Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it's futile to compare players across different positions, looking at strikers etc. Kane is right up there with the best of them imo

Not sure for me Lloris is good but his distribution lets him down. I'd say we have one world class player and that guy is injured with a bad knee.

Yes I guess the best way is to stick to 1 position.
I reckon toby is the best CB in the premiership
& lloris in the top 2.
So I put them in the world class bracket.
But you are right, lloris kicking game is pretty average.

Yes I guess the best way is to stick to 1 position.
I reckon toby is the best CB in the premiership
& lloris in the top 2.
So I put them in the world class bracket.
But you are right, lloris kicking game is pretty average.
I always thought "world class" meant "top 5 in the world at their position". By that measure it's fair to say that Lloris is world class (De Gea, Neuer, Oblak, and Buffon are the only keepers better than him imo). It's tougher for Alderweireld, but I think he's arguably in the top 5 too.

Didn't his first PL goal come against Sunderland, under Dimbo? :kaneshh::sherwoodwtf:

article-2599453-1CEAA18A00000578-599_634x443.jpg

I remember when he got injured the amount of posts stating it probably was a blessing in disguise loool.
Have you actually watched Kane play this season? And in France for England? He needed a rest, that much was clear. It obviously sucks for us, because Janssen hasn't stepped up in Kane's absence, but it's definately better for Kane and probably for us as well in the long run, since the way Kane was playing wasn't exactly helping us either.

Gareth Southgate can fuck off if he thinks he's taking Harry on international duty.

Would be absolutely ridiculous if he does that. He has plenty of fit striker options to select, leave Kane at home. Similarly with Martinez and Alderweireld btw.

Have you actually watched Kane play this season? And in France for England? He needed a rest, that much was clear. It obviously sucks for us, because Janssen hasn't stepped up in Kane's absence, but it's definately better for Kane and probably for us as well in the long run, since the way Kane was playing wasn't exactly helping us either.

Would be absolutely ridiculous if he does that. He has plenty of fit striker options to select, leave Kane at home. Similarly with Martinez and Alderweireld btw.
Toby hasn't been selected. Dembele has though which bodes well for Sunday

No its not better for us in the long run that Kane was injured and out for a prolonged period. Did i watch him play? he scored in the game he got injured right?

Janssen has at least one motm performance, and haven't played regularly. I'd say he's done more than fine. The problem is that the midfield, especially the AMs have failed.

No its not better for us in the long run that Kane was injured and out for a prolonged period. Did i watch him play? he scored in the game he got injured right?
Oh yeah sorry, my mistake. Kane was playing phenomenally well and scoring a sh!tload of goals for us. No surprise really, with Kane ending up top-scorer during the European Championship and leading England to victory.

Janssen has at least one motm performance, and haven't played regularly. I'd say he's done more than fine. The problem is that the midfield, especially the AMs have failed.
He really needs to start scoring though, also I don't think you can say he hasn't played regularly. Janssen is actually the only player in our team who has featured in every match.

He really needs to start scoring though, also I don't think you can say he hasn't played regularly. Janssen is actually the only player in our team who has featured in every match.

35, 90, 63, 18, 4, 85, 1, 90, 29, 90. Yes, he's played played in every game, but not had a run of starts in the team. But I agree, he needs to score, he's had his chances, and he needs to start to take them. But he's the new guy in the team. The three guys behind him should've taken more responsibility - they've all underperformed.

And, I do think Janssen has done more to get the others into scoring opportunities than Kane does when he's not in his best form, as in the early parts of this (and last) season.

Back
Top Bottom