Everton - The comedy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This looks fine to me !! What is the correct length for a tie ?

View: https://imgur.com/1o4VXPv

That is just about okay. Still too short (and trousers too high). Looks like he is wearing a school uniform.

It is usually like this...
xb8n04bZNBi_43vGoJhMGoQD6j32KRbWgFY6Z5yE6qo.jpg

images

That's the problem, they keep hiring bad PL managers.
Dyche isn't a bad PL manager though. Neither is Rafa really.

And it was freaking Ancelotti before them, incredible.

I don't know how they do it, they spend so much money and then every time I watch them they look just bereft of good players. During their narrow escape under Lampard, our misfiring lad Richy was their best footballer by a country mile.

Dyche isn't a bad PL manager though. Neither is Rafa really.

And it was freaking Ancelotti before them, incredible.

I don't know how they do it, they spend so much money and then every time I watch them they look just bereft of good players. During their narrow escape under Lampard, our misfiring lad Richy was their best footballer by a country mile.
Dyche is bad in today's game. His style has not worked in years and that's why he failed in the end at Burnley. Rafa is like a Conte, he's past it as a manager.

Everton are like a poor man's Tottenham. Boring, old managers made players worse. If they can get in a manager who fits the style they will turn it around.

Dyche is bad in today's game. His style has not worked in years and that's why he failed in the end at Burnley. Rafa is like a Conte, he's past it as a manager.

Everton are like a poor man's Tottenham. Boring, old managers made players worse. If they can get in a manager who fits the style they will turn it around.
You might be right, but I still tend to believe playing Brexit Ball is a really well drilled, committed way with players who suit it is a reasonable path to 8th-9th. You'll never do better than that, but Everton aren't concerned with that right now.

Way too simple a synopsis... The owners starved him of cash for years (despite him stablising them as EPL regulars and keeping the juicy EPL money flowing) and let all his stalwart players' contracts run down.....

Then this happened:

I fucking hate that comparison it's a media-planted bit of BS... The fact is we've had so much more up-side to our last 15-20 years than they have.

Last edited:
Way too simple a synopsis... The owners starved him of cash for years (despite him stablising that as a EPL regulars and keeping the juicy EPL money flowing) and let all his stalwart players' contracts run down.....

Then this happened:

I fucking hate that comparison it's a media-planted bit of BS... The fact is we've had so much more up-side to our last 15-20 years than they have.
I meant in recent years, not overall as a club. Don't get so annoyed with it, it's a fair comparison in the past 3 seasons.

I meant in recent years, not overall as a club. Don't get so annoyed with it, it's a fair comparison in the past 3 seasons.

You did also say "Poor mans" ....

There is 100% similarities lately - bit directionless, some spending but all a bit sporadic, going for a couple of big name coaches to fix things.

Difference is we've got a lot more cash and haven't been as risky. They blew their load, fucked it with FFP and now they're basically a husk.

You did also say "Poor mans" ....

There is 100% similarities lately - bit directionless, some spending but all a bit sporadic, going for a couple of big name coaches to fix things.

Difference is we've got a lot more cash and haven't been as risky. They blew their load, fucked it with FFP and now they're basically a husk.
Everton have never participated in the group stages of the Champions League.

The paths diverged a long way back.

The paths may yet reconverge, obviously their stadium project is a big part of their future and nobody's season is to be judged on two games good or bad.

But my word they seem a long way off from a squad that can compete for anything.

They’ve no money, limited FFP headroom and zero pull in the market. Their Relegation thread went up on Sunday on Grand Old Teams - 2 games in. DCL and Iwobi injured, Michael Keane and Ashley Young starting week in week out.

Their fans are just despondent, they already know exactly how this season will look. Most can’t face another season of it, 7 or 8 wins all season and 7-10 draws. Minus 5 GD already and they are looking at their next 2 games at home to Wolves and away to Sheff U as absolute must wins - their run of fixtures over November and December is just brutal.

The worst thing is, given how poor Luton and Sheff U look, there is a good chance they will be better than one other team and stay up - but that just means it will be more of the same the following year.

They’ve no money, limited FFP headroom and zero pull in the market. Their Relegation thread went up on Sunday on Grand Old Teams - 2 games in. DCL and Iwobi injured, Michael Keane and Ashley Young starting week in week out.

Their fans are just despondent, they already know exactly how this season will look. Most can’t face another season of it, 7 or 8 wins all season and 7-10 draws. Minus 5 GD already and they are looking at their next 2 games at home to Wolves and away to Sheff U as absolute must wins - their run of fixtures over November and December is just brutal.

The worst thing is, given how poor Luton and Sheff U look, there is a good chance they will be better than one other team and stay up - but that just means it will be more of the same the following year.

It makes me feel exhausted and despondent reading that and I’m not even a toffee

Yeah, we moan over here - quite rightly, but we’re miles away from what their fanbase are having to endure - add in they’ve had 2 cup finals in 30 years compared to our 7 and their highest league finish was 4th compared to us finishing 2nd twice.
Was their 4th place finish, the time when they missed out on the Champions League because Liverpool won it?

I think they made a mistake with Dyche. They should have gone balls out for someone like Potter and just let him change the ethos of the team and club. They’ve been a team whose sole set up over recent decades has been one of hard work, graft and up and at em. Sure have the first two but have some finesse too. It’s ingrained in their fanbase as well, which is a massive part of the problem. Plus they keep hiring the same sort of manager time and again. Although that tells me that they’ll never get a progressive modern day one in. I suspect the only way they will do this is via relegation, which could wake the club up. Then again it might not.

Back
Top Bottom