Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Kane indicated he might leave then he risks Jose saying he is not ready and not playing him. Southgate has said he needs to be playing for his club to play in the euros. Therefore there is no way Kane would be that stupid to say anything regarding leaving. He has a contract and will have no option but to stay.

If Kane indicated he might leave then he risks Jose saying he is not ready and not playing him. Southgate has said he needs to be playing for his club to play in the euros. Therefore there is no way Kane would be that stupid to say anything regarding leaving. He has a contract and will have no option but to stay.

He hasn't spoken to the Telegraph that's for damn sure.

Kane is so ungrateful. After all we did for him. We made him from nothing.
We stuck by him when he got injured, even when he forced himself into the CL final half fit at our expense. Son was always the better CF.
We let him wear the armband. Eventually paid him 200k a week. And this is how he repays us.
We don't need him. He'll go on and get injured at his new club. 150m in the kitty yes please.

Just getting in some practice lads. #ENIC FC

Even as Kane's biggest fan, I get what you're saying. Potentially, Kane could be wasted on a rebuild, in the sense that if you've hypothetically got a mediocre squad for the next few seasons, keeping Kane alone (or any one player) probably won't get you top 4. And the money gained from selling him could be distributed across the squad to raise the average level instead of having a completely top-heavy XI.

I wouldn't want to see Kane spend the rest of his theoretical peak in a team where he definitely won't win anything (all of this is hypothetical -- I don't know what's in store for Spurs!) and I think it would be magnanimous of supporters to wish him deserved success elsewhere if success is indeed off the table here.

Although I think it would be a move that a lot of fans would come to... not necessarily regret, but certainly a loss that they would feel (a la Trippier times ten) and I don't see the club getting a readymade replacement anywhere near as good, I don't think you should be chewed out for your opinion. I think it's something that really depends on your view of the club's medium-term trajectory: if Spurs are going to be back in the ascendancy next season, I definitely wouldn't sell him, but if the current level is a more accurate representation of the future, the net gain from selling him might be greater for all parties.
Wow, fantastic reply even though in your heart you 'disagree' with my sentiment you've taken the time to consider it and participate in civil discourse. Had to check the URL to see where I was...but then I saw two craven, drive-by 'disagrees' and realized I was at TFC.

It is something to consider though most won't like it. I wouldn't want to see him in any other kit either but there are serious reasons to consider it. And though many mindlessly repeat the "club is bigger than any player" mantra their 'principles' will be tested with this one.

But for the record I would be inclined to seriously investigate this one this summer.

The club have proven time and again that they either will not reinvest from player sales or they will not do it very well. Or they'll do it half arsed and save most of it.
Don't even entertain the idea of using a Kane sale to push us forward.

The club have proven time and again that they either will not reinvest from player sales or they will not do it very well. Or they'll do it half arsed and save most of it.
Don't even entertain the idea of using a Kane sale to push us forward.
Don't know what you mean, we did SUCH a good job with the Bale money.......................
:mourpointlaugh:

Wouldn't be surprised if he wants a new challenge. Doubt he sees Mourinho as the guy to turn everything around, with Kane turning 27 soon.

Don't forget, Kane pretty much got JM sacked from Chelsea in that 5-3 game, was all over for Jose at that point

Wouldn't be surprised if he wants a new challenge. Doubt he sees Mourinho as the guy to turn everything around, with Kane turning 27 soon.

Don't forget, Kane pretty much got JM sacked from Chelsea in that 5-3 game, was all over for Jose at that point

I know it's done in jest but I couldn't help myself....

Tottenham 5-3 Chelsea 1/1/2015

Mourinho titles since- Premier League (14/15) League Cup (14/15), League Cup (16/17), Europa League (16/17) 😉

Back
Top Bottom