Everton - The comedy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love seeing Dyche struggle, the old minds like him with their boring style need to go.

A team with Pickford, Tarkowski, Gueye, Doucoure, Onana, Iwobi, DCL, McNeil, Gray, and Harrison should not be this bad. They are not great players but can easily be around 14-16 in the table for most of the year instead of being in a relegation battle in

I love seeing Dyche struggle, the old minds like him with their boring style need to go.

A team with Pickford, Tarkowski, Gueye, Doucoure, Onana, Iwobi, DCL, McNeil, Gray, and Harrison should not be this bad. They are not great players but can easily be around 14-16 in the table for most of the year instead of being in a relegation battle in

That pretty much is part of the relegation battle a lot of the time.

....You wont convince me that this Everton squad is better quality than the Lester one that just felt the drop.

That pretty much is part of the relegation battle a lot of the time.

....You wont convince me that this Everton squad is better quality than the Lester one that just felt the drop.
Leicester squad was much better but horribly led.

Everton and Leicester should have been no where near the relegation spots last year. So much depends on the manager and they were both let down.

Everton, Luton, Sheff U, Wolves - guarantee those 4 will be in the bottom 5 come the end of the season. Can’t decide whether Burnley, Forest or Fulham will join them.

Those 4 though are by some distance the worst sides in the Prem as things stand. Weirdly, Everton are probably the best of those 4 and have the best manager so they will probably do their usual of looking like they are doomed until about 3 games to go where they beat Man City, Real Madrid and the Harlem globetrotters on the bounce to stay up

Everton's great escapes in days gone by were usually followed by changes and improvements that would give them moderate success and stability for a few seasons before the next crisis came along. These changes didn't happen in the summer of 22, they haven't happened in the summer of 23 and this may well be the season where they run out of luck.

Their best hopes for change appear to be the following:

1) Calvert-Lewin stays clear of injury, gets a good run in the team and scores 15-20 goals.
2) Dele Alli slays his demons, gets fit again, gets his 16/17 form back and scores 15-20 goals.
3) Jordan Pickford keeps a record number of clean sheets, adds goals to his game and scores 15-20 goals.

Doesn't look good.

Everton's great escapes in days gone by were usually followed by changes and improvements that would give them moderate success and stability for a few seasons before the next crisis came along. These changes didn't happen in the summer of 22, they haven't happened in the summer of 23 and this may well be the season where they run out of luck.

Their best hopes for change appear to be the following:

1) Calvert-Lewin stays clear of injury, gets a good run in the team and scores 15-20 goals.
2) Dele Alli slays his demons, gets fit again, gets his 16/17 form back and scores 15-20 goals.
3) Jordan Pickford keeps a record number of clean sheets, adds goals to his game and scores 15-20 goals.

Doesn't look good.
Pickford "adds goals to his game" 😂

Everton and Leicester should have been no where near the relegation spots last year. So much depends on the manager and they were both let down.
It’s not the first manager they’ve been poor under. Fat frank and Rafa were also got poor results.

I don't think it's that.... He had them battling for top four and won an FA Cup during the bulk of his run.

I just think that after a while Brenton's personally grinds you don't and you're left thinking he's a massive bell end......

That Everton squad is shit.... Many recognisable names; but it's a bit like Sunderland before the drop.... If all you do is sign EPL cast-offs the downward spiral in quality sets in.

Back
Top Bottom