Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane has played 737 minutes in all comps this season. We have ten players who have played more than that in just the league. I think he's going to be alright.

Kane has played 737 minutes in all comps this season. We have ten players who have played more than that in just the league. I think he's going to be alright.

Agreed rest him when he is tired, injured or out of form, if he is not that then he must play as him and Eriksen are our best out field players IMO.

Those comments were contextually right at the time so the revisionism is slightly
odd, imv

I'm sure everyone is happy to be proven wrong on Harry - what a great little player he's turning out to be for us
He looked very poor from the off, but his improvement have been staggering.

He looked very poor from the off, but his improvement have been staggering.

When you say very poor do you mean last season, I thought he was our best forward in the last couple of games last year very smart in his play. Main difference this year is the power and speed has significantly improved, Just seems to have moved up a level, it wasn't like he was shit then fairy dust made him good.

He may not have looked amazing at the beginning but Harry is an example of how ridiculous it is to write off a player when they are 19 or 20 because they struggle immediately when they get to the highest level.

The jump up to the first team is a pretty substantial one and naturally a player is going to be scared, overexcited, etc at the beginning. Plus, at that age your body is still developing and you can see that Harry has put on a decent amount more muscle since he originally came to relevance in the team.

Ultimately, the ages of 17-22 are massive for development in every facet of life and the same is true of football. Plenty of players will come up and look like shit and not make it here but there are others who can really take advantage of that development period. It isn't the greatest idea to talk in absolute terms about a younger player. Kane clearly is a massively hard worker and made it by significant self-improvement.

He may not have looked amazing at the beginning but Harry is an example of how ridiculous it is to write off a player when they are 19 or 20 because they struggle immediately when they get to the highest level.

The jump up to the first team is a pretty substantial one and naturally a player is going to be scared, overexcited, etc at the beginning. Plus, at that age your body is still developing and you can see that Harry has put on a decent amount more muscle since he originally came to relevance in the team.

Ultimately, the ages of 17-22 are massive for development in every facet of life and the same is true of football. Plenty of players will come up and look like shit and not make it here but there are others who can really take advantage of that development period. It isn't the greatest idea to talk in absolute terms about a younger player. Kane clearly is a massively hard worker and made it by significant self-improvement.

Yeh look at Mason and Bentaleb as well people taking the piss out of them at first, it's why we need to be patience with the likes of Winks, Carrol and Pritchard as I said to ArcSpace. You can have an amazingly talented youth player then crush the guy when he doesn't instantly step up to the top level.

When you say very poor do you mean last season, I thought he was our best forward in the last couple of games last year very smart in his play. Main difference this year is the power and speed has significantly improved, Just seems to have moved up a level, it wasn't like he was shit then fairy dust made him good.

He has indeed moved up a level. Or two.

My biggest problem was never his raw potential, I mean he has a good football brain, that was clear. However he also has a high point of gravity and just looked so very, very clumsy all the time, strugling in tight areas. Fair enough.

As you say he has gained much power, he looks so much stronger on the ball and that will be very useful for him later on. I am not sure I agree he is quick, he is just not scared of trying to use his pace.

TBH his development, in particular such as fitness and strenght is a bit of a kick in the teeth to many teammates, who still look unable to put on some proper muscle and harden TF up.

He has indeed moved up a level. Or two.

My biggest problem was never his raw potential, I mean he has a good football brain, that was clear. However he also has a high point of gravity and just looked so very, very clumsy all the time, strugling in tight areas. Fair enough.

As you say he has gained much power, he looks so much stronger on the ball and that will be very useful for him later on. I am not sure I agree he is quick, he is just not scared of trying to use his pace.

TBH his development, in particular such as fitness and strenght is a bit of a kick in the teeth to many teammates, who still look unable to put on some proper muscle and harden TF up.

Seems like the Bale tactic, burn hard in the gym to get the highest level of fitness and strength, your right he isn't very quick like Bale but he is now not slow and he seems able to run at a good speed with the ball. Hopefully his desire and work ethic and that of some of our other youth players rubs off on everyone else.

his style of running with the ball when he sees space in front of him is very bale-eque. obviously not at the same speed but that run on sunday from near the half way line where he took on about 3 players but ended up in a tame shot reminded me of bale at jogging pace

Noticed that Football Manager has Kane down as an Woolwich fan...

Are sports interactive trolling, or is he? BushHillSpurs BushHillSpurs ?

This article suggests he's a lifelong spurs fan

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...r-pitching-starting-spot-White-Hart-Lane.html

'Most of my family were Spurs fans and I grew up 15 minutes from the ground, so I was always going to be a Spurs fan,' said Kane, born in Walthamstow, east London, in 1993 - a year when Terry Venables left White Hart Lane and Ossie Ardiles returned.

'It's good to have that connection. I wasn't the sort who had posters on my wall but I liked to collect stickers. I had sticker books and magazines. Teddy Sheringham was my hero. I was able to meet him a few years ago and got to know him a bit.

'We played golf together and he gave me some good advice. Like me, he grew up around the area and he was a Tottenham fan. And he played for Millwall, where I had a good time on loan. So we talked about that'

Noticed that Football Manager has Kane down as an Woolwich fan...

Are sports interactive trolling, or is he? BushHillSpurs BushHillSpurs ?

This article suggests he's a lifelong spurs fan

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...r-pitching-starting-spot-White-Hart-Lane.html

'Most of my family were Spurs fans and I grew up 15 minutes from the ground, so I was always going to be a Spurs fan,' said Kane, born in Walthamstow, east London, in 1993 - a year when Terry Venables left White Hart Lane and Ossie Ardiles returned.

'It's good to have that connection. I wasn't the sort who had posters on my wall but I liked to collect stickers. I had sticker books and magazines. Teddy Sheringham was my hero. I was able to meet him a few years ago and got to know him a bit.

'We played golf together and he gave me some good advice. Like me, he grew up around the area and he was a Tottenham fan. And he played for Millwall, where I had a good time on loan. So we talked about that'

They are known to be quite trolly when it comes to players favourite clubs.

CJJ CJJ Majority of his family (close) is actually Woolwich sadly!
And do you know what I've never actually asked him who he supports. I'd rather not always talk about football. I'll talk a bit more over Xmas though.

I get the feeling he's not daft enough to say anything but Spurs, tbh!

Makes you wonder if FM is a load of bollocks, or some telling than real life!

Be funny to tell him what FM says and see how he reacts :adegrin:

Coming on really well. I don't think we should get carried away, still young and needs to be looked after.
He's not really quick but gathers momentum on the move with his size and strength, gets him away from defenders well.
Great eye for goal.

I think he's quicker than he looks. A tall gangly bloke is never going to look as fast as a midget like Lennon though as his legs are twice the length

CJJ CJJ Majority of his family (close) is actually Woolwich sadly!
And do you know what I've never actually asked him who he supports. I'd rather not always talk about football. I'll talk a bit more over Xmas though.

Don't burn bridges or anything. If he's been dating your cousin for a while the last thing you want is for him to think of you as the guy he has to deal with once a year.

What you do is wait for his wedding, get really fucking drunk and ask his other team mates!

Man that's made me feel old!! ...as if tonight wasn't going badly enough already!

Back
Top Bottom