Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he's far better than fans give him credit for. He drifts in and out of games but creates chances even when he and the team are playing badly - see Man Utd when he fashioned our best chance, takes players on, has pace, pretty awesome skills - had a great flick to someone today. He played well against Chelsea too but all people remember is him not tracking back when Moses scored but how many out and out left wingers do that?

He's inconsistent and maybe not a Poch player. If we get a good offer in January I wouldn't be at all surprised if he left, but I think we'd miss him if he did.

I don't like Son, but selling him in Jan would be a mistake.

He still has potential and there have been periods where he's done well. We have too many new members in the squad as it is, without needing to add another for the sake of Son. Plus any replacement would either 1) Cost a bomb and be hard to get, which, let's be honest, isn't gonna happen. 2) Be some random unknown who Son would out-perform anyway.

If he does she all season, fine, sell in the summer. But in Jan? No way. He'll get us at least another 6-7 goals throughout the season.

Son makes tons of mistakes. He is inconsistent. We all know that. But he also is one of the most, if not the best, creative and versatile atrackers we have.
You all blamed him for not scoring for the past few months. When he was scoring braces back in September, everyone was praising his "selfishness." And now that he tried do the same, he gets blamed for doing so. If he is so selfish and all about himself, how the heck is he leading the team in assists along with Eriksen and Walker?
He single-handedly helped us get at least 9 points this season. That's more than 1/4 of our entire points in the league. What more do you expect from a guy who has had only 6 full time games including Champions league?
Has Son become a to-go scapegoat of this team now...?

Son when playing well - :levylol::levywhoa::pochohshit:
Son when playing bad - :dier::dembelewtf::dembelefingers:

The only reason we should consider offing him in Jan would be if we had a top notch replacement lined up. Still offers pace and direct dribbling which we don't have elsewhere.

Not sure he is consistent enough to be a top top player. One minute he is banging it in from 25 yards the next he is running, head down, into the opposition. Even when he is 'playing well' he is giving the ball away too much. I find it quite difficult to watch him at times. Having said that we need someone to run at the defence because we only have Sissoko as the other option.

We all know if we sell Son we won't buy a quality replacement.

So why would you want him sold? On the football field we will do objectively worse without Son in our squad.

Strange how many fans are worried about the books and bringing the club money, when one of the mottos of our club is literally "The game is about Glory".

Back
Top Bottom