Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

kane.jpg
This is brilliant, my phone's wallpaper now! :adesalute:

I continue to have trouble understanding the value of the loan system for youngsters. It works on occasion (Pritchard comes to mind) but a lot of times it seems like it is just throwing a young kid into an unfamiliar situation playing less technical football than they are used to. Look at the success that Bentaleb, Mason, and Kane have had just playing in the first team. Kane and Mason both had some rough loans as well. Even Tommy Carroll has never reached the same level of success he had in AVB's first season when he was playing semi-regularly at Spurs as a sub and in cups.

For me, especially with technical players, we need to use the loan system in a more discerning fashion. We've seen that these youth players have the ability to break into our team especially in regards to technical ability. Maybe it is easier for defenders who need to embrace the more physical aspect of the game (Caulker did well) but IMO it seems counterproductive in many cases.

You are oversimplifying it.

Sure, a lot of loans are ill chosen (Tom Carroll to Derby, wtf), but different young players need different challenges.

Actually the loan system works extremely well in Italy, Spain, Germany and Holland, so we should rather ask ourselves why Spurs loans seem to have a modest hitrate of succes.

You are oversimplifying it.

Sure, a lot of loans are ill chosen (Tom Carroll to Derby, wtf), but different young players need different challenges.

Actually the loan system works extremely well in Italy, Spain, Germany and Holland, so we should rather ask ourselves why Spurs loans seem to have a modest hitrate of succes.

Agree with this in many ways. Players at Spurs just seem to be thrown at any club that will take them. Townsend went to 9 different clubs on loan, often 2 a year in lower leagues. The most he played was 22 games for Leyton Orient, 5 years ago. Is this really that useful..?

The youth Bale look-alike player (I can't remember his name) had his loan spell cancelled after a few months because they just wouldn't start him. We send youth players to the wrong teams, that don't play them and can destroy a players confidence.

If England had B teams, like in Spain, it would be far easier to develop youth players and blood them into the first team. As it is, there's a huge gap between U21's and first team and the only solution seems to be loans.

They were fools, much like the people who said Andros would never make it here. The pacy ones always have a chance because it's largely an inherent trait. Kane has a decent touch, but he's very much lacking in pace at a point where he should be about at his peak.

What has pace got to do with anything, some of the best strikers in Premier League history weren't quick. Sheringham, Ferdinand, Shearer, Bergkamp and Cantona just to name a few.

The loans don't work for everyone. Andros had looked the nearly finished product for a couple years before getting to QPR and showed an obvious exponential trajectory of improvement every time he featured. IMO, Kane shows every time when he comes on that he simply doesn't have the necessary tools, regardless of his youth.

Not at all, Townsend never looked like he was going to make it at Spurs until he came back his season, even at QPR last year he was a big fish in a small pond. Every single cameo that Kane has made this season has been more and more encouraging. His touch is fantastic, he's strong, a good finisher and a very intelligent player, not everything is about pace.

Such a shame that that melter Cahspur closed his account. Would love to hear what he had to say about Kane now.

Big shout out to Harry for proving me and BushHillSpurs BushHillSpurs right.

Such a shame that that melter Cahspur closed his account. Would love to hear what he had to say about Kane now.

Big shout out to Harry for proving me and BushHillSpurs BushHillSpurs right.
:llorisserious:

I feel left out
Anyone watch him against Hull or Monaco? Against Hull he showed how good he can be. Against Monaco he showed some real flashes of brilliance. I've also seen him a few times in our youth team and he impressed me a lot, was definitely one of our better players.

People saying he has a poor first touch really make me laugh. It's so untrue I can't take it seriously, he has an uncanny ability to take the ball out of the air exactly how he wants it.

No-one seems to believe me on this but I reckon this kid is going to be our first choice striker within the next 2 years. From what I've seen of them I think the only other player coming through our ranks that'll be better is Pritchard. I know this will upset the Tom Carroll lovers and don't misunderstand me, I think him and Andros will be starters but these two I think will be pushing world class. Kane has a really powerful shot, his decision making is incredibly intelligent, he's really good in the air and his touch is class. I really don't get why people don't rate him. I think last night proved all this. Anyway, just reviving this old thread.

Pritchard 22 this season. You still think he'll be "world class"?
Shh. No-one needs to see that part of my post :levyeyes:

Seriously though he's looked very good on loan at every club he's been too. My only worry now though is he might be at best a stand out player at lower league clubs. He's skillful, good with deadballs, great shot and is an alright passer. The problem is I'm scared for him to find out how well he'll deal with the physical aspects of the higher leagues because that's what will be the deciding fact I feel.

To be fair he has improved beyond recognition since then. We're all going to get it wrong now and then - especially if we're calling it at the time.

Can't say he was bad last season though, his movement has always looked clever, scored a few goals as well.

Back
Top Bottom