Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Much nicer!

On the point of someone like payet instead of lamela.
Have we room for 1 flair player with that x-factor who doesn't run, run, run?
Aren't the other 9 outfield players pressing all the time enough to carry him?
Would that give us that extra spark & creativity?
or would our whole pressing system collapse & fall apart with 1 gifted passenger?
It's not exactly working for WHU having him in the team is it? Only Hull have conceded more goals than them and 14 teams have scored more than them! What has been his contribution to the team this season? With his so called world class creativity shouldn't they have scored more?

He looks great on MOTD because it's a highlight show, "we" get to see the highlight, a last minute equaliser against shite oppo. Watch for 90mins, if you can stay awake for that long whilst watching the hammers that is, and all is laid bare to see. For 89 mins he does fuck all.

To watch Lamela press the oppo for 93mins is admirable and is part of our identity, the reason why we are 1 point off top spot and the reason why we were the only team left in the race last year (obviously not the sole reason but using his name as brought up by others as some who they would swap him with). Loose Lamela and swap with Payet and we lose our identity for a high press, is that what people want? Eriksen, whilst not as aggressive as Lamela also puts in a massive shift for a player in his position, often with the highest distance covered than anyone on our team.

Wouldn't want Payet anywhere near our squad, he would suck the oxygen out of the room but most importantly he will single handedly change the entire philosophy of what makes us so good. He would be a burden. May be this season he will just turn into the player that he was prior to last year, the one that absolutely no-one had ever heard of even though he was 28yrs old.

He is a show pony.

Ballon d'or shortlist:

Sergio Aguero (Manchester City), Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Borussia Dortmund), Gareth Bale (Real Madrid), Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City), Paulo Dybala (Juventus), Diego Godin (Atletico Madrid), Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid), Gonzalo Higuain (Juventus).

Harsh Kane hasn't made it?
On the flip side my Utd mates aren't enjoying the fact that Dave Saves missed out but Hugo made it.

On this thread, what's the up to date news on his likely return? Is it before Woolwich?

Trying to cast my mind back to his goals over the last couple of seasons.

Did he make a lot of his own luck, or was he well supplied with chances by others? Can't help thinking he created a lot for himself, so the lack of attacking creativity we seem to be struggling with isn't new, if that were the case.

Did he make a lot of his own luck, or was he well supplied with chances by others? Can't help thinking he created a lot for himself, so the lack of attacking creativity we seem to be struggling with isn't new, if that were the case.

A third of his goals were penalties I believe. A lot of the others were really nice balls played through Alli or Lamela. His movement is some of the best I've seen.

Poch's first season he made the majority of them for himself, from nowhere. I think that's when he started to like dropping back, as it was the only way he was getting the ball.

Last season he had Alli to supply him, but still had a lot of goals where he had to put himself where everyone else's poor shots/passes were going.

You're a pathological liar and a stupid one to boot. If you think through balls are the Eriksen assist against Liverpool and Dele assist against the scum, you're thick as a castle wall

When did I say they were THROUGH balls. You fucking brain dead moron. Now fuck off.

There seems to be quite a few who believe that when Harrys back everything will be rosey. Thats a lot of pressure on one player, especially a player who's form wasn't top notch before his injury.
We love him, he's our talisman, so i'm hoping we cut him enough slack to come back and gradually find his form rather than expecting him to start banging in goals straight away and be the cure for all the teams ills.

There seems to be quite a few who believe that when Harrys back everything will be rosey. Thats a lot of pressure on one player, especially a player who's form wasn't top notch before his injury.
We love him, he's our talisman, so i'm hoping we cut him enough slack to come back and gradually find his form rather than expecting him to start banging in goals straight away and be the cure for all the teams ills.

He's our only true world class outfield player when it comes to attacking. Of course we HOPE everything will all rosey. Of course, it rarely is when a player is back from injury but it'll be a relief when he is back because we've missed his overall play.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom