Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Made a decent one on Saturday, tbf, in the first half one on one
I suppose. But maybe it's because he doesn't play a lot. I was trying to think of any match saving saves he's made.
'That save form Vorm, that kept us in the match'
Just looked at the games he played in so maybe being a bit unfair. Then again Pochettino didn't even use him consistently in EL.
1-0 loss to Besiktas
4-3 win v LCFC
0-0 with Burnley
0-1 loss to Villa
1- 3 win v Newcastle
1-0 loss to Man U
1-1 fiorentina
1-1 Everton
8 goals conceded in 8 games 3 losses, 2 wins and 3 draws. Only 6 league games (5 & 2/3 ) :)!

I suppose. But maybe it's because he doesn't play a lot. I was trying to think of any match saving saves he's made.
'That save form Vorm, that kept us in the match'
Just looked at the games he played in so maybe being a bit unfair. Then again Pochettino didn't even use him consistently in EL.
1-0 loss to Besiktas
4-3 win v LCFC
0-0 with Burnley
0-1 loss to Villa
1- 3 win v Newcastle
1-0 loss to Man U
1-1 fiorentina
1-1 Everton
8 goals conceded in 8 games 3 losses, 2 wins and 3 draws. Only 6 league games (5 & 2/3 ) :)!

I never really remember him being that good for Swansea, and I think I read a stat the other day that said that Fabianski (his replacement of sorts) is one of the top ranking keepers of the last 2 seasons.

To be fair to him, we got to the final of the League cup in part because of him, and he hasn't really played much to say that he has had a chance to stick in the memory.

I think Lloris is reliable, so much so that we forget what it's like to have a terrible keeper. I guess we'll find out over the next few games if Vorm is a decent stand in.

I never really remember him being that good for Swansea, and I think I read a stat the other day that said that Fabianski (his replacement of sorts) is one of the top ranking keepers of the last 2 seasons.

To be fair to him, we got to the final of the League cup in part because of him, and he hasn't really played much to say that he has had a chance to stick in the memory.

I think Lloris is reliable, so much so that we forget what it's like to have a terrible keeper. I guess we'll find out over the next few games if Vorm is a decent stand in.

I remember him as being more than decent and quite a few eyebrows were raised that he was coming here as No2.

As has been said already, maybe knowing he's going to get a run of games will do him good, hopefully.

As number two goal keeper Vorm is decent. He could be a No 1 keeper in probably half the teams in the prem.

Hugo will be missed for his Captaincy as much as his ability as a keeper. He is always a calm influence on the pitch and whilst not the most vocal of players, he gets how we play and is integral to that. He appears very close to Poch as he is too Deschamps. It is widely rumoured that Lloris is so influential in the French team that he has a say in who should be in the squad. Nothing to suggest his influence is of that nature with us but listening talk there is no question his presence is massively influential.

I don't know much about Vorm's character and how he fits into the team but as one of the eldest players in the squad I hope he can step up lead this young team, even if he is not wearing a Captain's arm band.

Vorm's debut for Swansea, despite the 4-0 loss to Citeh, was one of the best performances from a keeper in the premier league. Some of the saves he made that night were incredible, most notably the one from Toure's free kick. He's not at that level now, but hopefully he's still at a high enough level that we'll not notice the loss of Huggie too much.

“He’s very good,” said the manager. “It’s difficult for Saturday [against Liverpool] but it’s sure that after the international break he’s with us again and available for the team.

“We’re happy because it wasn’t a big issue, his injury, and we believe and we think he’s available very soon. He’s not available to play [for France], he’ll stay with us in the next two weeks.”

Looks very relaxed and happy!

I bet he does... he knows he 'only' has to face Janssen this evening!!

...talking of which, wouldn't it be great if Poch had already had a word with Hugo, to "Be a bit creatively charitable" with his saves tonight whenever Vincent has a shot... (if you catch my drift) ...y'know, give the lad some confidence going into the weekend!

Now that would be tactical mind-games!
:pochsmirk::llorishowudoin:

Just to note - Hugo is yet to concede a goal from open play in the PL
Well now you've done it...
:lloris:
Slow handclaps in your general direction if it now happens on Saturday!
:llorishuh:
I thought we were keeping it under the radar, and only mentioning it in May?!
:llorishowudoin:

I bet he does... he knows he 'only' has to face Janssen this evening!!

...talking of which, wouldn't it be great if Poch had already had a word with Hugo, to "Be a bit creatively charitable" with his saves tonight whenever Vincent has a shot... (if you catch my drift) ...y'know, give the lad some confidence going into the weekend!

Now that would be tactical mind-games!
:pochsmirk::llorishowudoin:
Looks like France were playing Rush goalie......

Another woolwich handball that went unpunished

14680757_10154033652978505_3705046340322750488_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom