Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's a stretch for a player dependent on service.

.....Did Lineker make teams win?

Very few strikers, however good they are don't rely on service.

The point is clear, Drogba nearly always delivered in that key game. Very few like him and Jane as yet is not one of them.

It's the same argument for Terry or Adams over Vertonghen or Alderweireld for example but in truth even easier.

The biggest games see those with the strongest mentality prevail. That will never change.

It is why had Gascoigne stated on the pitch in that infamous final that we would have won. It's why Berbatov took us to League Cup glory against Drogba. The Bulgarian, moody fvukef that he was could deliver and did on that day. Kane has had 2/3 chances at the very biggest and most crucial of times for us and not done it yet.

And I say yet because if Mourinho still has it in him he might get it out of Kane.

Last edited:
Said it before and I’ll say it again. I don’t want him to leave but it would be hard to turn down 200m. If we used it to buy Haaland or Dybala and a couple of defenders it would be great business.

Said it before and I’ll say it again. I don’t want him to leave but it would be hard to turn down 200m. If we used it to buy Haaland or Dybala and a couple of defenders it would be great business.

Yep, Haaland and Dybala both on their way now.

Leave Dortmund and Juventus to join Spurs and replace one of their best ever goalscorers

11 days late.

Last edited:
Does anybody actually believe anyone let alone Utd with there owners are going to shell out 200m for a player that hasn't played since new year, you won't see any club spend silly money for the next 12 months at least

United will, they are loaded no matter the virus crisis. They paid 85 mill for Maguire so they no doubt can stretch to 200 mill for Kane.

Very few strikers, however good they are don't rely on service.

The point is clear, Drogba nearly always delivered in that key game. Very few like him and Jane as yet is not one of them.

You don't trade in "clear" NABS. Sloganeering & Yoda-isms; yes but clarity not so much.

Certain positions put you in a position to "make things happen"; others don't.

It's the same argument for Terry or Adams over Vertonghen or Alderweireld for example but in truth even easier.

U what?

You have particular big games in mind where they personally cost us or should have "made" us win?

The biggest games see those with the strongest mentality prevail. That will never change.

You're talking about a team(s) ridden with world-class talent whom were already entrenched in a culture of winning.

You don't think Kane could win things and bust out a few 'big moments' if you swap him in for Drogba at Chavs during that era? ....You're having a laugh!

We will most likely waste the 200 mill on average players. History tells us this. Also if you sell a genuinely world class player like Kane you are going to struggle to attract top talent especially when there is no CL football on offer, you don't pay high wages, football is going through a massive financial crisis, plus the very act of selling Kane shows we are a club unable to satisfy and keep our best players.

We will most likely waste the 200 mill on average players. History tells us this. Also if you sell a genuinely world class player like Kane you are going to struggle to attract top talent especially when there is no CL football on offer, you don't pay high wages, football is going through a massive financial crisis, plus the very act of selling Kane shows we are a club unable to satisfy and keep our best players.

Open question:

I know some would melt and want to burn the club down, but what would you (i.e. we) do if Kane insisted that HE wanted to leave this summer?

We'd have little choice than to get the best price possible, re-invest the money and go again.

Last edited:
United will, they are loaded no matter the virus crisis. They paid 85 mill for Maguire so they no doubt can stretch to 200 mill for Kane.
Did you not notice there is no football being played, massive doubts about when crowds will be allowed to return. No player will go for £200k this summer and wages will be a problem for all clubs and as Kane is a high earner, no one will want to even match those wages.

You don't trade in "clear" NABS. Sloganeering & Yoda-isms; yes but clarity not so much.

Certain positions put you in a position to "make things happen"; others don't.

U what?

You have particular big games in mind where they personally cost us or should have "made" us win?

You're talking about a team(s) ridden with world-class talent whom were already entrenched in a culture of winning.

You don't think Kane could win things and bust out a few 'big moments' if you swap him in for Drogba at Chavs during that era? ....You're having a laugh!

No laughter.

Kane is not as good as Drogba in the biggest of games.

Chelsea were battered in the CL final. His sheer presence won that game.

And yes, season of Leicester for Vertonghen, Kane and Alderweireld. Both games. Win those and we would have won the title.

In such matches and in such occasions.

Drogba, the man who scored over 15 goals for Chelsea in the PL only 2 times out of the 9 season he played with them, is a better play than Kane who has scored 4 consecutive seasons of 20+ goals for Spurs.

But hurr durr he scored some goals in some finals and they won silverware all thanks to him durr hurr.

Open question:

I know some would melt and want to burn the club down, but would you (i.e. we) do if Kane insisted that HE wanted to leave this summer?

We'd have little choice than to get the best price possible, re-invest the money and go again.

I've said all along that I wouldn't be surprised if he now wanted to leave. The old project under Poch is over, we ended up potless despite all the effort, now it's going to take a huge rebuild to get to that level and I can understand him not wanting to wait around for another 3 or 4 years before we are in a position to genuinely challenge

Still I'd prefer the club to show him through clever investment in new players that it's worth him staying one more year. Bring in some experienced players ready to perform, hope that Jose can mould a team quickly, and who knows we might get lucky

If that plan fails to impress him and he still wants to leave then I'd very reluctantly have to accept it. However id prefer selling him to Man City. Utd can fuck off.

Kane is definitely a big game player.

I think the bigger problem is that alot of fans seem to base a players performances in certain games on their last performance in said games.

Spurs in general have been pretty poor against all clubs (especially the big ones) for a while now, which hinders Kanes performances too (even though he still manages to have a hand in our best moments against bigger clubs)

No laughter.

If you're denying the rhetoric of the question I asked then you undoubtedly are.

Kane also actually has strings to his bow that would (and has) allowed him to directly influence game-play beyond that of a box-striker like Drogba.

Given the way we've played; you think replacing Kane with Drogba during Poch's peak we'd have become multiple trophy winners? I don't....

Kane is not as good as Drogba in the biggest of games.

...And you're acting like Kane hasn't grabbed games by the bollocks for us.

Chelsea were battered in the CL final. His sheer presence won that game.

Or perhaps the collective resolve of a team used to big occasions weathered a storm and won a smash and grab by a penalty.

And yes, season of Leicester for Vertonghen, Kane and Alderweireld. Both games. Win those and we would have won the title.

They each individually cost us?

Bearing in mind the away game was 2 weeks into the season, it's awfully disingenuous (and hindsight at it's purest) to describe that as a big game in the first place.

Look....

You spent our peak years under Poch harbouring penis envy for United and/or Mourinho.... Grass is 'always' greener for you..... How about appreciate what you have whilst you have it.

If everyone in our squad was of the calibre that Kane is we'd be strolling it every week.

I've said all along that I wouldn't be surprised if he now wanted to leave. The old project under Poch is over, we ended up potless despite all the effort, now it's going to take a huge rebuild to get to that level and I can understand him not wanting to wait around for another 3 or 4 years before we are in a position to genuinely challenge

Still I'd prefer the club to show him through clever investment in new players that it's worth him staying one more year. Bring in some experienced players ready to perform, hope that Jose can mould a team quickly, and who knows we might get lucky

If that plan fails to impress him and he still wants to leave then I'd very reluctantly have to accept it. However id prefer selling him to Man City. Utd can fuck off.

So the peripheral nature of 9/10ths of your reply aside; you concur.

Back
Top Bottom