Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully Kane stays but I can understand if he wants to go elsewhere he is 27. The injuries have been a problem but take away that, he is our only out and out proven world class player and has come up through our ranks.

It would really hurt to see him go. Yes we have Son, Lo Celso and Ndombele if can ever get himself fit but all the same it would be a blow.

And if he did go for say £150m we’d then have to trust the club to spend wisely to rebuild and we are already rebuilding the squad as it is.

I don't give a shit about this specific article; it's not the first one and it won't be the last, but I am surprised that we managed to keep him this long (honestly, I thought he would have gone on the summer after the World cup).

He is our most important player, maybe the only current one I would give the state of legend to, and the last I would like to see going.
I also think that he cares about Spurs well beyond what is expected from a player.

If he will leave, I just hope it will be for a lot of money and I hope we will do what the dippers did with Coutinho or Suarez

(Same goes for Son, apart maybe the state of legend)

see I don’t get this? We’re a regular CL team? We pay him huge wage, apart from city there’s no club that can GUARANTEE trophies we’ve as much of a chance as anyone else

don’t fall for this mythical media bs that to win trophies he has to move on! To where? United- won nothing last season.. it’s nonsense

He's gone next summer if we don't ein anything. Just like Suarez was with Liverpool, leaving at 28.

Only difference I can see is that Kane seems very record and family oriented.

I feel like he wants to beat Shearers record. (and Greaves') - if he leaves, I sadly see it being to one of City or United.

I feel like he wants to beat Shearers record. (and Greaves') - if he leaves, I sadly see it being to one of City or United.

I know this might not mean much in this time and age, but if he's truly Spurs, he'll never go to those teams. I'd go even further to say that he wouldn't leave full stop, but that would be a fallacy I guess.

We cannot sell him this summer, it would destroy everything, I think we can persuade him to stay for one more year and if we can’t win anything in a full Mourinho season then it’s acceptable to sell him to Real Madrid.

The squad is in such a mess already, selling him this summer would make it impossible to get the team ready to challenge. With a year to prepare for his possible departure we might be able to handle it.

I think this is the most likely scenario. A lot of pressure on mourinho to deliver something.

And I don’t think any spurs supporter could begrudge Harry Kane a chance to win the biggest trophies.

I know this might not mean much in this time and age, but if he's truly Spurs, he'll never go to those teams. I'd go even further to say that he wouldn't leave full stop, but that would be a fallacy I guess.

I feel the same and it's what separates him from the likes of Walker, Berbatov, Keane etc who wanted that pay day and trophies.

I mean sure, Kane wants what he wants and that's trophies and we'll continue to pay him handsomely. But I feel like he WANTS trophies here whereas the others wanted trophies but didn't neccessarily care where they got them and fuck we gave Berba and Keane a trophy

see I don’t get this? We’re a regular CL team? We pay him huge wage, apart from city there’s no club that can GUARANTEE trophies we’ve as much of a chance as anyone else

don’t fall for this mythical media bs that to win trophies he has to move on! To where? United- won nothing last season.. it’s nonsense

I think that if a club like RM or City really wants him, they would pour all the money needed to convince him (and even more, Levy) to go.
Having said that, I cannot ignore that he is different from most players, and Totti Totti is right when he says that he is very family and record (but also very much Spurs) oriented . (To be honest, I cannot see him living outside UK)

I just wouldn't be surprised to see him go at some point, especially if Levy wants to buy a few new players

Probably the interest from some big club will also depend on his real or perceived tendency to injuries

Of course, I hope it won't happen, I hope he will be what Gerrard or Totti have been to their clubs

Is he actually injury prone compared to your average top level football?

Makes me laugh..... See Aguero injury record posted a few pages back.... His probs go back years and no-one bangs on about him being past it or needing to be sold..... Kane is one of the best strikers of his generation, any replacement will be a downgrade.

"We should sell Kane" is just example 4531256 of modern football playstation twatism.

Last edited:
He's definitely not leaving this summer, if he leaves it will be in 2 years when his contract is getting shorter. We have 2 years to establish ourselves as a team capable of winning top honours. If we don't win anything of note in that time then he deserves to get some trophies somewhere else.

Ahhh the annual “Kane’s going to leave” article. It’s a bit early this year, Thought they would at least wait until he was playing again.

:ledley:
Whilst you are right that it comes up every year,he is at that age where players tend to make career changing moves.I hope he doesn't(obviously), but a player of his quality is going to want more than goal scoring records to look back on imho.
Unless he signs for some very unpalatable team, he will be one of my all time favourite Spurs players.

I think he’s genuinely Spurs and will finish his career with us

He said he is loyal to Spurs himself over the years. There’s no way Kane would just leave over 1 bad season without giving JM a chance to remedy this squad. Complete overreactions....

He said he is loyal to Spurs himself over the years. There’s no way Kane would just leave over 1 bad season without giving JM a chance to remedy this squad. Complete overreactions....

People can't resist a good worry bomb tho....

Winner: Matt Law

Back
Top Bottom