Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The headline makes the whole interview seem worse that it is. The fact he used the term "we" all the time is good, he isnt trying to set himself apart.

Thing is he was obviously asked a question on the performance of the team. What he said was very measured i thought, he didnt slag off the team just pointed out that we are making to many mistakes and against bigger teams its harder to come back from these. Not saying anything we didn't know already

If he stays than make him captain.Can't blame him if he wants to go though, he must wonder what he's done in a past life to end up playing behind a defence that contains Rose, Naughton and Dawson

I think he has already made his mind up.
Our promises to him have no doubt been empty words.
Disappointingly anybody who is good , always jumps ship .

I also appreciated the implication that the match at the Etihad really, really rattled the squad. That's certainly how I felt, after all. West Ham could be marked off as a fluke, but City… that was just completely, totally, outclassed. We could play that match ten times and get stomped in nine of them. Granted, even Lloris himself was partly responsible for the first, early goal, but, still. It was just a massacre.

Get ready. I'm about to say something bad about AVB. Hide the children, put the knives away, etc. Fuck it, I'll even spoiler it.

Clearly he failed to rally the squad after that result. The psychological damage was done, and it's possible that AVB simply hasn't had to rally the troops like that in his career (or at least not since Porto). We thought we could play with the big boys (and had, up to that point, giving up all of one goal to both scum), but this was a performance from another planet. And Liverpool home just compounded it.

He's also not captain or manager. Rallying the troops isn't his job and he's not the one telling them what to do and making the team selections.

Agreed, however there is nothing wrong with someone that isn't the captain or manager rallying the troops so to speak.

The one thing Sherwood has said that really does stick out in my mind was where he was talking about how everyone is too friendly with each other on the pitch. I get the feeling that if Hugo were made captain next season he would say exactly what needs to be said, be friendly when he needs to but lay into people when they deserve it.

Agree Hugo was measured but did feel like he hed a subtle dig at Jan and Paulinho not pulling their weight pre - world cup. Personally agree!

If we can keep him he should definitely be captain next season. We are seriously lacking in leaders.

I do wish he'd play with the fans a bit more - guess I still miss Robbo for that :)

Agree Hugo was measured but did feel like he hed a subtle dig at Jan and Paulinho not pulling their weight pre - world cup. Personally agree!

If we can keep him he should definitely be captain next season. We are seriously lacking in leaders.

I do wish he'd play with the fans a bit more - guess I still miss Robbo for that :)

We were all chanting his name Saturday, gave us a little thumbs up, cool as you like and the whole block went mental haha

Its odd because my take on it is that the manager should be the only one with the right to publically criticise the team.....I dont see why players should be doing that kind of interview whatsoever.
Well, that's the modern era. In fact it's not in the modern era. Players have been giving interviews for decades.

As for the manager being the only one giving interviews and therefore having the right to criticise, the way I see it is just because you have the ability to do it, doesn't mean it's necessarily the right thing to do.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/25/manch...hugo-lloris-in-exchange-for-joe-hart-4709079/

BAHAHAHAHAHA, the tabloids have really out done themselves this time :kaboullol:

Wow.... is this literally how these twats do their journalism, a random transfer generator!!!

giphy.gif

Hugo a master, if he stays amazing, if he goes good luck to him, another top top player who will win a trophy in his first season away from the lane!

He's also not captain or manager. Rallying the troops isn't his job and he's not the one telling them what to do and making the team selections.
Rallying the troops is everyone's job. They should all be encouraging each other, shouting, screaming, yelling, praising, criticising. That is not just Tim's job. Fuck me have you ever played amateur football? Managers are barely heard amongst the noise from the 22 on the pitch communicating. In the Premier League, this should be toned up even more. I have seen us playing with our heads down far too often this season with very little talking and organisation. Tim can set them up, any fucker can set them up, but if they aren't going to talk to each other, we're fucked.

I recall Kane against Benfica trying to dribble out of defence in the middle of the park, giving the ball away and them having a shot, earning a corner which lead to a goal. He touched hands with Vertonghen or Kaboul (can't remember which), and Lloris said fuck all.

Someone should have given him a bollocking (irrespective of them scoring from the corner). It was fuckin stupid. I know that. He knows that. He should have been told. No one did. Just shows our lack of leadership and responsibility on the pitch this season.

Another good game from Hugo today. Probably our only world class player. Badly treated by AVB when we arrived. Well treated by Sherwood. I hope he stays, but if someone bids £70m and he wants a move then fair enough.

Wouldn't say he was badly treated, Brad was just on a ridiculously long run without missing a single prem match (something like 9 seasons), and if I remember correctly, had been on great form too.

Hugo won his place in the squad through training well and taking his chances, something that is by far the best way to be on the team sheet and not by reputation

Wouldn't say he was badly treated, Brad was just on a ridiculously long run without missing a single prem match (something like 9 seasons), and if I remember correctly, had been on great form too.

Hugo won his place in the squad through training well and taking his chances, something that is by far the best way to be on the team sheet and not by reputation

I agree. Yet people were recently saying that it didn't matter how players trained only how they played during games. People crucify Sherwood for giving guys who train well a chance. I think AVB handled the Lloris situation right by making him earn it in training, all players especially signings shouldn't just expect to walk into the side.

Back
Top Bottom