Franco "Watermelon Bollocks" Baldini

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

the article is a complete pile of shit.

Castles is normally alright isnt he?
I tend to read his articles with a little less 'pinch of salt'.

As it happens I dont mind Baldini. I think most (if not all) of his buys will have a much bigger impact next season. I was also very impressed with the way he got deals done, our achilles heel over recent years.

Now that we have Broomfield back doing the scouting I would hope our targetting and aquiring of players will be much much better than ever.

Patience with Sherwood? That read to me as wait until the end of the season before the inevitable, again, not bad advice.

I tend to read his articles with a little less 'pinch of salt'.

As it happens I dont mind Baldini. I think most (if not all) of his buys will have a much bigger impact next season. I was also very impressed with the way he got deals done, our achilles heel over recent years.

Now that we have Broomfield back doing the scouting I would hope our targetting and aquiring of players will be much much better than ever.

Patience with Sherwood? That read to me as wait until the end of the season before the inevitable, again, not bad advice.
The rest of the article beyond the first paragraph didn't load so presumed that was all of it. I still don't think AVB was "sacked", mutual agreement IMO. Our squad isn't terrible, only needs a couple of additions.

If I'm right (and I am not sure I am) he is very close with AVB, so he was a good jurno to follow for a while. Unless he has a developed a new link to Spurs or has ties there with someone else then the accuracy of what he reports is as questionable as that of any other jurno.

Is it just me or have we heard absolutely nothing about baldini this summer other than one rumour he was at Napoli trying to agree the sale of Sandro. No pics of him on the tour yet he's our director of football. No mention of his involvement in the Davies and Vorm transfers.

Very strange

Is it just me or have we heard absolutely nothing about baldini this summer other than one rumour he was at Napoli trying to agree the sale of Sandro. No pics of him on the tour yet he's our director of football. No mention of his involvement in the Davies and Vorm transfers.

Very strange

Maybe we were trying to sell Baldini to Napoli?
:townhmm:

article-2161294-13ACC717000005DC-894_634x349.jpg

"Over the course of 2013/2014 many Spurs fans questioned the role of Franco Baldini, the technical director at White Hart Lane.

Was the experienced Italian responsible for the seven players brought in to replace Gareth Bale and their (in the main) poor performances for Tottenham last season?

Whether Baldini had been working in conjunction with then-manager Andre Villas-Boas is also somewhat up for debate.

Again, after another summer transfer window, Franco Baldini appears to be under pressure – essentially for not completing a deal for a striker to beef up Mauricio Pochettino’s squad.

Dave Kidd of The People reports that “Franco Baldini’s future as Tottenham’s technical director is under increasing scrutiny after the club failed to land a front-line striker during the transfer window.”

Kidd claimed on two separate occasions during August that Tottenham would sign Welbeck from Manchester United and now suggests that the failure to bring in the England striker could cost Baldini.

He adds: “Spurs were confident of signing Danny Welbeck on deadline-day morning, only for Woolwich to hijack the move and complete a £16 million permanent deal with Manchester United for the England forward. And while Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino is seen as an ally of Baldini – with the Italian having favoured the Argentinian to take over from Tim Sherwood – the head coach is believed to be less than happy with the club’s summer business.”

There appears to be cracks between the Spurs hierarchy and Pochettino over the worth of attacking midfielders such as Aaron Lennon, Nacer Chadli and Andros Townsend.

Whilst Dave Kidd also claims that Pochettino is not happy with his striker options, currently Emmanuel Adebayor, Roberto Soldado and Harry Kane.

Whether the departure of Baldini would help Tottenham bring in a world class front line striker over the next few windows remains to be seen.

Meanwhile, Woolwich fans will no doubt be amused by how their signing of Danny Welbeck appears to have caused problems at White Hart Lane."
Whatever, fuck'em...

"Over the course of 2013/2014 many Spurs fans questioned the role of Franco Baldini, the technical director at White Hart Lane.

Was the experienced Italian responsible for the seven players brought in to replace Gareth Bale and their (in the main) poor performances for Tottenham last season?

Whether Baldini had been working in conjunction with then-manager Andre Villas-Boas is also somewhat up for debate.

Again, after another summer transfer window, Franco Baldini appears to be under pressure – essentially for not completing a deal for a striker to beef up Mauricio Pochettino’s squad.

Dave Kidd of The People reports that “Franco Baldini’s future as Tottenham’s technical director is under increasing scrutiny after the club failed to land a front-line striker during the transfer window.”

Kidd claimed on two separate occasions during August that Tottenham would sign Welbeck from Manchester United and now suggests that the failure to bring in the England striker could cost Baldini.

He adds: “Spurs were confident of signing Danny Welbeck on deadline-day morning, only for Woolwich to hijack the move and complete a £16 million permanent deal with Manchester United for the England forward. And while Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino is seen as an ally of Baldini – with the Italian having favoured the Argentinian to take over from Tim Sherwood – the head coach is believed to be less than happy with the club’s summer business.”

There appears to be cracks between the Spurs hierarchy and Pochettino over the worth of attacking midfielders such as Aaron Lennon, Nacer Chadli and Andros Townsend.

Whilst Dave Kidd also claims that Pochettino is not happy with his striker options, currently Emmanuel Adebayor, Roberto Soldado and Harry Kane.

Whether the departure of Baldini would help Tottenham bring in a world class front line striker over the next few windows remains to be seen.

Meanwhile, Woolwich fans will no doubt be amused by how their signing of Danny Welbeck appears to have caused problems at White Hart Lane."
Whatever, fuck'em...

Poch ain't an idiot any spurs fan can see that while we now seem to have a full complement of defensive players we are quite bare upfront and I believe it will cost us a place or two in the league, it annoys me that time and time again we go into a prem season with obvious flaws..

How is that Baldini's fault though?

I'm actually glad that we didn't go all out for that donkey...
Donkey thrilled with Woolwich move said:
It's great to be a part of this club and it's a team that I've always watched in the Premier League. I've envisaged myself playing in this team before. For it to finally happen is very exciting.

Welbecks gonna cause those cunts way more problems than us. He's shite. LOL.

I don't believe this crap to be honest. I reckon we'd have liked another striker but no point unless it's one that improves us. Imagine we sign a striker and he doesn't do that well. We then have two strikers misfiring and were then in a tricky situation in terms of getting rid.
Without CL to offer I don't think we can attract a guaranteed goal scorer. Someone better than Ade? Don't see it myself. So were better off giving game time to the players we have, including a youngster who could become great with enough game time.
Having said all that, injuries could screw us over if we are really unlucky.

I read this article as:

"Kidd claimed on *two* separate occasions during August that Tottenham would sign Welbeck from Manchester United", ergo Kidd's ITK is shit and he knows fuck all. He's spat his dummy because he's been made to look like a twat.

:soldadowatch:

Back
Top Bottom