Gareth Bale Appreciation Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bale exclusive: I could return to Spurs one day

Gareth Bale has offered a glimmer of hope to Tottenham fans, by suggesting he may one day return to White Hart Lane.

In an exclusive interview with BT Sport’s Jake Humphrey, Real Madrid’s world-record signing said he hoped Spurs supporters could understand why he chose to leave.

“The fans have been unbelievable with me,” Bale said. “They’ve supported me through the bad times and believed in me and I’ll never forget the great European nights at White Hart Lane. They were amazing.

“Tottenham will always have a place in my heart. I hope the fans still love me even though I’ve moved on. I hope they understand that obviously Real Madrid is a massive, massive club and that they respect my decision.

“From the moment Real Madrid put the offer in it was obviously difficult. [Tottenham] was somewhere I felt so comfortable and so happy - it was difficult to leave but when Real Madrid come in it’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

“I love all the Tottenham fans and hopefully one day, you never know, I could be back.”

FFS. I just got over you :bale2:

Last edited:
Bale was brilliant but will soon be forgotten. Players like Lampard, Gerrard and Goggs will be seen as legends at thier respective clubs because they have stayed true to their shirt. Bale should have stayed - simple. He will soon discover defeners in Spain are not as shit as here. At least now the whole world have heard of Tottenham Hotspur because of the Bale transfer to RM.
These are club legends. None of them are fit to lick Bale's boots as footballers, but they are legends for their clubs. No matter how good he was for us in his short time, he will never be legend in my eyes.

I wish he stayed , i know all this we support a club and not a player sounds good but in the end its the players that make us go insane when they produce a bit of magic and that boy sure had some impressive tricks in his sleeve. Cant want him to do well , if your ex leaves you for a glam rich more sucessfull other bloke but parts with nice words and gives you the downpayment on your house ... You d wish her all the best ? Not me, id be bitter and gloating if the gold digging tramp fell flat on her face

But i admire the people that have a more positive reaction to this kind of situations, though

Bale's a CUNT.

the whole once in a lifetime shit is bollocks and rubs me the wrong way

you can just hear his scummy agent and that old cunt face bastard perez telling him that

bitter. YES, fuck him

If one of you played at Norwich for 6 season as a young player and then Spurs went in for you. Spurs sign you, you sure as hell are going to kiss that badge. I have no idea if Bale for Real is us for spurs, but I can't blame the guy for kissing a badge he says is his dream. I don't care where I played before, if I had the chance to go to spurs id put the other sides behind.

Gareth Bale has offered a glimmer of hope to Tottenham fans, by suggesting he may one day return to White Hart Lane.

In an exclusive interview with BT Sport’s Jake Humphrey, Real Madrid’s world-record signing said he hoped Spurs supporters could understand why he chose to leave.

“The fans have been unbelievable with me,” Bale said. “They’ve supported me through the bad times and believed in me and I’ll never forget the great European nights at White Hart Lane. They were amazing.

“Tottenham will always have a place in my heart. I hope the fans still love me even though I’ve moved on. I hope they understand that obviously Real Madrid is a massive, massive club and that they respect my decision.

“From the moment Real Madrid put the offer in it was obviously difficult. [Tottenham] was somewhere I felt so comfortable and so happy - it was difficult to leave but when Real Madrid come in it’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

“I love all the Tottenham fans and hopefully one day, you never know, I could be back.”

Don't want you back you mug!!

Cheeky January bid :levystare:

Bale was brilliant but will soon be forgotten. Players like Lampard, Gerrard and Goggs will be seen as legends at thier respective clubs because they have stayed true to their shirt. Bale should have stayed - simple. He will soon discover defeners in Spain are not as shit as here. At least now the whole world have heard of Tottenham Hotspur because of the Bale transfer to RM.
I disagree. He has the chance to play head-to-head against Barcelona now, alongside one of the best players of all-time in Cristiano Ronaldo. I obviously would have liked for him to stay at Spurs and build something big, but when teams like Real Madrid and Barcelona come knocking with 80,000+ people in the stadium every week, a fantastic team, great weather and a shit load of money - it's hard to say no.

Not enough British footballers and coaches move abroad to experience what Continental football culture is like. They should do it while they have the chance rather than regretting it in the future. So many ex-players regret not playing in Europe. Good luck to Bale...

I disagree. He has the chance to play head-to-head against Barcelona now, alongside one of the best players of all-time in Cristiano Ronaldo. I obviously would have liked for him to stay at Spurs and build something big, but when teams like Real Madrid and Barcelona come knocking with 80,000+ people in the stadium every week, a fantastic team, great weather and a shit load of money - it's hard to say no.

Not enough British footballers and coaches move abroad to experience what Continental football culture is like. They should do it while they have the chance rather than regretting it in the future. So many ex-players regret not playing in Europe. Good luck to Bale...
David Beckham has been quoted in saying that he regrets leaving Man Utd. I haven't got a problem with players chasing thier dreams abroad . Bales gone too early. I also wish him well. This is not a anti Bale comment.

David Beckham has been quoted in saying that he regrets leaving Man Utd. I haven't got a problem with players chasing thier dreams abroad . Bales gone too early. I also wish him well. This is not a anti Bale comment.
Has he gone too early though? He could have five years in Madrid and come back to England in the prime of his career as a 29 year old veteran. I think it's all about circumstances, and when you consider the squad Madrid have and where they are trying to go, he will be involved in some classic matches over the next few seasons against Barca.

