Federico Fazio

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't fathom why he just let the kid drift behind him.
Didn't give him enough credit, that one is on you Jan.

You may want to watch the goal again. They played it into the vast space where Rose was trotting back to fill. It was Rose daydreaming.

If you put Rose next to Fazio, his form will go down the toilet too.

It's pochs fault. He's playing with 2 wingbacks too high up the pitch. We got done down those channels again.

We need a flat back 4. Not wingbacks. Otherwise Jan will be stuck in no mans land and constantly pressured, and the Fazios, Kabouls, Jan's and Chiriches will get sent off, give away penalties adnauseum until we stop our wingbacks wandering.

If a team can stop Kane, Ade, Eriksen, Lamela, Mason, Bentaleb, Dembele, Capoue etc from dominating the midfield and stopping us from scoring then I can live with that.

What I can't fucking stand about us is how easy we are to rip apart diagonally. It really is time for Eriksen and co to step up.

And Rose and Dier to step back. Litterally. Help us defend! Jesus Christ! Haha.

You may want to watch the goal again. They played it into the vast space where Rose was trotting back to fill. It was Rose daydreaming.

It's pochs fault. He's playing with 2 wingbacks too high up the pitch. We got done down those channels again.

We need a flat back 4. Not wingbacks. Otherwise Jan will be stuck in no mans land and constantly pressured, and the Fazios, Kabouls, Jan's and Chiriches will get sent off, give away penalties adnauseum until we stop our wingbacks wandering.

If a team can stop Kane, Ade, Eriksen, Lamela, Mason, Bentaleb, Dembele, Capoue etc from dominating the midfield and stopping us from scoring then I can live with that.

What I can't fucking stand about us is how easy we are to rip apart diagonally. It really is time for Eriksen and co to step up.

CB picks up CF, well at least that's what Danny thought

CB picks up CF, well at least that's what Danny thought

Why did you leave Rose out of your putdown on Jan? He was involved right? The video proves it.

You don't allow a 1 on 1 by the way. Your quote is actually a huge no no when it comes to defending. One on one is a very dangerous situation that Rose should have read.

Why did you leave Rose out of your putdown on Jan? He was involved right? The video proves it.

You don't allow a 1 on 1 by the way. Your quote is actually a huge no no when it comes to defending. One on one is a very dangerous situation that Rose should have read.
The kids run started in front of Jan, in his view.
He dropped back, drifted behind and went between him and Rose (bad defending).
Its hardly a one on one, just that Jan should have stuck with the man and won the header easily.
Only reason I think he did what he did is probably total lack of confidence in Kaboul handling the situation himself.
I like Jan, but he has work to do.

I was waiting to see if you would actually slate Rose after this game, and this concludes it - you simply don't like the bloke and find a way to point the finger regardless.

He was one of maybe 2 players on Sunday to actually come away from that game with any respect still intact.

He was up and down, put in a few great crosses, and no, was not at fault for the second goal. Perez is playing up front, and is in the centre of the box (literally on the penalty spot) - Jan should be all over him, not Danny Rose. If you actually watch the video as a neutral, Jan is ball watching the entire time, and completely loses his man. Who's he marking? What's he doing? Nothing.

Also, the first goal cannot be attributed to "high wing backs" - it was from bloody kick off!! Did you watch Monday Night Football? They showed what our players were doing at the time Newcastle kicked off - about 5 of them were counting sheep - including Jan, including Rose, including our captain.

I was waiting to see if you would actually slate Rose after this game, and this concludes it - you simply don't like the bloke and find a way to point the finger regardless.

He was one of maybe 2 players on Sunday to actually come away from that game with any respect still intact.

He was up and down, put in a few great crosses, and no, was not at fault for the second goal. Perez is playing up front, and is in the centre of the box (literally on the penalty spot) - Jan should be all over him, not Danny Rose. If you actually watch the video as a neutral, Jan is ball watching the entire time, and completely loses his man. Who's he marking? What's he doing? Nothing.

Also, the first goal cannot be attributed to "high wing backs" - it was from bloody kick off!! Did you watch Monday Night Football? They showed what our players were doing at the time Newcastle kicked off - about 5 of them were counting sheep - including Jan, including Rose, including our captain.

Frankly that's what he always does. That is nothing new from Rose. He did a Townsend. Gets lots of camera time and never actually produces but switches off making us an easy target.

Lots of huff and puff going forward and he fails to link up and has a TERRIBLE relationship with Chadli and Eriksen.

Calling his crosses "great" pretty much sums up how dire we have been in that aspect relying on wingbacks. How are they great? They are numerous. Luck of the draw if he gets a good one.

They were bang average at best. Quantity not quality. If he's so attacking minded, why didn't we score vs one of the jokes of the prem. He had Ade, Chadli, Etijsen, Kane and Soldado...Mason...Lamela...he didn't spot a single fucking run that split defenses. Head down as always.

He was involved in the goal that lost us points.

It was a weak covering run and even weaker challenge that made thier powderpuff striker MAKE FOOLS OF US.

Soft Spurs incarnate. But do enough dribbles down the wing and you can mug fans and managers.

Newsflash: it was him glory hunting that allowed him to be so far out of position for Newcastle to beat us. Let that sink in. Is it worth Danny Rose getting 3 assists and 1 goal a season being CONSTANTLY weak and derp as fucknin defence?

Is him having a good gas tank worth keeping him in a team? Our centerbacks are basically playing with 10 men and weaklings like Eriksen and Lamela compound how soft we can be. You can't overload the team with so many non events off the ball like Rose.

I think it sums it up. I think explaining why Dsnny Rose is not a good defender in a thread of an underperforming cb who previously was our defender of the season days after we lost to the joke team of the prem at home pretty much sums up why I label these soft toothless players Tiny dancers.

Poch better watch out. Rose helped get AVB sacked with his mistakes and clowning at the back. As did Townsend and Lennon not getting enough goals and assists. If Rose bombing forward is Pochs wish, then there is no hope for him because the next step is Lennon and Townsend to give you width.

Don't get mugged off by his flashy runs down the wings. They never amount to anything over the course of a Season. We need intelligent width. Not hit and hope and running head down with random scattergun crosses frustrating our strikers.

The kids run started in front of Jan, in his view.
He dropped back, drifted behind and went between him and Rose (bad defending).
Its hardly a one on one, just that Jan should have stuck with the man and won the header easily.
Only reason I think he did what he did is probably total lack of confidence in Kaboul handling the situation himself.
I like Jan, but he has work to do.

I agree Jan was involved. I just don't know why the poster didn't mention Rose who actually made the weak challenge to the striker who embarrassed us and scored. You can see when it pauses Rose was closer than Jan was.

The cross was perfect, Roses covering not so much.

If only Rose can link up like that instead of constant hospital balls to Chadli and Eriksen.

Last edited:
Frankly that's what he always does. That is nothing new from Rose. He did a Townsend. Gets lots of camera time and never actually produces but switches off making us an easy target.

Lots of huff and puff going forward and he fails to link up and has a TERRIBLE relationship with Chadli and Eriksen.

Calling his crosses "great" pretty much sums up how dire we have been in that aspect relying on wingbacks. How are they great? They are numerous. Luck of the draw if he gets a good one.

They were bang average at best. Quantity not quality. If he's so attacking minded, why didn't we score vs one of the jokes of the prem. He had Ade, Chadli, Etijsen, Kane and Soldado...Mason...Lamela...he didn't spot a single fucking run that split defenses. Head down as always.

He was involved in the goal that lost us points.

It was a weak covering run and even weaker challenge that made thier powderpuff striker MAKE FOOLS OF US.

Soft Spurs incarnate. But do enough dribbles down the wing and you can mug fans and managers.

Newsflash: it was him glory hunting that allowed him to be so far out of position for Newcastle to beat us. Let that sink in. Is it worth Danny Rose getting 3 assists and 1 goal a season being CONSTANTLY weak and derp as fucknin defence?

Is him having a good gas tank worth keeping him in a team? Our centerbacks are basically playing with 10 men and weaklings like Eriksen and Lamela compound how soft we can be. You can't overload the team with so many non events off the ball like Rose.

I think it sums it up. I think explaining why Dsnny Rose is not a good defender in a thread of an underperforming cb who previously was our defender of the season days after we lost to the joke team of the prem at home pretty much sums up why I label these soft toothless players Tiny dancers.

Poch better watch out. Rose helped get AVB sacked with his mistakes and clowning at the back. As did Townsend and Lennon not getting enough goals and assists. If Rose bombing forward is Pochs wish, then there is no hope for him because the next step is Lennon and Townsend to give you width.

Don't get mugged off by his flashy runs down the wings. They never amount to anything over the course of a Season. We need intelligent width. Not hit and hope and running head down with random scattergun crosses frustrating our strikers.
Yup tiny dancers, Rose got AVB sacked, comparing our left back goals and assists to our wide midfield players, Rose single-handedly at fault for a goal AGAIN, even though it is blatantly obvious Vertonghen should have been marking him. Playing with 10 men!! Brilliant. Didn't spot a run that split the defence? Our players don't make those runs!! Harry Kane flashed the ball across the face of goal at the end, and no fucker was anywhere near it, they all stood off! Bloody Kane, should've known no one would commit. Useless.

Shit relationship with Chadli? Yet Rose to Chadli was the most common pass on the pitch on Sunday. Just dreadful.

I reiterate...
you simply don't like the bloke and find a way to point the finger regardless.

I agree Jan was involved. I just don't know why the poster didn't mention Rose who actually made the weak challenge to the striker who embarrassed us and scored. You can see when it pauses Rose was closer than Jan was.

The cross was perfect, Roses covering not so much.

If only Rose can link up like that instead of constant hospital balls to Chadli and Eriksen.

Post the video again. And again. And yet you still cherry pick your arguments. Danny Rose is not there to win aerial battles. All the players, defence included, will be aware of that. He is not going to beat strikers in the air. I know that. You know that. VERTONGHEN knows that.

So why does Verts ball watch and lose his man? Rose can only do so much at that point. Perez is under the ball. Rose is not 6' 6''. He cannot tower over him. Vertonghen is there to win those aerial duels. They had ONE striker on the pitch, yet neither CB picked him up.

And you blame, guess who, Danny Rose ... :lamelawtf:

So infuriating. Are you watching the same video!? JUST WATCH JAN. WATCH HIM! He isn't marking anyone. He isn't aware of what's around him. HOW can you pin that on Rose is just beyond me, and sums up your bias.

Shit relationship with Chadli? Yet Rose to Chadli was the most common pass on the pitch on Sunday. Just dreadful.

I reiterate...

You missed my "If only Rose can link up like that instead of constant hospital balls to Chadli and Eriksen."

And yes I think Rose leading the defense in mistakes that led to goals and Townsend having zero prem assists last season with Lennon not doing much better with 1 or two goals each helped AVB get sacked. Poor Soldado. Didn't stand a chance with derp buildup from Rose, Townsend and Lennon.

Here is the key: This sums up my ENTIRE stance on Rose. People said he was out best attacking option on the weekend.

He wasn't. He was only the most entertaining. HUGE difference between attacking and entertaining. That's what the tiny dancers like Rose do.

So infuriating. Are you watching the same video!? JUST WATCH JAN. WATCH HIM! He isn't marking anyone. He isn't aware of what's around him. HOW can you pin that on Rose is just beyond me, and sums up your bias.

Because Rose made the actual challenge? And was closer when the killer ball came in?

You missed my "If only Rose can link up like that instead of constant hospital balls to Chadli and Eriksen."
No I didn't. You once again didn't read a response to you.
THE.
MOST.
COMMON.
SUCCESSFUL.
PASS.

It's not that difficult to understand.

And yes I think Rose leading the defense in mistakes that led to goals and Townsend having zero prem assists last season with Lennon not doing much better with 1 or two goals each helped AVB get sacked. Poor Soldado. Didn't stand a chance with derp buildup from Rose, Townsend and Lennon.

Here is the key: This sums up my ENTIRE stance on Rose. People said he was out best attacking option on the weekend.

He wasn't. He was only the most entertaining. HUGE difference between attacking and entertaining. That's what the tiny dancers like Rose do.
I would question anyone who said he was out best attacking option. But you can't use that argument in response to me as I did not say that.

He was one of our best players on Sunday, and has been this season. You choose to ignore any good he does and focus solely on the negatives. You could do that with any player in the world. You do not offer a fair assessment of him, simply accusing him of errors yet dismissing the same mistakes made by others.

You make some very good points at times, some I agree with, but to summarise the game as though Rose cost us 3 points and everything else was fine and dandy is just devoid of any sense whatsoever.

No I didn't. You once again didn't read a response to you.

THE.
MOST.
COMMON.
SUCCESSFUL.
PASS.

It's not that difficult to understand.

Chadli had one of his worst games. Don't pretend Roses link up play was "attacking" please. Hospital balls and obvious slow buildup NOTHING of note apart from perhaps one lucky flashing pass out of so many. Like Townsend he need too many chances to create.

Chadli had one of his worst games. Don't pretend Roses link up play was "attacking" please. Hospital balls and obvious slow buildup NOTHING of note apart from perhaps one lucky flashing pass out of so many. Like Townsend he need too many chances to create.
1) They're quotation marks. Show me where I said Rose's link up play was attacking.
2) Rose attempted 43 passes. 35 of those were in the middle or final third, leaving just 8 in the defensive third. If that isn't attacking for a full back I don't know what is. He completed 35 of 43 passes, about 80%

In comparison, Dier attempted 54 passes, completing 38 (70% completion).

WHY was Jan not closer...? :paulinhofacepalm:

Rose was closer. Deal with it. Rose let someone who would probably lose in a 50/50 with Lamela beast him.

The cross beat Jan. The player beat Rose.

rosedefininlike_zps5830da52.jpg

Jan had 3 players bearing down on him. Rose had ONE to take care of. IF Jan had gone with the player, the guy who crossed it would have had an open shot at goal.

Rose was closer. Deal with it. Rose let someone who would probably lose in a 50/50 with Lamela beast him.

The cross beat Jan. The player beat Rose.

rosedefininlike_zps5830da52.jpg

Jan had 3 players bearing down on him. Rose had ONE to take care of. IF Jan had gone with the player, the guy who crossed it would have had an open shot at goal.
Right, in MNF-style, I've used a still from your video to highlight the moment Perez heads the ball.
Please explain where these 3 players are, because everyone else is marking a man, yet Rose is picking up Jan's man.

And the guy who crossed it (Cabella) had Capoue in front of him.

1) They're quotation marks. Show me where I said Rose's link up play was attacking.
2) Rose attempted 43 passes. 35 of those were in the middle or final third, leaving just 8 in the defensive third. If that isn't attacking for a full back I don't know what is. He completed 35 of 43 passes, about 80%

In comparison, Dier attempted 54 passes, completing 38 (70% completion).
:kaboul:

Back
Top Bottom