Fiorentina vs Tottenham 2nd Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you saying that we flew too close to the sun?
I don't think most people expected us to easily beat Fiorentina. I expected us to play a half strength team and lose myself
I'm referring only to those who wrote things like "7-0 at home", or " 0-2 easily". As Spurs supporter you have always to wish the best for your team, but I found these comments as statements of vast superiority, which I have hardly seen in these legs. For you rational supporters instead, I hope you'll enjoy your young and beautiful team.

I'm referring only to those who wrote things like "7-0 at home", or " 0-2 easily". As Spurs supporter you have always to wish the best for your team, but I found these comments as statements of vast superiority, which I have hardly seen in these legs. For you rational supporters instead, I hope you'll enjoy your young and beautiful team.
I am sure that if I could read Italian I would find lots of idiotic comments on the Fiorentina forums. Don't judge us all by a few idiots. Especially as the other Italians on here have been building up some bonds, we could team up, you could be our feeder team when we get loads of money with the new TV deal
:eriksenlol:

We've been shit in the second half despite being a better team than Fiorentina. That's football; we deserved what we got and we now move on.

However to me this result (and the result of the Cup Final) cannot change this season: we are now going somewhere (although we may not get there for a few years), we got the right man and a core of decent and committed players to start building up a top side, which at times we are already. I am looking forward to the rest of the season and the following ones like I probably have never before

COYS!
After Sunday, there is only the PL to play for, bring it on.

TRIVIA:
A cosmopolitan affair
Neither side began with a player from their home country on the pitch - with Fiorentina's Micah Richards the lone Englishman to start the match. Fifteen different nationalities were represented.

. Italians love contraversy were there isn't any? a hearty disagreement is what the medico ordered.. Rubbing our noses in it without being direct using complimentry coments as stealth.
You beat us, you were the better team. Another day another result. We have a cup final to prepare for .good luck for Sunday?

Last edited:
I just cannot understand why you keep on saying Tottenham are better than Fiorentina, even if the pitch has proved that you did well only the first half of the first leg.
You did underestimate Fiorentina, being sure of an easy victory, and now you just take the pain in the ass.
History is not mare by "what ifs", you can argue about B Teams and things like that. But the truth is you have been defeated by a "shitty team" from the "shitty Italian League".
Do you remember the story of Icarus? You just fell down, back to reality.
I said all along you would beat us due to when the games were. If we played you in the Champions League knock out or something, and we were taking it 100% seriously, I don't think it would be an "easy victory" but I think we'd probably beat you.

Let's just hope that Levy finally opens his eyes (& the cheque book) to the fact that we can't compete in so many different competitions with the squad we have. There's a lot of shit to clear out, granted, but the perennial struggle to go to the next level in terms of both European & domestic competition is there for all to see. A cup on Sunday would be fantastic, & a top 4 finish is possible, so let's keep everything crossed, but the weaknesses in the squad when it is rotated cause us problem after problem

I just cannot understand why you keep on saying Tottenham are better than Fiorentina, even if the pitch has proved that you did well only the first half of the first leg.
You did underestimate Fiorentina, being sure of an easy victory, and now you just take the pain in the ass.
History is not mare by "what ifs", you can argue about B Teams and things like that. But the truth is you have been defeated by a "shitty team" from the "shitty Italian League".
Do you remember the story of Icarus? You just fell down, back to reality.

Look at your three goals in the tie and how we've approached both games with other priorities in mind.

You're through, well done and good luck.

Alright chaps. I've been in a basement all day with no internet or phone signal. I saw the result around 8pm. Felt weirdly removed from the whole thing cause I was knackered and not able to see any of it. I just got home and saw the goals. Bit of a fucking mess no? Two defensive fuckups that have 'last season's form' written all over them. How was the rest of the game?
It feels a bit like after our success against Chelsea and them that the motivation to keep getting better has taken a bit of a fucking holiday. I'd like it to get fucking deported and be back at work first thing tomorrow fucking morning please. No one has earned the right to feel like any of the job is done this season at all.
I was at the West Ham game last weekend and apart from the two goals both of which were arguably lucky we were pretty poor. We didn't work hard enough, we couldn't string three passes together and we were comprehensively outworked by a team I feel we should be able to control the game against especially at home.
I'm hoping to see a seriously motivated team on Sunday, If we win it the momentum could really push us on to some brilliant form in the league.
Fingers crossed yids.

COYS
Mitts

The stand out to me thru the whole EL programme was missed goals up front and big defensive errors at the back.
Just think back to Partizan away, we should have scored multiple goals,
We gave up a goal (Chiriches pen) right at the end of Bestikas ag WHL.
These two games would have seen us qualify top not second.
And against Fiorentina we lost the tie at WHL. Should have been a couple up, then conceded the flukey goal at the end.
With Poch we will improve, make less errors. Temporary frustration, now we can focus on the league and the cup.
Perhaps the cup is ours after this performance.

Back
Top Bottom