It's finally over (thank God!), but to finalize the grieving process I've felt it's best to commemorate his time at the lane with this thread.

My personal favorite moment (in a very well made video, too):

Best of luck in Real, but I'm afraid I can never root for that shitstain of a team.

Been going to the Lane since and he is the best player I have ever seen in a Spurs shirt. Thanks for the good times Garath, I hope you turn out to be the best player in the world.

Last edited:
Has he gone too early though? He could have five years in Madrid and come back to England in the prime of his career as a 29 year old veteran. I think it's all about circumstances, and when you consider the squad Madrid have and where they are trying to go, he will be involved in some classic matches over the next few seasons against Barca.

Will he achieve anything abroad? - playing two big games a season in the sun is not my Ideal. If you want to play against big clubs join Utd of Chelscum they have achieved more than RM over the years. Playing Bacca he could do that in the CL. Culture/sun and money is no reason to go abroad (he is just 24). He has been misadvised. AVB got the best from him, lets see what happens to him at RM.

Will he achieve anything abroad? - playing two big games a season in the sun is not my Ideal. If you want to play against big clubs join Utd of Chelscum they have achieved more than RM over the years. Playing Bacca he could do that in the CL. Culture/sun and money is no reason to go abroad (he is just 24). He has been misadvised. AVB got the best from him, lets see what happens to him at RM.
So let's see:-

1) Realistic shout at winning the CL

2) Realistic shout at winning the title as of 2013 (even if it is the Spanish league).

3) 150k a weak in wages after tax

4) CL instead of EL in the coming season, and pretty much nailed on thereafter

5) Swapping run down Tottenham for a much nicer stadium area.

6) More media interest

7) Greater sponsorship deals

8) World record transfer fee to the departing club

9) Playing alongside some of the based players in the world

10) Signing for the club he followed as a boy

In contrast, if he stayed the benefits would be.....um......that we may make the CL this year and he might be regarded as a Spurs Legend by some fans with one foot in the past.

Seriously, you're making the case that he has been badly advised for not taking the latter??:sandro:

So let's see:-

1) Realistic shout at winning the CL

2) Realistic shout at winning the title as of 2013 (even if it is the Spanish league).

3) 150k a weak in wages after tax

4) CL instead of EL in the coming season, and pretty much nailed on thereafter

5) Swapping run down Tottenham for a much nicer stadium area.

6) More media interest

7) Greater sponsorship deals

8) World record transfer fee to the departing club

9) Playing alongside some of the based players in the world

10) Signing for the club he followed as a boy

In contrast, if he stayed the benefits would be.....um......that we may make the CL this year and he might be regarded as a Spurs Legend by some fans with one foot in the past.

Seriously, you're making the case that he has been badly advised for not taking the latter??:sandro:

1) Realistic shout at winning the CL - no real acheivement doing that with a club like RM

2) Realistic shout at winning the title as of 2013 (even if it is the Spanish league). Same as point 1

3) 150k a weak in wages after tax - How much does he realistically need in the bank?

4) CL instead of EL in the coming season, and pretty much nailed on thereafter - Same as point 1

5) Swapping run down Tottenham for a much nicer stadium area. - I doubt they pop out for Tapas on the the high road

6) More media interest - Seemed to be doing alright on that front.

7) Greater sponsorship deals Same as point 3

8) World record transfer fee to the departing club - Whoop de doo Basil

9) Playing alongside some of the based players in the world - No reason he couldnt have done that here and with a sense of acheivement

10) Signing for the club he followed as a boy - Bullshit

1) Realistic shout at winning the CL - no real acheivement doing that with a club like RM
Tell that to a player who has a winner's medal and one who doesn't and see who agrees with you

2) Realistic shout at winning the title as of 2013 (even if it is the Spanish league). Same as point 1
As is my response.

3) 150k a weak in wages after tax - How much does he realistically need in the bank?
What a stupid remark. As has often been pointed out footballers can only really earn that money util their mid thirties. Why not maximise return so that himself, his family and future generations of Bales don't ever have to worry about money? Yeah, I agree. Damn stupid thing to do. :roflmao:

4) CL instead of EL in the coming season, and pretty much nailed on thereafter - Same as point 1
Again, tell that to a player who has never set football in a CL match and see if he agrees with you.

5) Swapping run down Tottenham for a much nicer stadium area. - I doubt they pop out for Tapas on the the high road
Still a nicer area, nicer stadium and seats double what we can.

6) More media interest - Seemed to be doing alright on that front.
So he should settle for "doing all right" if he can swap it for "doing amazingly well"?

7) Greater sponsorship deals Same as point 3
As is my response

8) World record transfer fee to the departing club - Whoop de doo Basil
So if his form had dipped this season you'd be happy to see him go in a year or two for £30m?

9) Playing alongside some of the based players in the world - No reason he couldnt have done that here and with a sense of acheivement
Sorry, but when did we sign the best players in the world? I know Defoe scores a few goals, but he's not Pele. :king:
10) Signing for the club he followed as a boy - Bullshit
How do you know? Followed him around as a child? There are pictures of him in the top as a kid. This is in contrast to your purely speculative hope that it is somehow "bullshit" because you can't handle the fact that we weren't his top priority.

The vast majority of the best players in the world aspire to play for the best clubs on the best wages with the best talent beside them. It's only the fans too wrapped up in their own emotional attachment to their clubs that can't see this very obvious fact staring them in the face.

Back
Top Bottom