FA Cup -Preston (A) 28/01 - 6PMKO BBC1

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wasn’t he found innocent in the end ?
Conviction quashed but it’s notoriously hard to prove rape. But if you saw the evidence & the stuff he was saying, he is a nasty piece of work. Also it only went to retrial based on statements by 2 guys after evans lawyer offered 50k or so for statement leading to acquittal. Dodgy or what. Also evans & his mates basically go around looking for a drunk girl to all use, film & call them victims & next target. Also there is no way she could have consented to having sex with evans. To me that’s rape.

Gotta say, I thought Conte got the team selection spot on tonight.

Well done to the manager for a great selection and tactics, the players for almost perfect execution, and Daniel for providing the tools to beat a very good mid table championship side.

Hope that's Sonny's mojo refound. I wouldn't mind 4 wasted efforts from 25 yards per game for a screamer like his first goal on the 5th attempt.

I thought we gave a good account of ourselves for 60 minutes . We were never going to come out and try to out football you it was more about staying in the game . A bit of class from Son was the difference to this point. The gaps then started to appear and the prem level football showed.
Been great to be welcomed onto your forum and great that many of you chose to visit Pebbleleague (ours) Good luck with the rest of your season

PS : Make sure you get some "Butter Pies" ordered
Admiral Halsey notified me
He had to have a berth or he couldn't get to sea
I had another look and I had a cup of tea and butter pie

Pretty fantastic day, apart from getting drenched, the only disappointment was by 5pm they had run out of butter pies!! The non vegetarian alternative of meat and potato was decent enough though !
Who ate all the veggie pies?
Who ate all the veggie pies?
You fat meat eating bastard,
You fat meat eating bastard,
You ate all the veggie pies!

Last edited:
Just got home. Very tired. Nice ground from the outside. Very basic on the inside. Catholic Social Club near the away end was great for pre match. Decent following but a lot of kids etc and plenty of tickets clearly passed on. Didn’t get to see H break the record which is what I was hoping for. But a very good result all round with the tie taken care of and some game time for our reservists. Good luck to Preston. Decent fans and club. But their team did not look great at all.

for the first time in many many seasons it looked like the players (playing in effectively the second 11) were trying to win and not behavioring as if the match was below them

The draw will take place on Monday, 30 January, from 19:00 GMT during The One Show on BBC One.

City away to Man Utd pls. Spurs at home to BHA

Conviction quashed but it’s notoriously hard to prove rape. But if you saw the evidence & the stuff he was saying, he is a nasty piece of work. Also it only went to retrial based on statements by 2 guys after evans lawyer offered 50k or so for statement leading to acquittal. Dodgy or what. Also evans & his mates basically go around looking for a drunk girl to all use, film & call them victims & next target. Also there is no way she could have consented to having sex with evans. To me that’s rape.
You don't know what happened. You weren't there. You don't know him. You don't know the accuser. You weren't in the court room. You haven't seen the police reports or statements.

He may be a nasty evil peice of shit. He may also just have met a complete head case one night, got carried away and nearly lost his life and career over it.

You say it's hard to prove rape but it's also hard to prove you're innocent. Plenty of innocent men have been a victim of vindictive women who falsely cry rape to get back them.

Back
Top Bottom