Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Couldn’t blame him for moving on this summer. We had our best team since the early 1980’s, possibly early 1960’s and still we couldn’t win anything. Players want to win things and are remembered for what they win. Now that we’re a mid table side and in an absolute shit storm, it’s not a very attractive proposition to hang around until his early 30’s in the hope that we come again. It’s going to take 4 or 5 years to turn this mess around.

I felt even before his latest injury that he was a much diminished force from the player he was in 2015-17, after all the ankle injuries. God knows what sort of condition he comes back in now, as this latest injury is his worst by some distance.

I’d be disappointed if he went to Man U though, if his reasoning for leaving is to challenge for and win trophies. They’re in as big a mess as we are and have been like that since 2013.

So funny seeing the arrogance of united fans on twitter thinking it’s 2008 and they can just take who they want from us re Kane. Fucking arrogant cunts. Hope city smash them on Sunday

So funny seeing the arrogance of united fans on twitter thinking it’s 2008 and they can just take who they want from us re Kane. Fucking arrogant cunts. Hope city smash them on Sunday
City is just laughs and United a bit more cunty but Liverpool wins hands down when it comes to having the unlikeable fans. Some of the things they say and make up is just artistic. I so hope there is a banana peel or a beach ball this year.

The hypocrisy on this forum tho....

Nope.

No comments from Kane....

No talk of "new challenges".

#NoEriksen

Just the latest installment in years worth of the same media shit stirring surrounding Kane.

Edit: Don't like facts, fanboy?

You enjoying being an Inter fan now?

Last edited:
Jesus Christ the negativity in this thread. Pull yourselves together mates. Yes, we’re going through a rough patch and yes we need a couple good signings this summer to tighten up our defence but this team isn’t as bad as you think it is. Especially up front. I’ll give Harry at least one more year, if we shit the bed next year then it’s anyone guess
This team is awful and has been for about 18 months

Realised Harry is playing the long game here.

His true ambition is to play American football. Always has been.

This kicking a round soccer ball shit is just practise for him.

He’s going absolutely nowhere.

The future NFL team “ Tottenham Cowboy Spurs” have their “Goal kicker special play offensive kick man” already in place.
(That’s an NFL position yeah?)

Has anyone got actual quotes of Harry saying he is considering his future elsewhere?
Or even anyone credible and close to Harry/the club saying so?

I'm yet to see one thing, it's all a load of bullshit and there are one to many melts on here.
How do you he hasn’t said that? To anyone? Ever? He’s getting to an age where perhaps he wants some glory and get Bale rich. It’s business no one would fault him given the shit show the team has become. I give him one more year under Jose Levy

Your argument hinges on whether you believe the above.

Over the last five years he's been flogged (Rochdale comes to mind) by us. At another European club with a 'fit-for-purpose squad' game time could be carefully managed and perhaps injury mitigated.

Personally I don't think he's any more injury prone than Salah or Aguero.

Of course not, but still north of £100m

I don't think the Greaves record motivates him. Most strikers have only a rough idea of how many goals they've scored in a season (the total PL + pre-season + League Cup etc.).

In my view, what motivates him is winning titles, cups and securing lifetime financial security for his family.

That will be determinned by him, his agent and the size of the cheque we receive.
For the record, this is everything I would've said in disagreeing with the same post, so now I don't have to post it myself. Good job.

Injury-proneness is difficult to quantify or even qualitatively describe with any accuracy because of the nature and relative rarity of injuries in football. It's related to the statistics of rare events: that is to say that two players with career injury totals of 6 and 12, respectively, look very distinct (100% distinct!) but really their probability of being injured in any given game is still ridiculously low, such that the difference of six has a reasonable probability (p) of being down to chance.

There is a real possibility that Kane was either very lucky in his first few seasons or has been very unlucky in his last few seasons. There's nowhere near enough information to be so confident in a trend, let alone predict with absolute unequivocal certainty that he's "going to get injured [for 3 months, no less!] in every future season". And you're obviously right that the damage thus far and any future damage could have been and still could be mitigated by playing him less.

Last edited:
A thought occurred to me: people in here are talking about a crocked Torres as an example of injury-relared transfer business but don't we have a better example closer to home? Spurs bought Ndombele just this summer gone for a club record fee and so far he looks like a footballer in his 30s and on the wane (in terms of fitness).

Did the club not understand what they were buying or did they spend 55m on him anyway? Kane is far fitter than Ndombele when neither has an active injury. And Ndombele seems to spend just as much time on the table from the limited evidence we have so far.

Based on all of that noise, why wouldn't someone else take a similar gamble on Kane? 55m for a sick note with high potential versus 100m for a proven world class striker with all the individual plaudits available but a potential injury problem? I know which I'd pick if it was my money.

And I'm not even in the "sell Kane" camp so I don't know why I'm formulating this argument. I guess the number of people trying to sell him while deflating his value got to me enough to justify him still being worth a nine-figure fee.

Theres a good chance its already it. He tore a tendon of the bone ffs.

People acting like its a sprained ankle.
That's just really depressing. As I said in another post, there's no point predicting sad worst case scenarios like this. I also talked about how far the state of the art in medicine has come in treating athletic injuries: there are so many people on the tennis circuit right now, including basically all of the Big Four, whose careers would've been over a long time ago if they were playing even just a decade earlier. Progress is constant and the gains being made are still not rounding off.

Football is dead to me once Kane retires. He feels like the key link that keeps me identifying with the England squad. I don't consume the hashtags or play the Instagram and Kane seems like the last big England player to belong culturally to my world instead of the world of Facetube and so on.

Last edited:
A thought occurred to me: people in here are talking about a crocked Torres as an example of injury-relared transfer business but don't we have a better example closer to home? Spurs bought Ndombele just this summer gone for a club record fee and so far he looks like a footballer in his 30s and on the wane (in terms of fitness).

Did the club not understand what they were buying or did they spend 55m on him anyway? Kane is far fitter than Ndombele when neither has an active injury. And Ndombele seems to spend just as much time on the table from the limited evidence we have so far.

Based on all of that noise, why wouldn't someone else take a similar gamble on Kane? 55m for a sick note with high potential versus 100m for a proven world class striker with all the individual plaudits available but a potential injury problem? I know which I'd pick if it was my money.

And I'm not even in the "sell Kane" camp so I don't know why I'm formulating this argument. I guess the number of people trying to sell him while deflating his value got to me enough to justify him still being worth a nine-figure fee.
So I see history is already being re written.
Ndombele was a crock when we bought him was he?
Well in 2017/18 he played 50 games, and last season he played 49 games.
In those 99 games he missed three with injury, and was out for one game each time.

Then he trained one summer with Poch and this is what we have.
Disagree with that too if you want but they are facts.

That's just really depressing. As I said in another post, there's no point predicting sad worst case scenarios like this. I also talked about how far the state of the art in medicine has come in treating athletic injuries: there are so many people on the tennis circuit right now, including basically all of the Big Four, whose careers would've been over a long time ago if they were playing even just a decade earlier. Progress is constant and the gains being made are still not rounding off.

Football is dead to me once Kane retires. He feels like the key link that keeps me identifying with the England squad.

Its a complete tear of the hamstring. Regardless of re attaching it or whether we can cure ligament damage. For a football its the worst injury because the acceleration and power comes from that muscle. If you take even 5% away from a stiker he will never be the same. We just have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom