Favourite Current Player

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now that Paulinho has been shipped off to China, I find myself lacking a favourite player.

I kid.

But one thing I noticed last season was that, even with Kane's torrid performance, there was no one, really, in the squad who tickled my heart. Lots of players I like, but, well…

Part of this is because I am an inveterate hipster, and the only current hipster darling is Chadli, and I'm rather meh about him. There was a while a few years ago when Lennon was my favourite player, but he spent half the season elsewhere and hasn't managed to get me excited in some time.

So for those of you sick of reading people gloat about how superior they are because they can make "funny", sweary puns about the ITKs whom they never, of course, take seriously in the transfer thread, make your case here. This is a summer relaxation thread.

Also, this isn't a poll since I imagine the answers will change over time.

N.B.: this isn't judged on ability, necessarily. It's judged on your own, personal criteria.

I'll start: :eriksenserious: But I'm not happy about it.

Right now, it's Danny Rose, I fucking hated him, but it's a thin line between love and hate.

Mine changes every other month, fickle as fuck me. :dwi:

Got a soft spot for Bentaleb. If he starts throwing a few leg breakers into the mix, the soft will become hard.

My lifetime favourite would be Steve Archibald. Skilful and cunty. Closely followed by Richard Gough for being made out of a solid slab of granite.

Right now, it's Danny Rose, I fucking hated him, but it's a thin line between love and hate.

Mine changes every other month, fickle as fuck me. :dwi:
Secret love!

Always been Soldado:
He presents like a kid who has lost his talisman and is urgently searching for it !

Bentaleb is my current favourite.

In terms of my favourite of all time - that I've had the pleasure of watching - technically it would probably be Luka Modric or Gazza, but for personality it would be Mabbutt or Ginola.

Dembele for me, frustrating yes but that's just typical Spurs. He's the most naturally gifted player we have technically.

Soft spot for Chadli as he was written off so early after hardly any games and a bad injury but, then kept coming up with big goals (despite not chasing around like a loony which seems like it could be the first requirement we will have nowadays before experience, ability and quality).

Of all time: Gascoigne, Ledley, Ginola, Hoddle

Apart from the obvious being Kane, I'm a big fan of Dier.

That goal against West Ham, scoring against QPR on his home debut, put a shift in a right back when needed and put in some really good crosses towards the end of the season. Hopefully with Trippier coming in he'll get more starts in the centre. Think he's going to be great for us.

Being defensive minded and loving someone who really gets stuck in, it's Danny Rose right now, was the only player that shone in our bad period towards the end, has shown mental strength to completely own his position and play it just how the formation requires.

Got a soft spot for Andros Townsend. I love pacey dribblers and can forgive the row z targeting and headless chicken moments because of his passion for the club. Don't think he's good enough to be a regular starting PL player for us though, but happy for him to play in the Europa and cups.

We can only choose one?
2128309_o.gif

All out favorite player: Lloris
Second: Eriksen
Who I want to become legend for Spurs: Chiriches

OH, did you mean current players too? Holtby then :)

Back
Top Bottom