FA Cup -Preston (A) 28/01 - 6PMKO BBC1

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Saw an embarrassing amount of idiots yesterday. people who don't normally go to games but got a ticket.
Grown men who should know better screaming abuse at families in the adjoining stand, falling down drunk, or coked off their nuts, belittling Preston and being big time charlies.

Absolute disgrace.
Sorry. I’m getting everyone mixed up here. He was in the Preston end so an away fan in the home end. He lives in Preston with his girlfriend and bagged a couple of tickets online from a Preston ST holder.
My bad. :mourbye:
Apparently there were quite a few Preston knobheads too. Some of them were related to/mates of Preston players from what he said. I’m quite proud of him that he bit his lip and didn’t go off on one properly with them because he genuinely is a handful when he loses his rag.
His missus is a diamond.

Some interesting points on intensity. Once again we played within ourselves in the first half with patient probing play. But upped the intensity second half. This has happened so many times now I'm starting to suspect its intentional.
Conte bats away questions on the subject but he could be acting dumb.
The pattern has been there for some time now. How long would it take to fix ?
All it would take is a firm directive.....I want full intensity from the whistle !!

On Son's shooting we spoke about him being able to shape the ball. Other than blasting it , this is mostly how he scores. The second goal viewed from behind is a good example. Lots of shape on it. I think it's dependant on peak energy and application. If things aren't 100 % it won't happen. Sonny is not a metronome type player who can produce perfect technique every time. Everything has to be right, physically and mentally.

Just looked, Sky pundits always mentioning we have not won a trophy and then fuck us up by scheduling the Chelsea match for the Sunday before. With Wolves the following Saturday at 3pm, what sort of side will he put out?
A strong side hopefully. If Conte wants a trophy, then the FA Cup is the only way (we can dream of the CL) he will do it this season.

Saw an embarrassing amount of idiots yesterday. people who don't normally go to games but got a ticket.
Grown men who should know better screaming abuse at families in the adjoining stand, falling down drunk, or coked off their nuts, belittling Preston and being big time charlies.

Absolute disgrace.
That’s actually quite fair. I moved partly because of the view and also some tragic behaviour around me. It did feel like there was a bit of a different crowd to Fulham.

You don't know what happened. You weren't there. You don't know him. You don't know the accuser. You weren't in the court room. You haven't seen the police reports or statements.

He may be a nasty evil peice of shit. He may also just have met a complete head case one night, got carried away and nearly lost his life and career over it.

You say it's hard to prove rape but it's also hard to prove you're innocent. Plenty of innocent men have been a victim of vindictive women who falsely cry rape to get back them.
You are right. Just my view to be honest.
But you are wrong about it being a one off thing. They had a game most nights when they went out targeting drunk girls & called them victims & targets etc. & try & film them without consent etc. just different opinions. You may think just typical lads. But Not my type of people.

You don't know what happened. You weren't there. You don't know him. You don't know the accuser. You weren't in the court room. You haven't seen the police reports or statements.

He may be a nasty evil peice of shit. He may also just have met a complete head case one night, got carried away and nearly lost his life and career over it.

You say it's hard to prove rape but it's also hard to prove you're innocent. Plenty of innocent men have been a victim of vindictive women who falsely cry rape to get back them.
Not trying to start an argument or anything. But just bringing it up as greenwood not even being taken to court now. So I do get the innocent until proven logic you live by. But I wouldn’t want greenwood near my sisters! All that clear evidence released & it doesn’t even go to court. So if we only judge people found guilty then 99% of criminals you would treat warmly & welcome in to your life & world. Equally you can’t assume everyone is guilty before it’s proven. So my way is just look at the evidence & your gut feel & then make a judgement call. Same way you meet someone & just get a bad feeling about them. They haven’t done anything wrong towards you but I go with my gut!

Not trying to start an argument or anything. But just bringing it up as greenwood not even being taken to court now. So I do get the innocent until proven logic you live by. But I wouldn’t want greenwood near my sisters! All that clear evidence released & it doesn’t even go to court. So if we only judge people found guilty then 99% of criminals you would treat warmly & welcome in to your life & world. Equally you can’t assume everyone is guilty before it’s proven. So my way is just look at the evidence & your gut feel & then make a judgement call. Same way you meet someone & just get a bad feeling about them. They haven’t done anything wrong towards you but I go with my gut!
I can debate without arguing :thumbup:

I'm with you. In this case everyone knows what happened as the mrs sent the video public. There wasn't any escaping it.
He's got off because he's paid her or she prejudiced the case. Possibly by posting the video. Another way to look at it is that he didn't get sent down, but he probably wouldn't have if she didn't post it. So maybe, in a round about way, she won. He's finished as a footballer at the top level. No one will want that stigma of him at their club.

I can debate without arguing :thumbup:

I'm with you. In this case everyone knows what happened as the mrs sent the video public. There wasn't any escaping it.
He's got off because he's paid her or she prejudiced the case. Possibly by posting the video. Another way to look at it is that he didn't get sent down, but he probably wouldn't have if she didn't post it. So maybe, in a round about way, she won. He's finished as a footballer at the top level. No one will want that stigma of him at their club.
Yes you’re a reasonable poster. But some are quite volatile on here ha.
Yeah to be fair the big difference in the 2 cases is the video evidence etc so we all know he did do some wrong.
I think you’re right & she probably got paid to shut up which is also the easier option tather than going through court & getting more abuse etc. Exposing him & getting paid is a sort of victory. With his top lawyers & rape etc being rarely punished, then he would have most likely got off as you say.
I am still on the fence if he is finished in England now. Manchester United or another club can hide behind the ‘charges were dropped’ etc. But hopefully not. It is a new world now where sports team & business companies are more careful on who they employer or are associated with.

Yes you’re a reasonable poster. But some are quite volatile on here ha.
Yeah to be fair the big difference in the 2 cases is the video evidence etc so we all know he did do some wrong.
I think you’re right & she probably got paid to shut up which is also the easier option tather than going through court & getting more abuse etc. Exposing him & getting paid is a sort of victory. With his top lawyers & rape etc being rarely punished, then he would have most likely got off as you say.
I am still on the fence if he is finished in England now. Manchester United or another club can hide behind the ‘charges were dropped’ etc. But hopefully not. It is a new world now where sports team & business companies are more careful on who they employer or are associated with.
I can't recall who it was, but a club signed someone with an allegation against them and there were massive protests and pressure from fan groups. Think sponsors pulled out too. That was lower league.

I just can't see a massive business with worldwide media attention doing it (ie PL)

I can't recall who it was, but a club signed someone with an allegation against them and there were massive protests and pressure from fan groups. Think sponsors pulled out too. That was lower league.

I just can't see a massive business with worldwide media attention doing it (ie PL)
Yeah I think that was raith rovers. Hopefully clubs do the right thing & stay away from greenwood

Be very interesting what United do. Sadly I think they will play him again, hence pre warning the women’s side. Hopefully I am wrong!

Back
Top Bottom