Heroes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One of the hospitals in my city is being sued right now by both the husband, and his wife, for one of their surgeons slipping up and cutting the guy's dick off in an attempted circumcision. That surgeon has been through training beyond anything you can possibly imagine, has been paid extremely well to do his job, and has likely done countless circumcisions among other operations before. But he is a human, and he makes mistakes, much like team physios do. Just because someone is paid to do something well, and have received hours of training in their field, does not mean that person is devoid of making mistakes or scrutiny for making them.

The discussion is to the degree of their mistakes if they have occurred, or if other factors are involved. No one is saying these physios are perfect, nor are they saying they're entirely inept. The point is that questions must be asked.

Let me ask, do you have any idea what joint commission is?

No I dont know what that is...

And to underline your first point, well thats what Im saying.

The surgeon you talk of is being sued.

Geoff Scott has been at Spurs since 2004....he has handled hundreds of millions of pounds worth of talent. Do you not think his incompetence would have been picked up by now..?

Had Bale/Ade/Modric/Berbatov/VDV etc been proven to have beed sidelined for months for no reason, do you not think he or the club may have faced some kind of lawsuit by now?

No I dont know what that is...

And to underline your first point, well thats what Im saying.

The surgeon you talk of is being sued.

Geoff Scott has been at Spurs since 2004....he has handled hundreds of millions of pounds worth of talent. Do you not think his incompetence would have been picked up by now..?

Had Bale/Ade/Modric/Berbatov/VDV etc been proven to have beed sidelined for months for no reason, do you not think he or the club may have faced some kind of lawsuit by now?

When discussing periods of time out from injury for an athlete, these things are all very discretionary in the eyes of a court of law. We're talking about a guy who had his dick clean cut off vs a guy who may attempt to sue because he felt he spent an extra few weeks on the sideline. It would practically be the player's word, his lawyer's, and a random doctor's vs a certified sports physio with not only full access to the player's records (as the hired physician would) but also hands on experience for the period of the rehabilitation period, as well as periods of health, from which he could use documents or professional observations to imply why he felt the player needed to be out for a few months. A judge in any state in any government would laugh the player directly out of the courtroom.

So the issue is the sample size to make the opinion on whether or not the physician team is competent or not in this regard is not something we can mathematically point to, as we can with a guy who now has one less penis. This is why questions must be asked, and are being asked.

Let's chill and shoot straight here for a sec though, Sam. I think your original point is valid. It's true, people do go over the top with the comments they make against the physios. And it's true, most of them may very well know less than you do on the topic. But the fact of the matter is, you don't know enough yourself to continue pointing to the things you do, and especially not enough to slate people over their opinions on the matter (it's a bit hypocritical to your original point tbh), nor do the medics on this board honestly to make concrete opinions on whether they're fully competent or not.

Joint Commission btw, is an American organization whose entire purpose is to scrutinize the health system in the US, one of the wealthiest businesses in the world. So again, just because people still have jobs, or are paid very well to do what they do, does not mean they're devoid of mistakes or scrutiny. Otherwise, there wouldn't even be a need for a tech to read off your rights and the risks before every single operation that's ever done on anyone. There's a reason they even have to ask your name, birthday, and SSN before they even stick a needle in you here or discuss any medical information with you.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...lwich-slump-bottom-of-201314-injury-list.html

Some highlights:

Research by the website physioroom.com has shown that Woolwich were without first-team players for a combined 1,716 days during this past season, almost 300 more than Tottenham who had the next worse injury record. By contrast, Chelsea were without key players for just 556 days this season, while champions Manchester City and runners-upLiverpool endured a similar injury toll of respectively 978 and 997 days lost.

Over the four year period, the club who have lost players for the most days to injury is actually Newcastle United on 5,645, followed by Woolwich on 5,492 and Tottenham on 5,330.

I know what Im talking about.

We have qualified doctors being entrusted to take care of multi million pound "products".

Do you think the club, and the players agents would accept us having a team of doctors who are causing extra injury problems through incompetence?

People are not thinking this through....they cant even point to other clubs having far less injuries as evidence because its simply not the case.

1) I am a qualified doctor and I wouldn't trust me
2) much like football people knowing footballing matters, doctory people know doctory matters - provided you're given enough information to make a call. We may all be in the dark but trusting simply because we have no voice and it's In Levy we Trust seems a little blind and passive for me.

Don't think we are gonna get anywhere to be honest as there is nothing either way to say why we have a bad injury list. Is it because we buy injury prone players, don't have large enough medical facilities, are just fucking unlucky, who knows.

We certainly need as a club to look into it but as to the argument is our medical team great or not doubt anyone on this thread can make a convincing argument either way as we are to devoid of facts other than we always seem to have a large injury list.

I think that cahspur cahspur asks questions whether they are good enough. As pointed out before, asking questions is always good if you're looking to improve.
Nothing we can do or say in here has any bearing on that of course, nor can we possibly know without backing it up with first hand information. In general, you can say that we have had a lot of injuries. I do trust the Club to keep trying to improve this.We certainly went a long way since the 90s. Further improvement is expected..whether we are worse than the other teams, hard to tell, and to just look at injury tables is a too narrow way of looking at it.

Oh, well. I guess that was clear as mud!

The only criticism I've got of our physio, is that he doesn't look like Chelsea's....

8290c89153c0bb1d777dd2cf980e96d8.jpg

I think that cahspur cahspur asks questions whether they are good enough. As pointed out before, asking questions is always good if you're looking to improve.
Nothing we can do or say in here has any bearing on that of course, nor can we possibly know without backing it up with first hand information. In general, you can say that we have had a lot of injuries. I do trust the Club to keep trying to improve this.We certainly went a long way since the 90s. Further improvement is expected..whether we are worse than the other teams, hard to tell, and to just look at injury tables is a too narrow way of looking at it.

Oh, well. I guess that was clear as mud!

It's true, to point to the injury tables as rationale to either fully declare the physio team as incompetent, or entirely competent or adequate, is poor logic indeed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom