Europa League vs Gent (20.05KO)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eriksen starts this one imo. We look an entirely superior team with him in it.

Vorm deserves to keep his place, the back 4 picks itself if Rose isn't ready yet. Eriksen, Son & Alli & start with Janssen if Harry needs a breather. If not, I wouldn't bench a Player who scored a hat trick in his last game. I'd go with Winks & Dier behind the attacking 4.

We proved yesterday what can be achieved if we take it seriously... last week, the team selection belied the attitude.
Yes, it was strong... stronger than many expected, but I also think the 'attitude' was wrong... we either assumed the job was done because we were playing a strong line-up, or the strong line-up was worthless, 'cos they couldn't be bothered!

Either way, we put some of that right yesterday... now all we need to do is prove we can compete on 3 fronts, and take Thursday as seriously as yesterday, and as seriously as (i'd hope) we'll be taking Stoke at the weekend!

THAT'S HOW YOU WIN TROPHIES! ...not by picking and choosing what Competitions you 'deem worthy enough' to wanna win, and hoping it doesn't blow up in your face... 'cos it invariably will!

Really looking forward to this.

Whether we like it or not, Wembley is our new home come next season and we better get used to it - I'm also very happy that Pochettino has decided to play a strong team, even against a team like Gent no disrespect, they were exceptional in the first leg. I was very disappointed when he ultimately dismissed this competition last season and disrespected the club.

I think we'll go on and win this, 2 or 3-0 and moving on to the next round. There are some real fantastic teams left in the competition (Bilbao, Ajax, Roma, Lyon, Besiktas, Schalke all likely to go through). We're 'supposedly' better than these teams yet all will provide us with a real test if we get them and no team is a walk over so I hope we keep going for the strongest line up possible and see where it gets us in all competitions come the end of the season.

Lloris
Trippier - Alderweireld - Wimmer - Davies
Dier - Winks
Son - Alli - Eriksen
Kane

Whether we like it or not, Wembley is our new home come next season and we better get used to it - I'm also very happy that Pochettino has decided to play a strong team, even against a team like Gent no disrespect, they were exceptional in the first leg. I was very disappointed when he ultimately dismissed this competition last season and disrespected the club.

I think we'll go on and win this, 2 or 3-0 and moving on to the next round. There are some real fantastic teams left in the competition (Bilbao, Ajax, Roma, Lyon, Besiktas, Schalke all likely to go through). We're 'supposedly' better than these teams yet all will provide us with a real test if we get them and no team is a walk over so I hope we keep going for the strongest line up possible and see where it gets us in all competitions come the end of the season.

Lloris
Dier - Winks
Son - Alli - Eriksen
Kane

Welcome back.....:levyeyes:

Lloris
Dier - Winks
Son - Alli - Eriksen
Kane
Actually not often I agree with you but this time I almost do on the starting 11. But I would give Vorm another game. If Dier needs a rest Wanyama needs it more.

Right now I think Trippier is a more offensive threat than Walker with his superb crossing. In 3-5-2 Walker is still king.

I'm not too sure about starting Janssen in a must win game. He is probably already very nervous about his scoring drought, putting more pressure on him wouldn't help him. Kane to start. If we can get maybe another 3 goals lead, sub Janssen on for Kane.

[formation=442, Janssen, Janssen, Janssen, Janssen, Jansenn, Janssen, Janssen, Janssen, Janssen, Janssen, Janssen][/formation]
If he can't score in this line up then I think it's time to sell him

We need to take it seriously and banish this bloody European cuntcloud that has enveloped the team.

Full strength team. Given our recent European performances and success drought, id much prefer prioritising the cups over getting top four.6

Bloody excited for this, full strength and send these bastards straight back to Belgium with sore arses and one less tournament to worry about. COYS

We can have sore arses.
Must of us expect Spurs to go through.
We are just delighted that we didn't get hammered and have a game (rather than just Wembley) to look forward to.

So Spurs will win. Definitely.
Probably.
Maybe. :)

Because you have to score we finally get some room upfield which could give or fast wingers a chance.
That said. My prediction: 2-0.

[formation="343, Kalinic, Gigot, Mitro, Asare, Foket, Neto, Esiti, Saief, Kalu, Couli, Mili"][/formation]

Spurs will mount up the pressure, more long balls for us, hence Couli as a starter.
Kalu to break up the defence, full power for 45 minutes , Dejaeghere at half time.

I think we go strong like we did against Fulham... if it works, and we're comfortably ahead, then we can think about taking players off for the weekend...
But if it doesn't, then at least you can't say we didn't try!

Back
Top Bottom