Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mustafi is slow as fuck.
Fucking hell mate, you are a living contradiction, claims defenders can't keep up with him, shown clip of him pulling away from defenders, you come back with £35m defender is slow as fuck.....

the other players you mention all have 10yrds on him before he even turns, but why am I writing this when it's in the fucking clip for all to see, I must be loosing my mind? certainly wasting my time, Nunite.

Mustafi is slow as fuck.
Not only that but look at the back line. They keep pace perfectly. None of the defenders other than Mustafi is struggling to keep up, nor is Kane.

Kane isn't pacey. But can keep up with Son who is pacey?

Do you ever have anything fuciking positive to say? I know you are blatantly a glass half empty kind of guy, but fucking hell, I have never heard 1 posisitvie post from you on here.
I'm guessing your the kind of guy who when we win, you would moan that we didn't keep a clean sheet.... or when we score the goal is not exciting enough... or it's just a tap in?

Shit, I didn't realise that. Thanks old chap.

We scored a rebound, a tap in and a last min pen.

Again, over the moon, but not exactly goals that required much effort or guile. No one can say they thought we'd score many in that game - at 1-0 many on here were saying they didn't have much hope of us coming back.

:dembelefingers:

Last edited:
I get all that .
But here's the question, were you surprised when he fucked up that early one on one with the keeper in the must win CL game the other night ?

I didn't see the game, and I'm certainly not going to watch it now. But one incident is almost irrelevant. What about Kane's chance v Monaco at home on 80 mins when set up by VJ?
I wasn't and I doubt many were, stats don't give the whole story , Modric' s hard stats were hardly top notch at Spurs, but everyone could see he was a top notch player, including Madrid.

Our ppg with Luka must have been very good. And no I don't have them to hand. He was an inconsistent finisher. First time shots, good, with any time to think about it, very poor. Modric didn't feature much on assists, but he had a heck of a lot of passes to the player who DID assist. Interesting.

I don't see us fighting off suiters for Son's signature any time despite some stats.

Bundesliga clubs were on alert over the Summer. They've seen him far more than we have.

Oh and where did the stats that our PPG was much better when he played last season come from and how relevant are they, ie minutes on pitch.

Last season, around Feb I produced some stats which proved our ppg with Son were insane. Also our goals per game, with Kane the usual scorer. Kane gets so much more space and chances with Son on the pitch. I'm not going to do it all over again.

It also pretty much showed that with Dembele we didn't lost, and combined with Son we mainly won.

The hard stats for last season PL show 28 appearances and 4 goals.

Assists?

Actually this season its 9 games, 4 goals, 4 assists. I missed one. Almost one a game. When Kane gets up to full fitness, these 2 will score lots.

I have no idea why people abuse him for losing the ball actually trying to take on defenders.

He was more or less the only one.

We are a ridiculously static team in the final third, no movement, no plan, and Son in fact tries to make something happen.

Thought he was good yesterday, end product lacked but as NorseYid NorseYid said we need players who run with the ball, take-on and turn defenders, this is what causes mistakes in defences.

He still remains hugely inconsistent, from unplayable to droppable even in the same game let alone match to match (When he came on against the Pikie's couldn't pass, was tackled, then turns the game on it's head with two runs behind their defence).

The one part of his game that I can't tolerate is his defensive contribution, it's almost non-existent. He was at fault for not tracking Moses yesterday, who started his run standing next to Son on their 18yrd line.

I have no idea why people abuse him for losing the ball actually trying to take on defenders.

He was more or less the only one.

We are a ridiculously static team in the final third, no movement, no plan, and Son in fact tries to make something happen.

Do English teams actually practice attacking "plays"? When we come up against decent European teams, like Monaco, Lazio, or Dortmund, it is clear the attackers have set movements which often result in a goal - it looks orchestrated, whereas English football seems to rely more on individual moments of brilliance. That makes it more entertaining and it's great when a player is on form, but it makes teams look amateur in the final third against the decent European teams.

Do English teams actually practice attacking "plays"? When we come up against decent European teams, like Monaco, Lazio, or Dortmund, it is clear the attackers have set movements which often result in a goal - it looks orchestrated, whereas English football seems to rely more on individual moments of brilliance. That makes it more entertaining and it's great when a player is on form, but it makes teams look amateur in the final third against the decent European teams.

TBH against Monaco and Leverkusen, they never seemed to need more than move 3 players quickly into our half on the ball, and *kaboom* they'd be in the box and having a shot on goal.

We tediously keep passing and passing and passing the ball around playerrs in the final third. Players who are standing around waiting for the ball.

What impressed me against those two teams were how players in the final third were MOVING when the RECIEVED the ball, not AFTER recieving it.

We're not the only "top team" in England with this problem, Utd are dire and Chelsea can be so too.

QUOTE="Guido, post: 1114957, member: 1044"]Thought he was good yesterday...[/QUOTE]

I thought he stank the place out, his passing was attrocious.

100% agree with that about not tracking Moses tho.

£54 million on him and Sissoko and getting on for £200,000 a week

:dierno:

QUOTE="Guido, post: 1114957, member: 1044"]Thought he was good yesterday...

:dierno:[/QUOTE]
EVERYTHING we did in the first half came through him or he was involved with, he was the reason why Moses was non existent in the first half, his performance was key. He also did this without the support of Wimmer, who given his limitations at LB it was right for him not to venture too far over the half way line.

Don't confuse my "good" as brilliant or excellent because he was not. He as I said, lacked any real quality end product but his positioning and willingness to take players on was a key part of our first half performance and why we dominated them in the first half.

QUOTE="Guido, post: 1114957, member: 1044"]Thought he was good yesterday...

:dierno:[/QUOTE]
Let's not compare or put Son and Sissoko in the same context. If you are to pair any, it would be Sissoko and Janssen to be fair, Son has scored and contributed more this year than the pair combined. Agree he was not quality the last game but also agree with the other bloke that because of Son's movement, Moses was non existent and we were able to dominated Chelsea in the first half which is no small feat and only a handful of teams. i.e Barcelona, Bayern Munich & Real Madrid might do on their good day. Make no mistake, he has ways to go before he can earn my respect, but he is by far and will continue to be far above Sissoko and Janssen who are bigger concerns at the moment.

Not one mention of his goal for 'Goal of the Day' on Sky Sports and didn't even get a mention on MOTD.

Strange.

Not one mention of his goal for 'Goal of the Day' on Sky Sports and didn't even get a mention on MOTD.

Strange.

You know if he played for any of the teams above us and scored the exact same goal they would be going crazy about How it was a awesome strike........:sonhmm:

Back
Top Bottom