Foreigners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And stop with the Go Spurs shit, it's fucking embarrassing.

Sorry when I speak you get angry or embarrassed. Here's info for Bethlem Royal. You should check it out.

+44 20 8776 4307

Rehab 4 Addiction is a free and confidential helpline for people suffering from drug and alcohol addiction in London. Tel: 0800 140 4690 http://www.rehab4addiction.co.uk

Monks Orchard Road
Beckenham
BR3 3BX
England

Last edited by a moderator:
At the first cold shower
even the little monkey seems to want
a little coat of straw
you cunt
yes you
USSR
USA
US
U

Sweet chant!!

tumblr_m9c2a9hWhD1rbf3z8o1_500.gif

This has truly been a nasty thread and no way (hopefully) represents Tottenham fanbase's attitude towards a) new fans b) foreign fans and/or c) casual fans of the team.

No sense or advantage in bullying the new and helplessly unaware kid on the block who wants to join the gang.

This has truly been a nasty thread and no way (hopefully) represents Tottenham fanbase's attitude towards a) new fans b) foreign fans and/or c) casual fans of the team.

No sense or advantage in bullying the new and helplessly unaware kid on the block who wants to join the gang.
No problem with that, none at all. I was one of the first to welcome the guy in the 'Greetings' thread, but now he's got fellow Americans telling him to wind his neck in. People disagree with his ideas of filling up England with teams from the USA. That's not so strange really, and he's quick to insult people that initially tried to help.

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/greetings-spurs-fans.11054/page-5

Last edited:
Americans will accept soccer like they do football and basketball when the MLS and America becomes one of or the best league and best nation in the world at the sport, which won't happen for a long long time if it ever does. As for an American team in England, time zones and distance will prevent it from ever happening, regardless of whether or not its a good idea. Even if it did, I don't think it would even be successful. As a Chicagoan, I would have more of a connection to Spurs after being a fan for just 4 years than an American team playing in Boston or New York, two places I've never even traveled to. The English would be up in arms if it happened, MLS fans and owners would complain about it, there are just so many political and geographical problems that it will prevent it from ever happening. I would be that similar reasons will prevent a European super league from forming as well.

I like hearing from American spurs fans but as far as I am concerned, American's embracing another countries sport and league should not comment on changing it. Doing so is almost disrespectful to the history of the league and the game. If you want to be an American spurs fan, embrace the history of this amazing club and English football, don't try to change it because its great how it is.

Also #goterps #feartheturtle

I don't think its been that nasty. Considering it was titled foreigners, it went right as I thought it would. You're lucky Mick isn't around or you would've seen nasty.

I'm from the US, and if I brought up the idea of expanding the EPL into America, I would expect the same response.

Reasons why US teams in the English structure wouldn't work:
- It's the EPL/BPL (whatever you wish to call it), we have two teams from Wales, who are less than 20 miles from the border- not a 6+ hour flight.
- It literally makes zero sense, and I don't understand how it would generate "3x" the revenue, because as far as i'm aware Americans don't root for teams from other states. Also the revenues in the PL are already extortionate, I have to wonder just how much more money is actually needed..
- Football began as a working class game, it's far evolved from that now but even so, an away game that costs £800 before the accommodation and tickets are even included is crazy.
- American teams wouldn't be able to compete anyway, and if they were relegated how much interest would there be in Championship football from a US audience?
- Genuinely think everyone would boycott their home games against those teams.
- Just no.

Back
Top Bottom