Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is it pissing anybody else off that every other sentence out of Kane's mouth is about being ready for he Euro's??

What are Spurs? chopped Liver? Spurs pay your wages not England! Get your priorities straight

Has to be his best chance of winning a trophy with England. Next euros be 30+.

Next World Cup. Fuck knows Anything could happen I guess. But will be harder to win than the euros I imagine.

A couple more serious injuries and that might well be it for Harry.

As much as we need him, If I were him I'd be very careful about coming back too soon, just so he can flex to show he's ready for the Euros.

Yet he's communicated it to Duncan Castles? Kane is under contract until 2024, we hold all the cards based on him staying or selling him for top money. This isn't one I'll be worrying about anytime soon.
If he wants to leave he will leave. No doubt he’s aware of his failing body and he wants to maximise his earning potential away from Spurs where he’s consistently run into the ground. It’s understandable that he views his role as England captain as more important than running the channels for a dysfunctional team like ours. He’s done his bit and more. Nobody could begrudge him a move. He ain’t winning anything with us.

You know I admire your positivity Mark, but we are fucked.

If he wants to leave he will leave. No doubt he’s aware of his failing body and he wants to maximise his earning potential away from Spurs where he’s consistently run into the ground. It’s understandable that he views his role as England captain as more important than running the channels for a dysfunctional team like ours. He’s done his bit and more. Nobody could begrudge him a move. He ain’t winning anything with us.

You know I admire your positivity Mark, but we are fucked.
I think deep down most people get this, but the first go to defence mechanism is denial and rationalization

If Kane eventually wants to leave, he will leave, in 2020 the players hold all the power due to their insane value.

No club is benching a 150m asset and allows it to depreciate, least of all Levy, out of pure spite.

Jesus Christ the negativity in this thread. Pull yourselves together mates. Yes, we’re going through a rough patch and yes we need a couple good signings this summer to tighten up our defence but this team isn’t as bad as you think it is. Especially up front. I’ll give Harry at least one more year, if we shit the bed next year then it’s anyone guess

Jesus Christ the negativity in this thread. Pull yourselves together mates. Yes, we’re going through a rough patch and yes we need a couple good signings this summer to tighten up our defence but this team isn’t as bad as you think it is. Especially up front. I’ll give Harry at least one more year, if we shit the bed next year then it’s anyone guess
Negative or realistic?

This is the discussion that's been had last year (and the year before). At some point it will become true and he'll leave. 2020 could be it.

Looking at the current state of the team/squad and our recent performances, we have very little to offer him other than state-of-the-art facilities. He could double his salary in Europe and secure the long term future of his family. Who wouldn't?

Irony is we could have been champions of Europe if he wasnt picked to start, and we went with something a little bit more original. Despite their head start they were nervy as poor and we dominated the ball, but did nothing with it.

He also wouldn’t be in this situation if he had been rotated down the years.

Has anyone got actual quotes of Harry saying he is considering his future elsewhere?
Or even anyone credible and close to Harry/the club saying so?

I'm yet to see one thing, it's all a load of bullshit and there are one to many melts on here.

Negative or realistic?

This is the discussion that's been had last year (and the year before). At some point it will become true and he'll leave. 2020 could be it.

Looking at the current state of the team/squad and our recent performances, we have very little to offer him other than state-of-the-art facilities. He could double his salary in Europe and secure the long term future of his family. Who wouldn't?
This isn’t the same Kane of 15/16 though.

Everyone knows he will miss at least three months a year now.
Since the 16/17 season to now (still not fit) he has missed 46 games.

So in 3.5 seasons he missed an entire season plus 8 games.

We won’t be getting 200M and while I don’t see him running down his contract do you really want a situation where we are selling Kane 60M?

It’s literally make or break. I fear it’s too late already, and sorry but this is entirely on Kane himself and the last manager.
People will look to Ajax as their best memory
in decades and an amazing feat, yet claim we didn’t have a squad that could work without Kane and he had to play the final.

He could go and get 400k a week at Juve, and win stuff, and be a key player absolutely, I just don’t think the club will sell him though.

He’s almost like a hostage through emotional ties, but what he needs to do is forget this season, forget the Euros, get fit and be that player from the Chelsea 5-3 again.

People said he had matured and evolved and was a better player under Poch.
Naaah, he was a hold up man and opportunist playing every game with self preservation at the back of his mind. Even his celebration became safe.

Last edited:
People really think he will leave this summer? No way imo.
With the euros around the corner I think that is all he will be focusing on. He will give it a season where Mourinho is allowed to bring in who he wants then bail out if next season goes tits up and who can blame him.

People really think he will leave this summer? No way imo.
With the euros around the corner I think that is all he will be focusing on. He will give it a season where Mourinho is allowed to bring in who he wants then bail out if next season goes tits up and who can blame him.
Like, the chance is always there. But with less than a 100 goals left to catch up to Jimmy Greaves I definitely agree that he will give it 1-2 more years. His contract is also for 4 more years so we can (and should) demand and absolute king's ransom for him.

He'll stay for 1-2 more years, Give Jose or whoever replaces Jose a honest shot. Then possibly bow out when he has 2 years left on his deal.

If he wants to leave at all.

This isn’t the same Kane of 15/16 though.

Everyone knows he will miss at least three months a year now.
Since the 16/17 season to now (still not fit) he has missed 46 games.

So in 3.5 seasons he missed an entire season plus 8 games.

We won’t be getting 200M and while I don’t see him running down his contract do you really want a situation where we are selling Kane 60M?

It’s literally make or break. I fear it’s too late already, and sorry but this is entirely on Kane himself and the last manager.
People will look to Ajax as their best memory
in decades and an amazing feat, yet claim we didn’t have a squad that could work without Kane and he had to play the final.

He could go and get 400k a week at Juve, and win stuff, and be a key player absolutely, I just don’t think the club will sell him though.

He’s almost like a hostage through emotional ties, but what he needs to do is forget this season, forget the Euros, get fit and be that player from the Chelsea 5-3 again.

People said he had matured and evolved and was a better player under Poch.
Naaah, he was a hold up man and opportunist playing every game with self preservation at the back of his mind. Even his celebration became safe.

Chelsea paid £50m for a blatantly broken and finished Torres
Kane could quite comfortably break the world transfer record this summer IMO, just off his name alone.
He gets injured predominantly in premier league games during tackles (this season's hammy side) Which, unless he's up against Sergio Ramos, he'll be fine in Spain.

Back
Top Bottom