Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

See Season 16 GIF by The Simpsons

Not going to need a magnifying glass. They're both massive dicks.

Read what I said again.

We reached the final of the Carsabao cup back in December, what would he sack him 4 months later knowing that he was in line for this apparent bonus despite the fact that he had plenty of legit opportunities to sack him including the nonsense which happened in Zagreb?

Think about it...

I don't need to.

We were still on course for top 4 back in December. When the writing was on the wall and Mourinho was not going to succeed in top 4, he sacked him at the worst moment (in terms of possible success) to save a few quid.

Getting to the final in December is not when Levy would have had to pay the bones. It is in April**, after the final.

Childish view in my opinion. H has been with us for a generation. I watched him play for us at academy level and all the way through his career. He loves our club and his given his an almighty shift over many seasons when he could have walked years ago. He’s a pro, it’s his career and playing abroad, winning some trophies, and bring in guaranteed CL every season is very reasonable for a 30yo who is one of the best strikers in the world. Personally, I’m grateful for the couple of decades we’ve had him and he’s helped put us on the map. Now we move on with an exciting manager and some good young players.
Why does any of that mean he should come
And waltz back into the team at 33, we may have a young striker doing well and developing that could hinder. I love Kane, but once he leaves I don’t want him using us as a retirement home once he’s won the lot, we need to move on

I don't need to.

We were still on course for top 4 back in December. When the writing was on the wall and Mourinho was not going to succeed in top 4, he sacked him at the worst moment (in terms of possible success) to save a few quid.

Getting to the final in December is not when Levy would have had to pay the bones. It is in March, after the final.

Doesn't make any sense..

We were still on course for top 4 in April when he sacked him.

Your theory is quite funny.

If Kane has had the green light to go, then been told not to fly whilst on the way to the airport, then it's another sign of Levy's incompetence.

Surely the negotiations should have been finalised before Kane left for the airport.

Doesn't make any sense..

We were still on course for top 4 in April when he sacked him.

Your theory is quite funny.
It makes perfect sense. You piped up saying it was debunked, which is horseshit.

You don't fucking sack your head coach for a youth coach 4 days before a final hoping to give your team the best chance to win a trophy. What the fuck are some fans on

If Kane has had the green light to go, then been told not to fly whilst on the way to the airport, then it's another sign of Levy's incompetence.

Surely the negotiations should have been finalised before Kane left for the airport.
Probably sound have been finalised in June or July too…

Why does any of that mean he should come
And waltz back into the team at 33, we may have a young striker doing well and developing that could hinder. I love Kane, but once he leaves I don’t want him using us as a retirement home once he’s won the lot, we need to move on
Who says he waltzes into the team?
And who says we won't desperately need him to?

So it made sense to sack a serial winner just before a cup final and replace him with a youth coach with no experience? Is that what you are trying to explain to me?

I think I'd rather listen to Paul Merson's beating the bookies podcast for fuck sake
Hoddle for Graham was a publicity stunt, that backfired spectacularly....

Hoddle was an AWFUL manager!

Mason for Jose was just a panic measure... possibly based on finance.... but in football terms, it made no sense...
Dunno why, it still baffles me!

Do you reckon Charlie Kane will come in on his motorbike?
Well if he does....

So it made sense to sack a serial winner just before a cup final and replace him with a youth coach with no experience? Is that what you are trying to explain to me?

I think I'd rather listen to Paul Merson's beating the bookies podcast for fuck sake

I think sacking him was justifiable and letting him have the final was also justifiable.

The truth is that Mou should have been sacked straight after Zagreb but as usual Levy dithered.

Don't let it be lost that it's Kane and his team who had discussions with Tuchel behind the clubs back.

He's hardly the innocent party here . . .
What did Levy tell Kane when Kane refused to sign extension?
I would imagine something like:
“You won’t leave for free, you won’t play for another PL club, go and find a club abroad “.

Last edited:
For fucks sake just get it done.

Made the mistake of putting on SSN.

'Needs trophies'
'Kane is looking after Kane after being denied his move to City two years ago'

CITY DIDN'T MAKE A SUITABLE BID!!! THEN HARRY WENT ON STRIKE!!!

Tbf the only one almost taking sense is someone called Harriet Prior. But even she has some lazy tropes seeping in.

Back
Top Bottom