Federico Fazio

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's F, he's fantastic
He's A, he's aggressive
He's Z, he's a Zionist
He's I, impeccable
He's ooooooooooooh...

F A Z I O...............

It's all gone a bit weird...

Spanish club Sevilla really aren't taking the departure of Fazio very well. The defender had a €10m clause, Tottenham agreed to pay the €10m, Tottenham have paid the €10m, what's their problem? It seems to boil down to the fact that Sevilla don't much like Tottenham or the way they go about deals.

The bad blood between the two clubs is down to Daniel Levy and Tottenham's supposed poor behaviour toward Sevilla in the transfer market. The difficult purchase of Didier Zokora, the departure of Juande Ramos and the refusal of Spurs to sell Giovani dos Santos to Sevilla have been mentioned as reasons.

Sevilla at the weekend threatened, via local newspaper Estadio Deportivo, to go direct to FIFA should Tottenham try to rush things or Fazio refuse to train. That all looked solved. Tottenham say the deal was completed on Wednesday, Fazio has been pictured holding the shirt, he's given the regulation gushing interview and has a perma-smile.

However, the president of Sevilla Jose Castro has told the media that Fazio is still a Sevilla player and continues to have a contract with them. That's because, according to Castro, they haven't received the money yet.

He's quoted by Estadio Deportivo as saying "Today, Fazio is a Sevilla player, because he still has a contract with Sevilla and it's not rescinded... the money is deposited, but not in the coffers of the club.

"I cannot understand, but we have a legal team who will study what to do, this was neither a satisfactory or desired output. Tottenham paid the clause, but he will go when the contract is terminated."

Spanish club Sevilla really aren't taking the departure of Fazio very well. The defender had a €10m clause, Tottenham agreed to pay the €10m, Tottenham have paid the €10m, what's their problem? It seems to boil down to the fact that Sevilla don't much like Tottenham or the way they go about deals.

The bad blood between the two clubs is down to Daniel Levy and Tottenham's supposed poor behaviour toward Sevilla in the transfer market. The difficult purchase of Didier Zokora, the departure of Juande Ramos and the refusal of Spurs to sell Giovani dos Santos to Sevilla have been mentioned as reasons.

Sevilla at the weekend threatened, via local newspaper Estadio Deportivo, to go direct to FIFA should Tottenham try to rush things or Fazio refuse to train. That all looked solved. Tottenham say the deal was completed on Wednesday, Fazio has been pictured holding the shirt, he's given the regulation gushing interview and has a perma-smile.

However, the president of Sevilla Jose Castro has told the media that Fazio is still a Sevilla player and continues to have a contract with them. That's because, according to Castro, they haven't received the money yet.

He's quoted by Estadio Deportivo as saying "Today, Fazio is a Sevilla player, because he still has a contract with Sevilla and it's not rescinded... the money is deposited, but not in the coffers of the club.

"I cannot understand, but we have a legal team who will study what to do, this was neither a satisfactory or desired output. Tottenham paid the clause, but he will go when the contract is terminated."

Basically it's La Liga's fault for not paying them yet, or Sevilla owe money which they don't know about.

gcqBnEp.jpg

:levyeyes:

Fazio still belongs to us! Sevilla rage as Spurs unveil latest signing

SEVILLA are up in arms after claiming that Tottenham's latest signing Federico Fazio still belongs to them.
By: Anthony Chapman
Published: Thu, August 28, 2014

The Argentine was confirmed as a Spurs player yesterday after the club met his £8million buyout clause, and was paraded to the fans at White Hart Lane ahead of the Europa League clash against AEL Limassol.

27-year-old Fazio put pen-to-paper on a four year deal, with Spurs claiming: "We are delighted to announce that we have completed the transfer of Federico Fazio from Sevilla.

"The Argentina international has joined us on a four-year contract."

However, Sevilla president Jose Castro is adamant that Fazio is still tied down to the La Liga outfit, telling reporters: "The player has a contract and the money may have been deposited with La Liga, but it is not in Sevilla's coffers.

"I don't understand what the player is doing in England. He will leave, but he will leave when his contract is terminated and it hasn't been yet.

"Obviously we are angry. I'm not going to go into details regarding certain things about Fazio. I don't want to, it won't lead to anything.

"They've paid £8million for him, which is his buyout clause. We'll see if they have to pay more for him according to the rules."

Fazio still belongs to us: Sevilla rage as Spurs unveil latest signing | Football | Sport | Daily Express

:levyeyes:

Fazio still belongs to us! Sevilla rage as Spurs unveil latest signing

SEVILLA are up in arms after claiming that Tottenham's latest signing Federico Fazio still belongs to them.
By: Anthony Chapman
Published: Thu, August 28, 2014

The Argentine was confirmed as a Spurs player yesterday after the club met his £8million buyout clause, and was paraded to the fans at White Hart Lane ahead of the Europa League clash against AEL Limassol.

27-year-old Fazio put pen-to-paper on a four year deal, with Spurs claiming: "We are delighted to announce that we have completed the transfer of Federico Fazio from Sevilla.

"The Argentina international has joined us on a four-year contract."

However, Sevilla president Jose Castro is adamant that Fazio is still tied down to the La Liga outfit, telling reporters: "The player has a contract and the money may have been deposited with La Liga, but it is not in Sevilla's coffers.

"I don't understand what the player is doing in England. He will leave, but he will leave when his contract is terminated and it hasn't been yet.

"Obviously we are angry. I'm not going to go into details regarding certain things about Fazio. I don't want to, it won't lead to anything.

"They've paid £8million for him, which is his buyout clause. We'll see if they have to pay more for him according to the rules."

Fazio still belongs to us: Sevilla rage as Spurs unveil latest signing | Football | Sport | Daily Express
Hopefully this whiny bitching means that we have taken a great player from them.

What a fucking clown

"They've paid £8million for him, which is his buyout clause."

Then what the fuck are you moaning about? Yeah good luck trying to take the legal route of "well they paid the amount to release him from his contractual ties to us but he's still ours."

Wouldn't be Spurs if it was straightforward would it?
To be fair, I'm inclined to agree that if they're up in arms, then h's worth keeping...
It will be sorted, don't worry... and I'd rather this, than to hear the Chairman say he'd 'Drive him to London himself', or that he wouldn't even wash his car with Fazio's old Sevilla shirt!!!!!

Exactly - 90% of CB play is positioning and reading, how many times did Ledley really end up in a foot race, he would be there before the ball even got played, boy I miss that guy, the best! I think Mertersacker is the benchmark, except we have Fazio alongside Vertonghen, and that will be a formidable partnership
Have to say if shit sack is the benchmark I'm not expecting much
:carrollwtf:

Have to sack if shit sack is the benchmark I'm not expecting much
:carrollwtf:

Yeah poor choice of words, I mean the kind of defender he sounds like, shit sack to be fair I dont think is that bad, as has a world cup to his name, its that complete twat Koshelny who is a waste of space

Yeah poor choice of words, I mean the kind of defender he sounds like, shit sack to be fair I dont think is that bad, as has a world cup to his name, its that complete twat Koshelny who is a waste of space
I think shit sack has improved since joining the EPL but honestly don't think he is top draw. Always think he is a bit 'wooden'.

Back
Top Bottom