Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our 80s were far from great. Basically they were saved by a penalty shootout and two cup replays and on our back to back cup wins, we had terrific draws and barely left London.
One great season in 86/87 but the rest of it was certainly no better— I’d argue worse— than the Poch years. The Sugar years were at best, mediocre, and at worst, awful.
The truth is that we haven’t been consistently good since arguably 1971 (73?). We were relegated shortly after. We’re a team from a shabby part of London that peaked in the 50s/60s.
Lots of other teams peaked around then and even earlier and they’re not close to getting back to the top.
We chased 4 trophies in 82. We were knackered against Barca away and missed on another European cup as we would have won Liege in the final. And had we not played 8 matches in the 16 days between May 1st and the 17th we might have got much more out of that season in the league. After beating Woolwich 3-1 away on April 14th we had a lot of games in hand including two matches against Liverpool. If we weren't fatigued we would have won the league.

85 was our last serious shot at the title until 2016, losing to Everton at home in a 6 pointer finished our ambitions.

Our early 80s side definitely deserved more than we achieved.

Last edited:
His rant yesterday wasn't really wrong

The players are weak. We all know it.
The club have failed repeatedly despite 12 permanent managers. We all know that.

What bugs me is that through all this, he's adding to the problems with his flat out refusal to use players at his disposal.

I thought at 3-1 we could really go for it. But nope, we conceded and bottled it.
Bad refereeing wasn't the cause for that, it was the players on the pitch.
Another 90 minutes of Son ffs.
2 forced subs and the only chosen ones at 86 fucking minutes. Again.
How can anyone be so unwilling to change things so often?

In the grand scheme of things, it could be cheaper to pay him off to go, than keep him around and drop down the league.

This is not going to pan out in the manner you (and many others) are romanticising it to.

It's not going to force ENIC to sell.
It's not going to force Lewis to spend more money.
.....And that fact that Conte has essentially just fast-tracked his exit just means that some of the players you'd like to see gone will now get a(nother) fresh start under the next manager.
Sadly , I think you are spot on

They probably need to hold an emergency board meeting. I'm thinking it's taking place about now on Teams, Zoom or like. And before 2pm he's out, If they don't want the replacement ready before they announce it? Then it could be 5 pm. Get Bielsa in as caretaker. Make the players sweat a bit

Bielsa as caretaker..... That's FUNNY!

Unlikely as it feels; there's always the outside possibility that they've 'heard' him and have pledged to let him rip it up and do things his way................

Nothing would suprise me any longer..
He hasn't got a his way. Every signing that doesn't work is a club signing. His way is to fall out with everyone and then try and force a paid exit. His way is to play 5 2 3 every fucking week. His way is to call for patience whilst not wanting to be around for the medium term. His way is to publicly shit on players when that should be done privately.

He doesn't want to be here. Sack him now for the love of God

Fine words but I judge people actions, like recklessly diving in on a yellow in a crucial CL tie for example.

Romero is 100% one of the ones Conte is referencing with the selfish comments.
Exactly. Romero you should stop being so selfish and win the ball. Dont try to make it all 'your' problem you twat. Be more like the Diers and Davieses. Let someone else deal with it. Stand in a corner and point out where the problem is, be selfless and give others the opportunity to do things. Busy bastard!

Massive odds on now following him calling out the serial loser Levy for what he is yesterday and ramming down a few uncomfortable home truths

Betfair Exchange | Best Odds Online, Back and Lay Betting

Well done Antonio. Good Man! Hopefully you'll leave a lasting legacy that makes a major contribution towards the demise of these hideous, winning averse, profiteering owners once and for all.

As you once again lead your next club to glory and silverware, your parting words will be remembered and requoted time and time again to remind the masses of the stain that continues to hold us back

COYS!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Antonio Antonio Antonioooo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom