Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

article-2584630-1C6D88E800000578-214_634x728.jpg

http://www.theguardian.com/football...ustin-qpr-delighted-harry-kane-scored-england
The fact that Austin has been talked about for a possible England call-up is testament to just how far he has come. Playing for his country, Austin says, is his next goal and there is not the slightest trace of bitterness that Kane got a chance ahead of him in the recent internationals and made such an impact, scoring 79 seconds after coming on against Lithuania.

“I saw the first goal, missed the next two and then flicked it on in the second half. I thought: ‘He must come on now.’ And do you know what, I was genuinely delighted he scored,” Austin says. “[Daniel] Sturridge, if he’s fit, has to be called up, the same with Rooney and [Danny] Welbeck, so there is one slot. And one slot in my eyes – and this is not me trying to win sympathy – is Harry Kane. How could you not pick him?

“I’m having a hell of a season, yeah, great. But the guy has scored 29 goals. Eden Hazard has had a great season, don’t get me wrong, but I voted for Harry Kane to win Young Player of the Year and the main award. I don’t think we can not give it to him. He’s been the outstanding player.”

Fair play. Seems like a likable guy.

Footballing wizard kane comes from a long line of harry's potters

B1dHjc0IQAAlFUR.jpg

England star Harry Kane could easily have been Harry Potter according to his family tree.

The striker came from a long line of potters with humble beginnings.

Three generations on the footballer’s mother’s side spent almost a century in the industry.

The first potter was his fifth great-grandfather William Hogg, born in the late 1700s. His skills were passed on to grandson Henry in the 1800s in North London, not far from where Harry, 21, plays for Spurs.

Sorcery: Harry Kane has a shot at goal

Website Ancestry.co.uk also found Harry’s second great-grandad James Thompson drove a horse and cart for a carpet-beating firm. And fourth great-grandfather Thomas Coombs was a floorcloth maker.

The site’s Miriam Silverman said: “It is refreshing to see an England star with such humble origins as Harry.”

Footballing wizard kane comes from a long line of harry's potters

B1dHjc0IQAAlFUR.jpg

England star Harry Kane could easily have been Harry Potter according to his family tree.

The striker came from a long line of potters with humble beginnings.

Three generations on the footballer’s mother’s side spent almost a century in the industry.

The first potter was his fifth great-grandfather William Hogg, born in the late 1700s. His skills were passed on to grandson Henry in the 1800s in North London, not far from where Harry, 21, plays for Spurs.

Sorcery: Harry Kane has a shot at goal

Website Ancestry.co.uk also found Harry’s second great-grandad James Thompson drove a horse and cart for a carpet-beating firm. And fourth great-grandfather Thomas Coombs was a floorcloth maker.

The site’s Miriam Silverman said: “It is refreshing to see an England star with such humble origins as Harry.”
Now I desperately want to see a Harry Kane episode of 'Who Do You Think You Are?', though they've spoiled half of it.

Would still be great to see his blank expression reading through endless church registries and looking at photos of his great grandfather with the exact same haircut.
Every generation of Kane, male and female, would have his face.

I'm picturing this...

This season really does belong to Kane. He has been a breath of fresh air, not just for ourselves but I think the PL in general. He has no airs nor graces; he celebrates not with some stupid celebration but with the look of a fella who is living beyond his wildest dreams.

For him to join the likes of Lineker, Greaves and Smith is quite unreal. Personal accolades will probably come his way but I suspect that for both himself and Pochettino, this season has to be the beginning of a long and successful career, not an anomaly of a year which will leave people scratching their heads in years to come.

Well done, Harry Kane - 30 goals is incredible.

Can I just saw it was the television shot on the season when Kane scored yesterday. Showed a wide shot of him celebrating with the Newcastle fans flooding out of their seats and into the tunnels. I wish I had a gif of that.

Back
Top Bottom