Everton - The comedy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have supported Everton for 60 years and I fkn hate them

Your club is set up as a torture device for its fans. That Bill Kenwright, you would think by now his delusions would have gone and he would have resigned. To be fair I say that about Levy but Everton’s mess is on a different level.

I have supported Everton for 60 years and I fkn hate them
I feel for you, it's the supporters who suffer when these super-egomaniacs use a football club as their latest plaything. The PL only play lip service to due diligence and it's us that pay the price.
I wish I could just walk away sometimes but invested too much time and money in the hope (which is getting fainter as time goes by) that we can achieve some success. At this stage, I'd kill for a League Cup or European Conference, just

I feel for you, it's the supporters who suffer when these super-egomaniacs use a football club as their latest plaything. The PL only play lip service to due diligence and it's us that pay the price.
I wish I could just walk away sometimes but invested too much time and money in the hope (which is getting fainter as time goes by) that we can achieve some success. At this stage, I'd kill for a League Cup or European Conference, just
I am the same.
Whilst some were slagging of conference league trophy(not just spurs fans)after West ham won it,I was thinking "I'd take that".
I just want to see another trophy.

I do hope the Owners and Directors Test has been strengthened - 777 Group linked with Everton

Per Paul Brown (pbs sportswriter)
777 wanted to buy #efc - but fraud, kidnapping, extortion, predatory lending & racketeering are just some of the things their companies are accused of in US court papers, & their founder has a drug trafficking conviction.

I do hope the Owners and Directors Test has been strengthened - 777 Group linked with Everton

777 wanted to buy #efc - but fraud, kidnapping, extortion, predatory lending & racketeering are just some of the things their companies are accused of in US court papers, & their founder has a drug trafficking conviction.

As far as football club owners go they sound a bit over qualified

My gut feeling with this lot is they are building this network of Clubs to be sold wholesale to a Club like Liverpool or Tottenham. Who can become a Multi-Club team overnight, rather than build one up over a number of years.

Obviously many issues with this, namely the Clubs in the network are shit and don't enable the process to well. Probably a whole bunch of others too but you get the drift.

My gut feeling with this lot is they are building this network of Clubs to be sold wholesale to a Club like Liverpool or Tottenham. Who can become a Multi-Club team overnight, rather than build one up over a number of years.

Obviously many issues with this, namely the Clubs in the network are shit and don't enable the process to well. Probably a whole bunch of others too but you get the drift.

If that was the case wouldn't it be smarter to not include clubs in that network that were in a big league?

eg If they buy Everton that would preclude Spurs from buying this mulit-club package.

Don't think anyone needs to worry about them getting hold of Everton, there's no way they could scare up the real funds necessary for the deal.

Looks a lot more dodgy than a proto-global football franchise. Seems more likely to me that they're grifters that have (rightly) sussed that football is a poorly regulated financial market that is full of easy marks and murky bookkeeping.

Back
Top Bottom