Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

Erstwhile Comrades,

I’ve had time to gather my thoughts. The players’ tribune piece I read earlier today took me by surprise. It was the first time i’d read something like that. I had to do a double take. But now i’ve had ample opportunity to digest ‘Harry Kane’s’ article in the context of our time and place.

I am fucken appalled. Indeed, more disgusted than I was when I posted all those lines that originally offended you.

His hundredth goal should have been a glorious moment for the young man, his family, his team mates, and his supporters. Instead, the absolute fucken idiotcunt (that’s right, one word) has tarnished the occasion by allowing this rancid prose to circulate under his name. To what end? So he can look like a pathetic wankstain in eternal longing for a father figure? What was the point in any of this shit?

Kane has at once destroyed his legacy with this self-serving walk down clichélane. Fuck him and fuck you all for buying into it. He’s a fuckhead cunt now in this post-players’ tribune world. Where was the self-respect?

Kane’s prepared in advance self-indulgence is the least Tottenham thing i’ve ever seen. His changing room speech, his article, and his fucken pseudo wonder at a pair of 100 Nike boots are nothing more than his grandiose farewell parade.

Enjoy Madrid, Harry, and take these gullible idiotcunts with you.

SV

Are you feeling okay?!

Erstwhile Comrades,

I’ve had time to gather my thoughts. The players’ tribune piece I read earlier today took me by surprise. It was the first time i’d read something like that. I had to do a double take. But now i’ve had ample opportunity to digest ‘Harry Kane’s’ article in the context of our time and place.

I am fucken appalled. Indeed, more disgusted than I was when I posted all those lines that originally offended you.

His hundredth goal should have been a glorious moment for the young man, his family, his team mates, and his supporters. Instead, the absolute fucken idiotcunt (that’s right, one word) has tarnished the occasion by allowing this rancid prose to circulate under his name. To what end? So he can look like a pathetic wankstain in eternal longing for a father figure? What was the point in any of this shit?

Kane has at once destroyed his legacy with this self-serving walk down clichélane. Fuck him and fuck you all for buying into it. He’s a fuckhead cunt now in this post-players’ tribune world. Where was the self-respect?

Kane’s prepared in advance self-indulgence is the least Tottenham thing i’ve ever seen. His changing room speech, his article, and his fucken pseudo wonder at a pair of 100 Nike boots are nothing more than his grandiose farewell parade.

SV
Ya talkin shite hen.

Erstwhile Comrades,

SV

So you’re on the fence?

Erstwhile Comrades,

SV
I don't fully disagree with you. I think you've gone over the top, but that's fine. I liked reading about the childhood and loan spell struggle. But I would have much rathered him saving this kind of sentimental stuff for when we win a trophy or he becomes an actual Spurs all time record holder (total goals, league goals, cup goals, appearances, European goals- the latter not far off at all).

I guess there are internet fans to keep happy and boots to be sold.

Erstwhile Comrades,

SV
You're nothing short of a forum treasure. May you never change.:ossie:

Oh Vince what’s happened to you? Would you have the same tirade had John McGinn penned a similar ode to his 100th appearance for Hibs? “Thanks Da for inspirin me ta makin it to 100 SPL appearances”.

Also loved that Harry Kane piece, yes it schmaltzy but it connects on so many levels to all Spurs fans. This is a player who never looked like making it, becoming one of the best strikers in the PL. He came through our youth ranks and where so many expensive flops have failed he just keeps getting better and better. We all hope he lifts trophies for us!

Oh Vince what’s happened to you? Would you have the same tirade had John McGinn penned a similar ode to his 100th appearance for Hibs? “Thanks Da for inspirin me ta makin it to 100 SPL appearances”.

Also loved that Harry Kane piece, yes it schmaltzy but it connects on so many levels to all Spurs fans. This is a player who never looked like making it, becoming one of the best strikers in the PL. He came through our youth ranks and where so many expensive flops have failed he just keeps getting better and better. We all hope he lifts trophies for us!
Fair enough, Colonel. Fair enough. I’ve said my piece

Back
Top Bottom