Foreigners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bsw2eZvIMAARD_3.jpg:large

We don't like them

:levystare:

Oh give us Yanks the bottom of the barrel shit league we don't care. We'll be thrilled to have two US teams to root for and watch them grow quickly up to the big boy EPL. The two teams would throw more money than small countries at players. It won't take long to move up.

You have already got the Sunderland Cowboys - Queens Park Panthers - Aston Villa Vikings - Liverpool Stealers - Man U 49ers and the Woolwich Cunts.

Don't need no mo' bro.

If you really want to see the EPL and Tottenham explode with a ton of new money then you might want to consider putting two franchises from the US in the league. If we had a team from New York and Boston for example in the EPL the US market would double/triple maybe even more than that the value of each and every franchise in England. Just saying. I know y'all would never consider it but I think you should. I know I am hoping you do.
i know you mean well and all, and you're a new guy trying to get involved... but honestly mate, what you've just described is footballing aids.

out of interest, why should we expand?

Well I'm obviously going to be biased as a foreigner myself, but first and foremost I like having a diverse culture around the club, and also of course the merchandising expansion (ideally) equates to more funds for better player acquisitions.

Tottenham Hotspur FC should always be first and foremost an English club, and always remember its identity and the people of the area it directly represents. But I feel cultural and ethnic diversity surrounding any human organization is a good thing, and especially something as humanitarian as football.

Last edited:
Americans will accept soccer like they do football and basketball when the MLS and America becomes one of or the best league and best nation in the world at the sport, which won't happen for a long long time if it ever does. As for an American team in England, time zones and distance will prevent it from ever happening, regardless of whether or not its a good idea. Even if it did, I don't think it would even be successful. As a Chicagoan, I would have more of a connection to Spurs after being a fan for just 4 years than an American team playing in Boston or New York, two places I've never even traveled to. The English would be up in arms if it happened, MLS fans and owners would complain about it, there are just so many political and geographical problems that it will prevent it from ever happening. I would be that similar reasons will prevent a European super league from forming as well.

I like hearing from American spurs fans but as far as I am concerned, American's embracing another countries sport and league should not comment on changing it. Doing so is almost disrespectful to the history of the league and the game. If you want to be an American spurs fan, embrace the history of this amazing club and English football, don't try to change it because its great how it is.

Also #goterps #feartheturtle

If you really want to see the EPL and Tottenham explode with a ton of new money then you might want to consider putting two franchises from the US in the league. If we had a team from New York and Boston for example in the EPL the US market would double/triple maybe even more than that the value of each and every franchise in England. Just saying. I know y'all would never consider it but I think you should. I know I am hoping you do.
rofl.

This is interesting considering Spurs received an award just last year for their work in social media among English clubs. I do think we need to expand a bit, so I'm glad to see this chart and hope someone at the club takes notice.

Interesting Woolwich don't make posts in French, considering how many French-speaking fans they have.
out of interest, why should we expand?

Oh give us Yanks the bottom of the barrel shit league we don't care. We'll be thrilled to have two US teams to root for and watch them grow quickly up to the big boy EPL. The two teams would throw more money than small countries at players. It won't take long to move up.

It's just plain 'ol not gonna happen.

surely just a matter of time before the big clubs break away and form a super league. then the lucrative teams from USA and maybe even scotland can try and get into it

Nah - people like to win, if you create a super league then Real Madrid just win every year.........how does that help Man Utd sell themselves around the world?......

Well I'm obviously going to be biased as a foreigner myself, but first and foremost I like having a diverse culture around the club, but also the merchandising expansion (ideally) equates to more funds for better player acquisitions.

Tottenham Hotspur FC should always be first and foremost an English club and always remember its identity and the people of the area it directly represents, but I feel cultural and ethnic diversity surrounding any human organization is a good thing, and especially something as humanitarian as football.
fair enough, i don't think you're wrong at all was just wondering why

Yeah again it's money they don't give a shit about Africa, they will continue to try US and Asia for their revenue, much better returns on dollars spent, as you say very sad though they don't acknowledge it

Yeah I wouldn't say it's quite that they "don't care," but yes the money is certainly in North America and Asia which are all the more desirable of a market to target considering the game itself is becoming more popular in these regions and many have yet to solidify concrete loyalties.

Fine, but I can't see NY or Boston wanting to play in the Mid-Sussex Football League Division Nine. Which is where they'd have to start.

Last edited:
I would never of thought it was so small a market tbf. United are definitely a massive brand in China today and naturally that's going to spread for other English teams.

My girlfriend's Chinese and makes frequent trips over there, and she says even in the urban areas (Shanghai specifically, the city featuring the club that dropped top cash to get Drogba) no one gives a shit about football. There's a recognizable number due to sheer numbers, but percentage-wise per capita there is still a massive number of people to reach out to.

Back
Top Bottom