Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't keep blaming Perisic for Sons form, he looks lost and indecisive all the time
Without Perisic this Spurs team would have been worse.

I am not defending Perisic. He only seems half interested at the moment.

Sad fact is that Perisic only giving us part of his best is still miles better than anything anyone else has to offer.

I never believed he was a good coach, I doubted him before he started.

I called him a blank chequebook manager and doubted his ability to do anything unless he had the very best squad in the league. I was right.

If we want a manager who can win things with a far better squad than anyone else in the league, then how about that guy, ooh what's he called...

Pochettino.

And yet, he took a terrible team last season that hadn't been in the champions league for a few years and turned it around. And fundamentally the same team has been in/around the top 4 most of this season.

The weirdest thing about the chequebook manager tag is how reluctant he always is to use new players. Not just at Spurs, he was the same at Chelsea and Inter

I think if he's allowed to take training tomorrow it is tantamount to an acceptance of guilt from the board. They will be saying they don't disagree with what he has said about them. Unacceptable for me. The man has to go surely?

This thread started 8th March yet still here and now people are willing to forgive the cunte bcos of his Teflon rant yday. Just 10 days have passed and what has changed for the players to now be selfish and 20 years of failure . Might be one more week of failure that pushed cunte over the edge. The time to come out with his rant was back in autumn when we won but played poorly. But of course not bcos that his whole football ethos. If he wins playing crap football then it justifies his means. If we don’t win then it’s not his fault but through in anything you can. We need patience, to build to beat 2nd SU, AC history, the board, players, glc, the pope, go back to Italy to have an op he could have had done in london, anything except him.

We chased 4 trophies in 82. We were knackered against Barca away and missed on another European cup as we would have won Liege in the final. And had we not played 8 matches in the 16 days between May 1st and the 17th we might have got much more out of that season in the league. After beating Woolwich 3-1 away on April 14th we had a lot of game in hand including two matches against Liverpool. If we weren't fatigued we would have won the league.

85 was our last serious shot at the title until 2016, losing to Everton at home in a 6 pointer finished our ambitions.

Our early 80s side definitely deserved more than we achieved.
Although I don’t have your memory for detail, I was at all those games. I remember the Barca game at WHL as being probably the most cynical I’ve witnessed.
My point is that it’s a very fine line between ‘failure’ and ‘success’ (especially in the cups). This seems to be lost on many of the posters here.

Although I don’t have your memory for detail, I was at all those games. I remember the Barca game at WHL as being probably the most cynical I’ve witnessed.
My point is that it’s a very fine line between ‘failure’ and ‘success’ (especially in the cups). This seems to be lost on many of the posters here.
Considering far less talented sides at the time could come up with a league title and a European cup (fucking Villa and Forest), I tend to agree that overall we weren’t successful.
Or more accurately we very naïve to have only got three trophies during the 1980-85 period.

Exactly. Romero you should stop being so selfish and win the ball. Dont try to make it all 'your' problem you twat. Be more like the Diers and Davieses. Let someone else deal with it. Stand in a corner and point out where the problem is, be selfless and give others the opportunity to do things. Busy bastard!
Yeah I'm often on here bigging up Dier and Davies.....

Prat

This thread started 8th March yet still here and now people are willing to forgive the cunte bcos of his Teflon rant yday. Just 10 days have passed and what has changed for the players to now be selfish and 20 years of failure . Might be one more week of failure that pushed cunte over the edge. The time to come out with his rant was back in autumn when we won but played poorly. But of course not bcos that his whole football ethos. If he wins playing crap football then it justifies his means. If we don’t win then it’s not his fault but through in anything you can. We need patience, to build to beat 2nd SU, AC history, the board, players, glc, the pope, go back to Italy to have an op he could have had done in london, anything except him.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I've lost count of the amount of times fans focusing on the manager with so much vigour have been fooled by this club.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I've lost count of the amount of times fans focusing on the manager with so much vigour have been fooled by this club.
You have to understand the difference between the usual lack of ambition filtering down from the top, and coaches that are fed up with it and just want out.

Make no mistake, all of the coaches that got sacked bar maybe Redknapp, ultimately wanted the sack. Redknapp got sacked because he arrogantly thought he was gonna be anointed England Manager and downed tools. Then expected a new bumper contract when it didn't happen.
So really, despite Levy and ENIC being the cause of the problem, they're not leaving, like, ever, so they have to keep changing coaches.

The relationship is dead. Conte can't sacked Levy. Just separate now.

You have to understand the difference between the usual lack of ambition filtering down from the top, and coaches that are fed up with it and just want out.

Make no mistake, all of the coaches that got sacked bar maybe Redknapp, ultimately wanted the sack. Redknapp got sacked because he arrogantly thought he was gonna be anointed England Manager and downed tools. Then expected a new bumper contract when it didn't happen.
So really, despite Levy and ENIC being the cause of the problem, they're not leaving, like, ever, so they have to keep changing coaches.

The relationship is dead. Conte can't sacked Levy. Just separate now.
Yes, redknapp, poch, mourinho, and conte have consitently become despondent, and there is only one reason for that.

It's like being annoyed at a plant for refusing to grow despite not watering it.

They have all punched above their weight in terms of league positions vs investment and lack of clear on the pitch footballing strategy that isn't primarily driven by a need to target players based on sell on value over winning titles.

Mainly Levy doesn't want to fork out a few million to break Conte's contract when he can grin and bear it for a few short months until the summer.

It's always about the £££ with Levy.

It would cost the club more not getting a CL place which now looks like it won't happen if Conte sticks around so I'm not sure I buy that story or the assertions that go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom