Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Besides the stadium is on ultra longterm repayment terms.... Why no faux drama about clubs like WH and chavs that owe their own owners an absolute fortune? ...Or the likes of United and Arse who's owners milk them like a cow?

....Or pretty much every other EPL team; who's basic month to month financial operations are more precariously balanced than ours.

Expect a shit load more United-friendly shit stirring now they have their new media tickling czar in place....

It makes you realise how poor the media is these days, constantly banging the drum on £600m debt, debt we don’t pay back (interest excepted) for decades, it’s like none of them research anything they write. Yes we will have issues like many clubs with player wages but the £600m debt is fake news click bait.

It’s like looking at a person and saying they are going bankrupt tomorrow with a £300k mortgage like they have to pay it all back tomorrow and not over 30 years.

In you’re opinion maybe mate, but the vast majority of us Spurs fans know he is a great and he will remain a great if he leaves. He has Ronaldo like stats in the best league in the world , so how in the hell can you claim he’s not one of the best? If Harry Kane leaves, it will be the end of Spurs as a club because we will fall so hard and I don’t think we will ever come back up from it. The fallout from not only just Kane leaving, but other players like Sonny etc will be massive. Will be the biggest mistake the club can ever do if they sell Harry.

In my opinion of course.

Let's get it straight on Kane. I think the bloke is mustard but he is not the player, at least in terms of physical presence and threat that he was 30 months ago. Nowhere near although the enforced break may yield sonething different.

Stats are misleading to a degree. Kane is no Ronaldo. Pure and simple. Let's not have that debate because one is an all-time Great and the other nowhere near.

On Kane's value to us I agree in as much as the club stupidly and without defence have failed to have adequate cover or challenge

But the club is bigger than anyone, be that Kane, Levy or Pochettino.

The Argentine was fantastic for us but unless you win something, be that player or manager, it becomes easier to think move on.

Kane ain't going nowhere yet but neither is he this wonder player because they always make a difference. It's why I will always maintain that in the biggest of our games I would always have preferred a Drogba to Kane.

Last edited:
Besides the stadium is on ultra longterm repayment terms.... Why no faux drama about clubs like WH and chavs that owe their own owners an absolute fortune? ...Or the likes of United and Arse who's owners milk them like a cow?

....Or pretty much every other EPL team; who's basic month to month financial operations are more precariously balanced than ours.

Expect a shit load more United-friendly shit stirring now they have their new media tickling czar in place....

Who is the new media guy/gal?

Edit......I see it's Neil Ashton

Why can’t Kane be here for the rest of his playing career? If the club actually showed a bit of ambition for once and proved it would match Harry’s thirst for trophies by buying top class players to improve us like a top club competing in the CL should, then Harry wouldn’t need to move. Harry is looking at moving clearly because the club harbour no ambition to move forward. We have proved already that selling Bale for massive money did nothing. You keep you’re top players and improve upon them by adding quality. That’s how the vast majority of clubs are successful mate. Spurs will drop like an avalanche If we sell Harry I tell you that now. As for Eriksen, I wasn’t to fussed. Harry Kane I would be livid if we sold.

You misunderstood... I'm posing a question about life beyond Kane (be that sold or retired) and how we deal with it.

100%.

I think Kane has been elevated to God status by Pochettino and that whilst his brilliance and contribution cannot be underestimated, nobody should forget the players around him who contributed to him becoming the player he is.

If stories like this, fill papers at the current time and deflect the minds from this near imprisonment then frankly it's a good thing.

I think it will be some time before any club forks out 200 million pounds for anyone let alone a bloke who has a 2 month injury lay off every year.

Kane is very good but he is not and never will be a Great and certainly won't be if he leaves.
Kane will
Never be a great? :mourfacepalm:

Does anybody actually believe anyone let alone Utd with there owners are going to shell out 200m for a player that hasn't played since new year, you won't see any club spend silly money for the next 12 months at least

In my opinion of course.

Let's get it straight on Kane. I think the bloke is mustard but he us not the player, at least in terms of physical presence and threat that he was 30 months ago. Nowhere near although the enforced break may yield sonething different.

Stats are misleading to a degree. Kane is no Ronaldo. Pure and simple. Let's not gave that debate because one is an allz-time Great and the other nowhere near.

On Kabe's value to us I agree in as much as the club stupidly and without defence have failed to have adequate cover or challenge

But the club is bigger than anyone, be that Kane, Levy or Pochettino.

The Argentine was fantastic for us but unless you win something, be that player or manager, it becomes easier to think move on.

Kane ain't going nowhere yet but neither is he this wonder player because they always make a difference. It's why I will always maintain that in the biggest of our games I would always have preferred a Drogba to Kane.
Drogba over Kane??? You sir are a cunt

I see people are already in denial and trying to justify selling one of the best players we’ve ever had.

Let’s face it, selling Kane would be a complete catastrophe and we wouldn’t ever be able to replace him

Why can’t Kane be here for the rest of his playing career? If the club actually showed a bit of ambition for once and proved it would match Harry’s thirst for trophies by buying top class players to improve us like a top club competing in the CL should, then Harry wouldn’t need to move. Harry is looking at moving clearly because the club harbour no ambition to move forward. We have proved already that selling Bale for massive money did nothing. You keep you’re top players and improve upon them by adding quality. That’s how the vast majority of clubs are successful mate. Spurs will drop like an avalanche If we sell Harry I tell you that now. As for Eriksen, I wasn’t to fussed. Harry Kane I would be livid if we sold.

As wrong as Levy has been about a lot of things, he learns from his mistakes. This won’t be forgotten.

Does anybody actually believe anyone let alone Utd with there owners are going to shell out 200m for a player that hasn't played since new year, you won't see any club spend silly money for the next 12 months at least
Its click bait pure and simple. The sun has its reporters on twitter begging people to buy its paper now you have extrodinary transfer gossip. When the market to all extent and purposes is dead until the world can figure out what the fuck to do. Safely ignore.

Its click bait pure and simple. The sun has its reporters on twitter begging people to buy its paper now you have extrodinary transfer gossip. When the market to all extent and purposes is dead until the world can figure out what the fuck to do. Safely ignore.

I wanna be sick!

I see people are already in denial and trying to justify selling one of the best players we’ve ever had.

Let’s face it, selling Kane would be a complete catastrophe and we wouldn’t ever be able to replace him
I’m a man of a certain age..nearly 55..Iv seen many great strikers at Tottenham,I go back to Chivers time! Harry Kane is the best Iv ever seen + I include Klinsmann + Lineker in that! He’s got everything + scores goals for fun.Yes he has injury probs but we are a better team when he plays.

I don’t like...

mail12.jpg

It’s the Daily Heil. As credible as dog shit.

Re "HK is injury prone" narrative:

Worth remembering this was the first significant injury that wasn't brought about by being hacked down by a player in some way.

Wheelchair he ain't.

Drogba over Kane??? You sir are a cunt

Firstly the name calling is wholly unnecessary. It is a message board for us to state opinion and share differences. No need to be insulting.

I stand by what I said. I have not said Kane was a lesser striker but in games of the highest importance Drogba nearly always turmed up and produced. That is the difference I am talking about and if you cannot understand that or separate it from your nepotism then that is fine.

Re "HK is injury prone" narrative:

Worth remembering this was the first significant injury that wasn't brought about by being hacked down by a player in some way.

Wheelchair he ain't.
He is
Firstly the name calling is wholly unnecessary. It is a message board for us to state opinion and share differences. No need to be insulting.

I stand by what I said. I have not said Kane was a lesser striker but in games of the highest importance Drogba nearly always turmed up and produced. That is the difference I am talking about and if you cannot understand that or separate it from your nepotism then that is fine.
I get what ur saying..Drogba played in teams that knew how to win!

Drogba over Kane?
Tit

Back
Top Bottom