Foreigners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bsw2eZvIMAARD_3.jpg:large

We don't like them

:levystare:

This is interesting considering Spurs received an award just last year for their work in social media among English clubs. I do think we need to expand a bit, so I'm glad to see this chart and hope someone at the club takes notice.

Interesting Woolwich don't make posts in French, considering how many French-speaking fans they have.

This is interesting considering Spurs received an award just last year for their work in social media among English clubs. I do think we need to expand a bit, so I'm glad to see this chart and hope someone at the club takes notice.

Interesting Woolwich don't make posts in French, considering how many French-speaking fans they have.
out of interest, why should we expand?

Well I'm obviously going to be biased as a foreigner myself, but first and foremost I like having a diverse culture around the club, and also of course the merchandising expansion (ideally) equates to more funds for better player acquisitions.

Tottenham Hotspur FC should always be first and foremost an English club, and always remember its identity and the people of the area it directly represents. But I feel cultural and ethnic diversity surrounding any human organization is a good thing, and especially something as humanitarian as football.

Last edited:

Well I'm obviously going to be biased as a foreigner myself, but first and foremost I like having a diverse culture around the club, but also the merchandising expansion (ideally) equates to more funds for better player acquisitions.

Tottenham Hotspur FC should always be first and foremost an English club and always remember its identity and the people of the area it directly represents, but I feel cultural and ethnic diversity surrounding any human organization is a good thing, and especially something as humanitarian as football.

Screw all the culture stuff, the main reason to expand is money! (coming from a finance/economist type)

If you had a product, say Coke, why wouldnt you tell the world about it, if we can generate more money letting the rest of the world know about spurs why wouldnt we, bring back Lee Young Pyo

Why do you think Arse have so many French speakers by the way? Henry, Wenger, Pires, Giroud, Nasri and the trillion others who have gone through the doors, they only need to post in English to sustain interest there

Well I'm obviously going to be biased as a foreigner myself, but first and foremost I like having a diverse culture around the club, but also the merchandising expansion (ideally) equates to more funds for better player acquisitions.

Tottenham Hotspur FC should always be first and foremost an English club and always remember its identity and the people of the area it directly represents, but I feel cultural and ethnic diversity surrounding any human organization is a good thing, and especially something as humanitarian as football.
fair enough, i don't think you're wrong at all was just wondering why

Screw all the culture stuff, the main reason to expand is money! (coming from a finance/economist type)

If you had a product, say Coke, why wouldnt you tell the world about it, if we can generate more money letting the rest of the world know about spurs why wouldnt we, bring back Lee Young Pyo

Why do you think Arse have so many French speakers by the way? Henry, Wenger, Pires, Giroud, Nasri and the trillion others who have gone through the doors, they only need to post in English to sustain interest there

Yeah practically I'm sure that is the case, just also explaining my own rationale for why I'd like to see the club broaden its wings a bit more.

And I'm fully aware of why Arse have so many French-speaking fans, but many of them are in Africa and don't speak much English at all. I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I've seen clips/episodes/movies from Africa and not seen someone wearing a Woolwich shirt. Must say, I'm delighted to see them not reaching out more to those folks. Their mistake.

Yeah practically I'm sure that is the case, just also explaining my own rationale for why I'd like to see the club broaden its wings a bit more.

And I'm fully aware of why Arse have so many French-speaking fans, but many of them are in Africa and don't speak much English at all. I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I've seen clips/episodes/movies from Africa and not seen someone wearing a Woolwich shirt. Must say, I'm delighted to see them not reaching out more to those folks. Their mistake.

Yeah again it's money they don't give a shit about Africa, they will continue to try US and Asia for their revenue, much better returns on dollars spent, as you say very sad though they don't acknowledge it

Yeah again it's money they don't give a shit about Africa, they will continue to try US and Asia for their revenue, much better returns on dollars spent, as you say very sad though they don't acknowledge it

Yeah I wouldn't say it's quite that they "don't care," but yes the money is certainly in North America and Asia which are all the more desirable of a market to target considering the game itself is becoming more popular in these regions and many have yet to solidify concrete loyalties.

Yeah I wouldn't say it's quite that they "don't care," but yes the money is certainly in North America and Asia which are all the more desirable of a market to target considering the game itself is becoming more popular in these regions and many have yet to solidify concrete loyalties.

If you really want to see the EPL and Tottenham explode with a ton of new money then you might want to consider putting two franchises from the US in the league. If we had a team from New York and Boston for example in the EPL the US market would double/triple maybe even more than that the value of each and every franchise in England. Just saying. I know y'all would never consider it but I think you should. I know I am hoping you do.

And i was always thought we were well known by the Chinese? Pre Season last season would indicate so.

Haha no, the game itself is still very small in China. For those even interested in sport, most of them are still into basketball primarily and baseball second. I would guess at least a billion of their people have never even heard of us, if even any of the clubs within the Premier League. A clever market to target if you ask me. There's a reason the German sides have been recruiting heavily in East Asia for close to a decade now.

If you really want to see the EPL and Tottenham explode with a ton of new money then you might want to consider putting two franchises from the US in the league. If we had a team from New York and Boston for example in the EPL the US market would double/triple maybe even more than that the value of each and every franchise in England. Just saying. I know y'all would never consider it but I think you should. I know I am hoping you do.

No chance that would ever happen for a whole slew of reasons.

Welcome btw, and for the record I'm an American myself from not far south of you (Huntsville, AL).

Haha no, the game itself is still very small in China. For those even interested in sport, most of them are still into basketball primarily and baseball second. I would guess at least a billion of their people have never even heard of us, if even any of the clubs within the Premier League. A clever market to target if you ask me. There's a reason the German sides have been recruiting heavily in East Asia for close to a decade now.

I would never of thought it was so small a market tbf. United are definitely a massive brand in China today and naturally that's going to spread for other English teams.

Back
Top Bottom