Europa League vs Gent (20.05KO)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is slim as you said plus he had his chances and I am sur the manager will give him more opportunities and hopefully he improves.
Kane, Dele and Son did start scoring from day one.
He gets a lot of time from me. Very young player, new team, new league, new country. If we are still having this conversation this time next year (if he's given a stay of execution for that long) then it will be time to call him out as a flop.

What do you see in him Bolton?
He's just a young lad, without much top level experience. At first, he looked very strong & a defenders nightmare. I think he believed this goal scoring lark was easy coming off the back of his last season. His confidence seems to have vanished, to the point that the manager doesn't trust him to come on with 15 minutes to go in a game that's already won.
I don't think he's at the stage of being cut adrift just yet, & from the early cameos he did look like he was going to be a good signing. He needs a lot of work to rebuild his confidence & at his age, I think that is the biggest block he has to overcome.

Cue a Janssen hat trick on Thursday....

:llorisunsure:

He's just a young lad, without much top level experience. At first, he looked very strong & a defenders nightmare. I think he believed this goal scoring lark was easy coming off the back of his last season. His confidence seems to have vanished, to the point that the manager doesn't trust him to come on with 15 minutes to go in a game that's already won.
I don't think he's at the stage of being cut adrift just yet, & from the early cameos he did look like he was going to be a good signing. He needs a lot of work to rebuild his confidence & at his age, I think that is the biggest block he has to overcome.

Cue a Janssen hat trick on Thursday....

:llorisunsure:
I'm not saying get rid, but he looks nothing like a footballer to me. On the evidence so far I've not seen one thing that gives me hope he can turn it around. Playing with your back to goal on the 18 yard line is not a defenders nightmare imo - plenty on here think it's holding the ball up, l think it's slowing the attack down. Just an opinion.

tumblr_olqmsotjec1u9ikt0o1_1280.png

Edwards.

I'm not saying get rid, but he looks nothing like a footballer to me. On the evidence so far I've not seen one thing that gives me hope he can turn it around. Playing with your back to goal on the 18 yard line is not a defenders nightmare imo - plenty on here think it's holding the ball up, l think it's slowing the attack down. Just an opinion.
Hard to disagree with that assessment really. I look to last season in Holland & he looked a totally different player. Bullish, confident & knocking them in at will. He also looks decent in his international set up & did briefly look promising early doors for us. His confidence has visibly gone at the moment, & he's not getting/taking chances because he's playing it safe & holding up the ball for no real purpose other than to pass responsibility to a team mate. Hold up play has a very important role in any match, but I agree Vinny is a bit laborious & predictable at present

Don't worry they are sold!

That's no mean feat. Thursday night cup selling out at Wembley in the first round proper...against a team who aren't one of Europe's heavyweights.
Brilliant effort by both sets of fans to sell it out.
Let's just hope the teams are strong line ups & give the performances that a sell out crowd at Wembley deserves.
COYS

Fuck me, City cant even sell out a stadium with 35 THOUSAND LESS seats.......for a CL home game, in the k.o stages against a CL veteran club. Wasnt even on mainstream tv either.

Even the glory hunters are bored with them now there is no title challenge.

Poor Brady, she´s probably been itching at the muff to tweet about our new stadium being too big for us

Also, this just goes to show what the vast majority of Spurs fans think about being in the EL.

Last edited:
Fuck me, City cant even sell out a stadium with 35 THOUSAND LESS seats.......for a CL home game, in the k.o stages against a CL veteran club. Wasnt even on mainstream tv either.

Poor Brady, she´s probably been itching at the muff to tweet about our new stadium being too big for us

Also, this just goes to show that the vast majority of Spurs fans think about being in the EL.
We have priced the Gent tickets very competitively, though - just to offer a counterpoint.

Though I have no doubt that their fanbase is also smaller/more apathetic.

Think of all the Media talk about how unfair it is if we play one of Sky's teams in a FAC final. Saying we have an advantage as we are playing there for cup matches and probably making us have the away dressing room.

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with that... I'm pretty sure we had the 'away' Dressing room/end in 1991 AND 2008... suits me fine, I'm not sure how many times we've been 'the home team' in many of our subsequent games there (y'know.. all the ones we lost) I get geographically lost in there sometimes, and can't tell what 'end' i'm in!

But i'm pretty sure some of our greatest Wembley moments have been with Spurs in 'the away end'... so let 'em... in fact, even better if they think they've 'got one over on us' and think they're 'handicapping us' somehow by doing that!

Don't worry they are sold!

well, that's another non-final crowd record weve busted then.

Our CL matches at Wembely (well the first 2 anyway, lol) broke the English record for a CL crowd, and now we'll have broken the record for a Europa crowd.

Next season I'd hope that some of the Category A matches would be full stadium, in which case we'd bust the record for an English PL crowd (ie when history began), and the all time record league crowd, 83,260, back in 1948. Interestingly, Manure playing a home match v Goons at Maine Road. War damage I expect.

A home FA cup tie next season Category A full stadium would probably break the record for that as well (Citeh, 84,569, 1935).

Also, this just goes to show that the vast majority of Spurs fans think about being in the EL.

There are 30,000 Belgians living in the UK.

:levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom