Everton - The comedy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, we moan over here - quite rightly, but we’re miles away from what their fanbase are having to endure - add in they’ve had 2 cup finals in 30 years compared to our 7 and their highest league finish was 4th compared to us finishing 2nd twice.
I don't remember us finishing 2nd twice. 16/17 was the first time we did it since 1962/63 (which incidentally was a season when Everton won the league by a 6 point margin in an era when teams were awarded 2 points for a win).

1963 was when we won the ECWC and the point many old school purists consider to be the end of the Glory, Glory era.

Everton’s difficult start to the new season took another turn for the worse on Wednesday after MSP Sports Capital withdrew from talks about taking a minority stake in the club.

The US investment group signed an exclusivity agreement with Everton in May when it was looking to take a 25 per cent holding in the club that could have been worth £150 million. Two thirds of that amount would have gone to Everton Stadium Development Company, which is overseeing the construction of Everton’s new Bramley-Moore Dock stadium, with the rest going to the club.

However, the time period of exclusivity that MSP Sports Capital had has now elapsed. It will, however, still lend £100 million to the stadium company. It is thought that Farhad Moshiri, the Everton owner, is seeking alternative funding for the stadium, which is scheduled to be completed next year.

Everton, who escaped relegation on the final day of last season, have yet to score a goal or record a point in their opening two league games and are bottom of the Premier League table.
Sean Dyche, the club’s manager, has been unable to make significant changes to his squad in the summer, with only four players arriving, three of whom were free transfers, including the 38-year-old Ashley Young.
The club are also being investigated by an independent panel for possible breaches of the Premier League’s spending rules between 2018 and 2022. Everton said they were disappointed with that decision and are prepared to “robustly defend” their position.

That is just about okay. Still too short (and trousers too high). Looks like he is wearing a school uniform.

It is usually like this...
xb8n04bZNBi_43vGoJhMGoQD6j32KRbWgFY6Z5yE6qo.jpg

images

The end of the tie should reach the top of the belt buckle, it just looks better.

I think they made a mistake with Dyche. They should have gone balls out for someone like Potter and just let him change the ethos of the team and club. They’ve been a team whose sole set up over recent decades has been one of hard work, graft and up and at em. Sure have the first two but have some finesse too. It’s ingrained in their fanbase as well, which is a massive part of the problem. Plus they keep hiring the same sort of manager time and again. Although that tells me that they’ll never get a progressive modern day one in. I suspect the only way they will do this is via relegation, which could wake the club up. Then again it might not.
They tried that in the typical Everton fashion, lampard was brought in to change the ethos of the club.

Dyche is bad in today's game. His style has not worked in years and that's why he failed in the end at Burnley. Rafa is like a Conte, he's past it as a manager.

Everton are like a poor man's Tottenham. Boring, old managers made players worse. If they can get in a manager who fits the style they will turn it around.
Everton however does not have a "style". Their player recruitment is a mixed bag of players fitting various styles of football.

Last edited:
McNeill, Iwobi, Harrison and DCL all out - basically 80% of their goal threat missing for what are already looking like 2 must win games.

Imagine we were starting Ashley Young at LB.

Relegation might be the best thing for them, the problem is I reckon there are at least 3 worse teams

Hi guys & gals, newbie here.

Having watched Everton get mullered the other day against Villa, I can genuinely see them going down this season. Absolutely clueless bunch.

Hi guys & gals, newbie here.

Having watched Everton get mullered the other day against Villa, I can genuinely see them going down this season. Absolutely clueless bunch.
I'd like to believe it but they've perfected that stubborn turd that refuses to flush routine as though it were an artform...

The crazy thing is they should be sat here with 6 points, they bossed Fulham and Wolves but just can’t score goals. Villa away they were atrocious and deserved to get beat by more.

I feel sorry for the striker they do sign, the pressure is going to be horrendous, their survival hopes will completely hinge on that striker scoring 15 Prem goals because we all know that DCL will spend most of the season injured.

Get nothing at Sheff U and they are almost guaranteed to be in the bottom 3 Xmas day given the remaining fixtures between now and then

Back
Top Bottom