Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great to see one of our 'own' making strides

When was the last time Utd, Chelsea or Shitty's academies produced a solid young player?
tumblr_na3h9oKRlH1r28rf0o2_500.gif

What I like about Kane is that he is far more than a goal poacher, you could play him 10 times and if he scores no goals still justify playing him because he might set-up 10 goals instead. He goes both long and comes deep trying to link up play, is intelligent with his movement and passing, strong enough to be a target man as well so we can play him either as a support striker or front man, he gives us options and he seems to be hungry and driven as well.

Reminds me of Sheringham a lot.

Hmmm, that's slightly debatle - he was also part of Villa's set up
at about 12. City always had a good academy but obviously now they don't have much use for it. Richards, Ireland, Michael Johnson (shame what happened to him) came through their ranks too.

PERSISTENCE PAYS DIVIDEND FOR HARRY
Posted by Tottenham Hotspur on 22 August 2014 - 10:10

It was a case of try, try and try again for the young striker who had forced the Moroccan goalkeeper into a number of fine saves before finally rifling into the top corner for the clincher in the 79th minute.

Roberto Soldado equalised Adrian Sardinero’s 14th-minute opener in the 74th minute with substitute Erik Lamela claiming both assists.

“It always feels good to score,” said Harry.

“The keeper played well, made some great saves but as a striker you have to keep going and keep believing the next chance will be the goal.

“It was the fourth of fifth chance and eventually I put it in the back of the net and that’s what counts.

“I thought AEL were good, they were tough opponents. They had some good individual players but played as a team as well. We had to be patient but we knew if we kept moving the ball the chances would come.

“We came away with a win and that’s what we came here to do.”

Persistence pays dividend for Harry 22 August 2014 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com

at about 12. City always had a good academy but obviously now they don't have much use for it. Richards, Ireland, Michael Johnson (shame what happened to him) came through their ranks too.
Ok - so that's one player 5-6 years ago

I still think that the number of young players coming through is laughable for some of the top teams (including us to a large degree)

I have high hopes for Kane, hes shown that he is a good finisher.. He assisted in the West Ham goal and scored an absolute cracker of a goal against Limassol. He can go round players, shoot from distance, hes tall and only 21.
But he just doesnt look like a footballer!
Why dont we have any smileys for Kane
:memeokay:

The day we start with Kane is the day Spurs stops competing for top 4. He is good and gives his 110% but hes no top striker. Hes the dzeko of city. Good sub, promissing, but he cant be our nr1.... I still want a striker.

he's still only 21 you dozy prat and he's showing a real knack for scoring and creating goals in the top flight

So how exactly is it bad to start with a striker doing that

if the bloke was Brazilian the hype machine would be in full effect and last time I checked Dzeko was a starter at shity

I have high hopes for Kane, hes shown that he is a good finisher.. He assisted in the West Ham goal and scored an absolute cracker of a goal against Limassol. He can go round players, shoot from distance, hes tall and only 21.
This isn't aimed at you Reedy, but I find it funny that loads of people on the forum are like, oh yeah, Kane is decent, could be a future star, etc. but I remember not that long ago around the time he went on loan to Norwich and peeps were all saying how he was never gonna make it, Etc. Kane has always had the ability, I seem to remember his scoring shit loads in our development squad, was always just the question for me of whether he was going to work hard to take that step up or get all comfortable on the cash as a young man and blow his chance. He's clearly very keen and hard working as it turns out and Poch seems to realise what he's got. After Lamella, Kane is who I'm most looking forward tow arching this season.

Definitely need some smileys!

Because he has a face like a potato...
Harry+Kane+SL+Benfica+v+Tottenham+Hotspur+z9OxuFVJnDkl.jpg

he's still only 21 you dozy prat and he's showing a real knack for scoring and creating goals in the top flight

So how exactly is it bad to start with a striker doing that

if the bloke was Brazilian the hype machine would be in full effect and last time I checked Dzeko was a starter at shity
I didnt say hes bad and that he shouldn't start ever you dozy prat but i dont think hes the player we should use for an entire season, including europe.

This isn't aimed at you Reedy, but I find it funny that loads of people on the forum are like, oh yeah, Kane is decent, could be a future star, etc. but I remember not that long ago around the time he went on loan to Norwich and peeps were all saying how he was never gonna make it, Etc. Kane has always had the ability, I seem to remember his scoring shit loads in our development squad, was always just the question for me of whether he was going to work hard to take that step up or get all comfortable on the cash as a young man and blow his chance. He's clearly very keen and hard working as it turns out and Poch seems to realise what he's got. After Lamella, Kane is who I'm most looking forward tow arching this season.

Definitely need some smileys!
In fairness though if we were good at spotting young talent we'd be scouts/youth coaches. I personally really started to believe in Kane after the Monaco friendly last year after watching a few youth games prior to that too. (I'm just saying this because it's pretty much the only football thing I've been right about over the years so I need to do much bragging!).

Seriously though when the professionals are regularly getting it wrong and either keeping bad players on or letting good ones go what kind of chance do we have getting it right?

Back
Top Bottom