Europa League vs Gent (20.05KO)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just incase some people dont know the Green man will be a away supporters pub for Gent fans on thursday so me and dad will be heading to The torch instead

Last edited:
If the uninspired performances in Europe are going to continue I'd rather drop out now than draw a decent team in the next round and wear out the players before inevitably getting knocked out.

If the uninspired performances in Europe are going to continue I'd rather drop out now than draw a decent team in the next round and wear out the players before inevitably getting knocked out.

We're two points off 6th place. We need to take the Europa seriously as it may turn out to be an avenue to CL.

It could be our 'home' at the end of this season if we take the Quarter Finals of the FA Cup seriously!!

Think we'd all like that.

Potentially 6 more games for us at Wembley this season I believe. Plenty of opportunity.

Think of all the Media talk about how unfair it is if we play one of Sky's teams in a FAC final. Saying we have an advantage as we are playing there for cup matches and probably making us have the away dressing room.

Bought two tickets in block 133, can see they took the money out my account but have no email confirmation or e-ticket. In addition the tickets aren't showing in my account history.

Anyone ever had anything like this happen before?

Same team as Fulham away but in Lloris and Walker.
We do not 3 central defenders against Gent

Lloris
Walker Toby Verts Davies
Winks Wanyama
Eriksen Alli Son
Kane

Part of me wants to see a Janssen start as the longer we wait to give an opportunity the worse his confidence will grow.

At the same time we really need a win here, so Kane needs to start. 4-4-2 would work, but Gent will back out the midfield.

I actually think, given how fluid they played, that our 3-4-3 might lend itself to that more. However without Rose that LWB is a real compromise (wouldn't actually object GKN playing there - think of Moses's transformation at the Chavs)

Part of me wants to see a Janssen start as the longer we wait to give an opportunity the worse his confidence will grow.

At the same time we really need a win here, so Kane needs to start. 4-4-2 would work, but Gent will back out the midfield.

If we want to win then then tested and trusted should start. What are the odds Janssen coming good on Thursday!

At a guess, slim...
But we live in hope.

The odds on Kane coming on and scoring that freekick vs Villa?

The odds on Kane being as successful as he has been after being given a vote of confidence?

The odds on Alli becoming the player he is after being given the opportunity by Poch?

We have to give these opportunities and trust our players.

The odds on Kane coming on and scoring that freekick vs Villa?

The odds on Kane being as successful as he has been after being given a vote of confidence?

The odds on Alli becoming the player he is after being given the opportunity by Poch?

We have to give these opportunities and trust our players.
Oh I agree. But I don't think he's shown much to Poch to suggest he's ready to turn his season around. Coasting at 3-0 against Fulham was the time to bring him on if he was chomping at the bit. I reckon he needs quite a bit of work on him if he can't get 15 minutes in a game that was well & truly won.

Back
Top Bottom