Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The really exciting part of all these contract signings is the players are 100% buying into MP's vision for the future of the club. To have a group of players all committed to the manager and his methods like this is quite unprecedented. The captain signing for 6 years is quite a statement. They all want to be around for the new stadium and I cannot wait!

Delighted with this. Sends a clear message to the rest of the squad (and other players considering moving to us) that a guy at the peak of his career who could play for just about any club in the world, is willing to stick around and see it through.

Such great news. Think back to before Hugo and all the shit or inconsistent keepers we had, all those mistakes and lost points, the anxiety it caused our defense. It was a nightmare, it is the hardest position in any team to get right. I could see him going into management one day too, so who knows, if we do have success and he finishes his career here then who knows...I love the fact all the opposition fans on social media are all like "oh, he's throwing his career away" etc. The jealousy and disappointment is palpable.

It's happened ever so slowly, but it's pretty amazing how quickly things have changed. For the previous few years, it was this inevitable and impending doom hanging over our shoulders that our best players would be leaving within the next 1-2 windows. That's not a problem at the moment, and I'm loving it.

Now, instead of worrying about our best players leaving, we can focus all of our nervous energy and arguments if/when Poch will leave soon.

This really is fantastic news. I would probably rate Hugo as one of my top 5 all time Spurs greats. I rate him that highly. I honestly think the prospect of playing 2 full seasons at Wembley is a really big factor in players commiting to the club

Back
Top Bottom