Foreigners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you really want to see the EPL and Tottenham explode with a ton of new money then you might want to consider putting two franchises from the US in the league. If we had a team from New York and Boston for example in the EPL the US market would double/triple maybe even more than that the value of each and every franchise in England. Just saying. I know y'all would never consider it but I think you should. I know I am hoping you do.
Fine, but I can't see NY or Boston wanting to play in the Mid-Sussex Football League Division Nine. Which is where they'd have to start.

Last edited:
Fine, but I can't see NY or Boston wanting to play in the Mid-Sussex Football League Division Nine. Where is where they'd have to start.

Oh give us Yanks the bottom of the barrel shit league we don't care. We'll be thrilled to have two US teams to root for and watch them grow quickly up to the big boy EPL. The two teams would throw more money than small countries at players. It won't take long to move up.

I would never of thought it was so small a market tbf. United are definitely a massive brand in China today and naturally that's going to spread for other English teams.

My girlfriend's Chinese and makes frequent trips over there, and she says even in the urban areas (Shanghai specifically, the city featuring the club that dropped top cash to get Drogba) no one gives a shit about football. There's a recognizable number due to sheer numbers, but percentage-wise per capita there is still a massive number of people to reach out to.

Oh give us Yanks the bottom of the barrel shit league we don't care. We'll be thrilled to have two US teams to root for and watch them grow quickly up to the big boy EPL. The two teams would throw more money than small countries at players. It won't take long to move up.

You have already got the Sunderland Cowboys - Queens Park Panthers - Aston Villa Vikings - Liverpool Stealers - Man U 49ers and the Woolwich Cunts.

Don't need no mo' bro.

It's just plain 'ol not gonna happen.

If you really want to see the EPL and Tottenham explode with a ton of new money then you might want to consider putting two franchises from the US in the league. If we had a team from New York and Boston for example in the EPL the US market would double/triple maybe even more than that the value of each and every franchise in England. Just saying. I know y'all would never consider it but I think you should. I know I am hoping you do.
rofl.

Picture-38.png

1186224_10153235115325531_1974667235_n.jpg

http://e.t.qq.com/tottenhamhotspur

http://www.weibo.com/tottenhamhotspur

6pnjnm.jpg

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzExODg0NDEy.html

Mind you, that video has probably done more damage to Spurs' Chinese fanbase than the time Hoddle was captured by CCTV news cameras shouting "Lu Xun loved Japan!" in the middle of a street in Tianjin.

Last edited:
Spurs as a team gets mentioned at least twice a week in Romania due to Chiriches. They usually say 'The team of Chiriches', like he is the main man but atleast it gets coverage. Most Spurs PL games where shown on TV aswell alongside Liverpool.

You do realise that even with back to back promotions, it will take over two decades to make it to the Premiership?

surely just a matter of time before the big clubs break away and form a super league. then the lucrative teams from USA and maybe even scotland can try and get into it

surely just a matter of time before the big clubs break away and form a super league. then the lucrative teams from USA and maybe even scotland can try and get into it

Nah - people like to win, if you create a super league then Real Madrid just win every year.........how does that help Man Utd sell themselves around the world?......

It will be a long damn time before significant international leagues exist for clubs.

If the EU experiment works out then I could see it in maybe 50 years time.

i know you mean well and all, and you're a new guy trying to get involved... but honestly mate, what you've just described is footballing aids.

Back
Top Bottom