).

I suspect that Poch (finally) knows one of our weaknesses are pace, so he likes the ball to do a lot of our running.

I've noticed faster passing, free kicks, throwins, goalie distribution and everything is tempo.

I think the key to fast distribution is targets. Kane, Dembele and Son have more presence in the final third. So if walker and Rose can be more alive to Lloris distribution, we can link up quick and counter like others do to us.

The target should be to win a trophy, not to try and qualify for a competition we have zero chance of winning
That may be Justin but just competing at the top level brings so much benefit to the club...mainly financially of course.
I was in 'Intersport' in my home town of Albi today and the only PL shirt on sale was Woolwich's...there's the French connection (Wenger) but we have a French connection
& a number of French speaking players also but we don't have the exposure in Europe that Woolwich do.

For me I am not bothered about what our "targets" are. It's just BS, means nothing, what matters is our message is calm and positive which is what he conveys. If we are shit he is also says so and highlights where we were shit, everything is measured and appropriate.
Yesterday the press was regurgitating the words of the pikies, where Gold was saying the are going for the title & the double, two months ago he was also saying they were going to win the EL.

Back
Top Bottom