Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

5 more names on Monday.... Oooooh they're REALLY dragging this one out!

I can only assume that Kane is amongst those 5..
If he isn't, then REALLY... what's he gotta do? ...Apart from get a better publicity agent...!!

I was gonna say that maybe his 'less than Film Star looks' were holding him back... Until Albert Steptoe got the nod!

On current form no.

Alli gets more goals and assists than Pogba from attacking mid.

Son gets more goals and assists than Payet from left wing.

And both contribute more defensively.
100% This. Payet right now is a liability, his lack of defensive contribution, which is zero, has resulted directly in two of their losses this season. If he continues in this form he will relegate them on his own. He would not get in our team because of this.

100% This. Payet right now is a liability, his lack of defensive contribution, which is zero, has resulted directly in two of their losses this season. If he continues in this form he will relegate them on his own. He would not get in our team because of this.

Payet has single handedly made sure West Ham aren't in the relegation zone with the 4 points he's won them though.

Pogba and Payet wouldn't get into our team? :pochwtf:
Pogba isn't even delivering on being a 40m player, let alone the world record signing. Maybe some of that is due to just adjusting to the league, but Alli is a very similar sort of player, just seemingly better in all respects expect for media hype.

Laughable business. Mourinho just handing rope to his would-be assassins.

Payet has single handedly made sure West Ham aren't in the relegation zone with the 4 points he's won them though.
Cuts both ways, defensively he offers nothing, his errors have resulted in at least 2 goals in two different games. One thing is for sure he would never make our team because of it, wouldn't even get on the bench. For him to flourish in a team the rest have to accommodate him and give him a free roll with no defensive responsibilities. He is good for fantasy football scores not much else. Personally I'd pick Chadli ahead of him (scores more too).

Cuts both ways, defensively he offers nothing, his errors have resulted in at least 2 goals in two different games. One thing is for sure he would never make our team because of it, wouldn't even get on the bench. For him to flourish in a team the rest have to accommodate him and give him a free roll with no defensive responsibilities. He is good for fantasy football scores not much else. Personally I'd pick Chadli ahead of him (scores more too).

I think he's better than the majority of our attacking players - but like you said that doesn't mean he'd get in our team. I've said it before, we have ALOT of 7/10 players or worse but as a team we're very much 9/10 - because the players work well as a team and we rely less on individual brilliance.

Yeah it's a fair point that they wouldn't be ideal for Poch's system so I get why you would say they wouldn't get in our team. As individual players however, they are undoubtedly class. Pogba is playing pretty shite right now, but it's a whole shitshow at Man U anyway.

Ballon d'or shortlist:

Sergio Aguero (Manchester City), Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Borussia Dortmund), Gareth Bale (Real Madrid), Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City), Paulo Dybala (Juventus), Diego Godin (Atletico Madrid), Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid), Gonzalo Higuain (Juventus).

Harsh Kane hasn't made it?
Could probably make an argument for Vardy getting a nomination...
:harrysmile:

Edit: was scrolling through the thread and posted that before reading...

so Kane is not up for a Ballon d'Or nomination.

Jamie Vardy is however.
That's fair. He was absolutely key in the most astonishing league win for quite some time (think how many one-goal margins they won by) and got that consecutive goal record as the cherry on top.

Don't quite know how Kane is not in it. I don't care either as a Tottenham fan or a neutral. However, I would like to know why. No problem with Vardy being in it, he deserves it for sure.

I disagree Jamie.
And with you scotty.

Isn''t that nicer than the x?
Much nicer!

On the point of someone like payet instead of lamela.
Have we room for 1 flair player with that x-factor who doesn't run, run, run?
Aren't the other 9 outfield players pressing all the time enough to carry him?
Would that give us that extra spark & creativity?
or would our whole pressing system collapse & fall apart with 1 gifted passenger?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom