Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s sad to say but this guy needs to be mercilessly booed to get the message across to the idiots that run this team. It worked on nuno.

When the only compliment a player gets is he’s a fucking neat player, then maybe his job should be keeping the dressing room in pristine shape instead of being out on the pitch.
There’sa lot of abhorrent shite on this place right now, but this first paragraph in your post stood out as particularly nasty today.

Last edited:
It’s sad to say but this guy needs to be mercilessly booed to get the message across to the idiots that run this team. It worked on nuno.

When the only compliment a player gets is he’s a fucking neat player, then maybe his job should be keeping the dressing room in pristine shape instead of being out on the pitch.
Hard to agree with this but I do. Ditto PEH. As soon as he bottles possession and boots it back to Lloris he should be roundly bood

Last edited:
Hard to agree with this but I do. Dirty PEH. As soon as bottles possession and boots it back to Lloris he should be roundly bood

Fuck's sake... The state of some of you. :contetellmemore:

At least take your ignorant attitude to the PEH thread.......

Or better still, start a 'players we should boo' thread; that way all you birds of a toxic feather can play soggy biscuit together without fucking up individual player threads any more.

Last edited:
He’s being what we need at the moment: a squad player who can fill in when the best midfielders are injured. Lovely ball through to Sess yesterday. If you’d told me the first goal was going to arrive via a Winks - Sess - Doc charge, I’d have laughed loudly, but it was a fantastic bit of play. And Winks has had a few of those moments of late. Unfortunately, he has also been his rather wasteful self at other times as well so I’d still prefer an upgrade. Same with Sess and Doc. But no faulting their commitment yesterday.

I thought he played perfectly fine yesterday. It was him that played a big part in our first goal.

While he's not going to ever be good enough to be anything other than a backup, a bit part player, he's also nowhere near as bad as some try to make out.

Last edited:
He’ll play perfectly fine (which for him means a tidy game and maybe a decent pass) for a game or two and then suck for 3 games. Rinse and repeat. Same old story over and over again… we should know by now.

Easy to come on here after the decent game and then go into hiding after a dreadful performance.

The good thing is when our best 2 CMs come back, we will be a lot more consistent.

I would like the team to be higher than 7th and unless we find a miracle like Dembele to carry him, it won’t be if Winks is a significant contributor. Even so, why would you want a player that just needs carried by his CM partner?

Stolen from twatter.

Physio.jpg

It's really very simple - with a fit, PEH, Skipp and Bentancur, Winks becomes 4th choice.
With Skipp and Bentancur out, Conte needs to try and pick Winks up, dust him off, and get the best he can out of him.

WHEN Winks leaves, I doubt he'll be lavishing praise on him.

Back
Top Bottom