Franco "Watermelon Bollocks" Baldini

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Keep hearing people calling for his head (i think Thelonious Thelonious did on the podcast too) but with the veil of secrecy at the club... none of us actually know what his job involves. Theres got to be more to it than transfers or he'd only work about 20 days a year.

And it can't be that he's solely responsible for bringing players in... or we wouldn't have a scouting network.

Keep hearing people calling for his head (i think Thelonious Thelonious did on the podcast too) but with the veil of secrecy at the club... none of us actually know what his job involves. Theres got to be more to it than transfers or he'd only work about 20 days a year.

And it can't be that he's solely responsible for bringing players in... or we wouldn't have a scouting network.

That's always been the strangest thing about ENIC's years at Tottenham. We have so many people, with so many different bullshit titles like technical director, regular director, scout, coach, board member, financial blah blah, chairman etc. that it's impossible to know who is responsible for anything. We don't even really know exactly how involved Levy or Lewis is. We're like the Brits and Americans during the Cold War trying to figure out how the fucking Kremlin worked.

That's always been the strangest thing about ENIC's years at Tottenham. We have so many people, with so many different bullshit titles like technical director, regular director, scout, coach, board member, financial blah blah, chairman etc. that it's impossible to know who is responsible for anything. We don't even really know exactly how involved Levy or Lewis is. We're like the Brits and Americans during the Cold War trying to figure out how the fucking Kremlin worked.
Huge lack of communication leads to confusion and misdirected anger.
Baldini.. the managers... they're just figureheads for a system. At the minute, Tottenham is a sort of "just trust us we know what we're doing" type of operation... its just that sadly... we're quickly losing any trust we have.

It's imperative we know whether the manager requests certain signings, if not then I don't see how the DOF role can be anything other than undermining to the manager.

His role (in my view) revolves primarily around finding great value in the market - fitting our transfer model while addressing key areas in the squad Poch has identified prior - i.e. Modric, Berbatov, Bale, etc. - all recruited through a DoF system to great success. Yes, there were misses but hopefully Levy's learned his lesson

Back
Top Bottom