Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's funny... when a player (or his agent) holds out for "Disgusting amount of Money per/week" they're branded a mercenary, and all that's bad about the modern footballer...

and yet, apparently, when they're being offered what is still (let's face it) an enormous - but not in the same ball park as Man City/Chelsea/Real enormous - amount of £££££ per week, they're suddenly 'in dispute' and should be holding out for Disgustingly Rich FC to come along, and stuff their face full of cash...

Why aren't they congratulated for knowing the meaning and value of money, and that earning an already inflated amount per week isn't the be-all-and-end-all, especially when you consider you're playing in front of some people without a job, or who have saved up for weeks/months just to see you playing football!

You can't have it both ways, either some players have some moral values, and actually enjoy playing football (for £80k a week!!) and some just want to follow the mega-rich...

which is it to be?
U genuinely believe people without jobs are going to watch spurs? I'd be amazed if this was true - although I do agree with what u were trying to say, this seemed silly unless I'm totally wrong and £150 per fortnight allows people to watch top flight football these days

U genuinely believe people without jobs are going to watch spurs? I'd be amazed if this was true - although I do agree with what u were trying to say, this seemed silly unless I'm totally wrong and £150 per fortnight allows people to watch top flight football these days

OK maybe not the unemployed actually WATCH Spurs... imagine that!!?
...after all, it would explain why the ground is half empty at KO on midweek games... EVERYONE'S COMING STRAIGHT FROM WORK!!
Maybe the unemployed just support the team from their threadbare armchair... watching next doors tv... or having to find out the result in tomorrow's Metro ('cos it's free!)
I'm sure a FEW unemployed people SOME HOW MANAGE to sneak/borrow/break their way into the ground on a matchday to watch a game... yes.
I'm almost pretty confident of it in fact!

He had some god-like saves yesterday.

He is a world class GK, but it's not really often we need him to show it..yesterday he couldn't change the result, but he was the player I'd blame the least.

He had some god-like saves yesterday.

He is a world class GK, but it's not really often we need him to show it..yesterday he couldn't change the result, but he was the player I'd blame the least.
Will he stay will he go ?
No doubt a fantastic keeper but he has a value which some other clubs can offer more money and a more consistent higher level of competition results.
There are a lot of other quality keepers playing for teams below our quality status. So I could see us cashing in (we have few other players to get big cash). If Levy could make 20mill on player out player in he has to consider it.
Ultimately at the moment we are still a club at towards the top of the food chain - not the top not the bottom we will/have been faced with this for a while. The trick is getting players of qual less then their real worth (eg Dier, Alli, Toby, Wanyama). Just need to avoid paying for players that do not produce - all clubs have them we just need a smaller number of underperformers given our lack of money to spend on a bigger quality squad.
We keep looking, keep chasing - I'm relaxed, we can do it with the stadium build.

Hope he retires here although he deserves to be at a team who win things.
He is the best spurs keeper in my lifetime.
2nd- robinson
3rd- thorstvedt

Such an amazing performance last night. If we'd won the game it would have gone down in history as one of the goalkeeping performances that really got the team the result.

I do worry he might be thinking he's better than Spurs now. Although that has been a worry for a few years now and he's stuck around. Not sure what will happen if we don't get top 4 this year, though.

IF he did decide to leave to go to pastures new & a chance to win things regularly, then I wouldn't begrudge him that as long as he didn't stay in England & sign for a rival and did not act the cunt about it like Bale, Modric, Berbatov etc. It would break my heart if he was anything less than a total gentleman about it, & I get the impression that he is an honourable bloke.

Will he stay will he go ?
No doubt a fantastic keeper but he has a value which some other clubs can offer more money and a more consistent higher level of competition results.
There are a lot of other quality keepers playing for teams below our quality status. So I could see us cashing in (we have few other players to get big cash). If Levy could make 20mill on player out player in he has to consider it.
Ultimately at the moment we are still a club at towards the top of the food chain - not the top not the bottom we will/have been faced with this for a while. The trick is getting players of qual less then their real worth (eg Dier, Alli, Toby, Wanyama). Just need to avoid paying for players that do not produce - all clubs have them we just need a smaller number of underperformers given our lack of money to spend on a bigger quality squad.
We keep looking, keep chasing - I'm relaxed, we can do it with the stadium build.
I don't think he will this summer. The richer clubs all seem happy with their keepers at the moment, no reason for them to try to get Lloris. But in 2018, when Buffon retires....

Back
Top Bottom