Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From a business point of view we can't lose him for nothing. From Kane's point of view he deserves to win trophies and even if Ange's football wins *something* it's a way off.

What is a disgrace is doing it now. If you were going to sell him, do it before and get some sort of replacement in. Haggling over a few million quid isn't ultimately the best thing here.
We set our price. They lowballed, we declined their offers. Brighton did exactly the same with Caciado. This is how transfers work mate. The window is open for another month(???).

It's like a dick measuring contest between Charlie Kane and Daniel Levy.
See Season 16 GIF by The Simpsons

Of course it made sense, the players hated him and had downed tools.

Now that’s not to say it had to be done, it would also have made sense to give him a chance to play that final. But it wasn’t some totally insane decision made to save a few quid. Levy thought sacking Mou would lift the players and give us a better chance of winning a game that we were very likely to lose anyway.

So it made sense to sack a serial winner just before a cup final and replace him with a youth coach with no experience? Is that what you are trying to explain to me?

I think I'd rather listen to Paul Merson's beating the bookies podcast for fuck sake

he saw the caicedo deal and got jealous.

anyone actually happy that this Is the sort of person we have that runs our club? like honestly? it's fucking embarrassing beyond belief the fact that we as fans aee made to look like laughing stocks.

He really should have just got rid of Kane weeks ago.

Just like that beleaguered guy on the second Death Star, we need more men!

We finished 8th last season WITH Harry Kane.

You're expecting too much from Ange in his first season, he's not a miracle worker nor should we expect him to be.
This gives Ange breathing space. He can now have this season to rebuild and always say that it was all because Kane left unexpectedly !!

There is such a thing as a trophy winning bonus, not just a bonus for qualifying for Europe.

Sounds like one myth has been debunked using another myth to me.

There was no justification for sacking him that week that makes any sense whatsoever, unless it was about money.

Read what I said again.

We reached the final of the Carsabao cup back in December, what would he sack him 4 months later knowing that he was in line for this apparent bonus despite the fact that he had plenty of legit opportunities to sack him including the nonsense which happened in Zagreb?

Think about it...

Mourinho sacked on 19th April 2021. League Cup final was 25th April 2021. Its there in black and white.

How use a bit of critical thinking...

Just like that beleaguered guy on the second Death Star, we need more men!

We finished 8th last season WITH Harry Kane.

You're expecting too much from Ange in his first season, he's not a miracle worker nor should we expect him to be.
We had Conte in a full-on low block last season.

I don't know what to expect from Ange, I've repeatedly said this in almost every post I've mentioned him, but I am encouraged with what I read and now beginning to see and hear from him directly. How he translates to the prem I don't know, other than already he's a breath of fresh air from the last two depressing cunts mascarading as our managers.

You didn't answer the question. Do you think Son, Maddison, Kulu etc are shit?

Just catching up on the soap opera that is the Kane transfer.

If it is true that we accepted the offer and now are going back and re negotiating that is just unbelievably poor form.

I know football is a business but in business your personal brand and how you conduct yourself is very important and Levy is shooting that brand to pieces. Maybe he will eke an extra few mill, or even 10, out this time but mark my words it will do more damage in the long run with other transfers. That's what Levy fails to comprehend time and again.

Fuck him coming back in 3 years anyway
Childish view in my opinion. H has been with us for a generation. I watched him play for us at academy level and all the way through his career. He loves our club and his given his an almighty shift over many seasons when he could have walked years ago. He’s a pro, it’s his career and playing abroad, winning some trophies, and bring in guaranteed CL every season is very reasonable for a 30yo who is one of the best strikers in the world. Personally, I’m grateful for the couple of decades we’ve had him and he’s helped put us on the map. Now we move on with an exciting manager and some good young players.

Back
Top Bottom