Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree. Yet people were recently saying that it didn't matter how players trained only how they played during games. People crucify Sherwood for giving guys who train well a chance. I think AVB handled the Lloris situation right by making him earn it in training, all players especially signings shouldn't just expect to walk into the side.

Definitely, and it was handled better by the manager at the time in the fact of the media

"We have made Hugo aware that whenever Brad has a bad game we won't drop him," Villas-Boas said.

"These things have to be taken very carefully,"

"We don't doubt Hugo's dimension and talent but at the moment we are paying respect to a player who is performing very well.

"At the right time we will think about it and Hugo is an extremely good professional.

"He wants to come back into the team but he is competing for the jersey and he will get his chance very soon."

Not any mention of 'not good enough at the moment' or anything, positive encouragement goes far in football.

Definitely, and it was handled better by the manager at the time in the fact of the media

"We have made Hugo aware that whenever Brad has a bad game we won't drop him," Villas-Boas said.

"These things have to be taken very carefully,"

"We don't doubt Hugo's dimension and talent but at the moment we are paying respect to a player who is performing very well.

"At the right time we will think about it and Hugo is an extremely good professional.

"He wants to come back into the team but he is competing for the jersey and he will get his chance very soon."

Not any mention of 'not good enough at the moment' or anything, positive encouragement goes far in football.

I don't think there's any doubt that I would have very little positive encouragement to provide regarding Sherwood and his involvement with the media.

Still, there's a lot of unearned entitlement in our squad that will be an interesting project for our next manager to deal with.

Felt sorry for him today, only thing that stopped it becoming 5 or 6. Deserves better and I hope he gives us another year with a real manager but I think he's going to be off.

I was hoping he'd have a twitter account where we could send love, but the H_Lloris account is full of French news speculation about his going to PSG, City, etc.

Another boner-inducing performance today from Le Frenchman. I'd give my left nut for him to stay, but I wouldn't blame him in the slightest for wanting out. The amount of times he's saved us, literally, the club should pull out all the stops to keep him at The Lane.

:avbpray:

"Lloris was top draw," Sherwood said. "He has been top draw whenever we have played this season.

"I heard people talking after the Everton game when he got a bang on the head that he is not the same goalie any more. That is a load of crap.

"People don't know what they are talking about. The guy is a consistent performer - he has performed like that every single week.

"If he makes a mistake, it is an honest mistake and he doesn't make many."

I would say that initially he didn't look quite the same, but he bounced back very quickly. TS is a bit out of touch with what people are saying.

Hugo is the only world class player we have, he would walk into most teams hence the PSG interest and talk of a Hart swap - no thanks. He is one of the few players that genuinely seems to care and feel the pain the way us fans do when we lose. We cannot afford to lose him and I agree 100% with what others have said that we should make him captain. We need to show him big love against Villa on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom