Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CULQk5NWUAAqaFX.jpg:large

You can tell Dier and our CBs are really starting to gel. Dier has been, imo, less noticeable as our season has gone on and i think that's HUGE.

His positioning is exceptional. He knows exactly where to be and what gaps to fill in.
There was a point in yesterday's game where Walker had the ball in the upper left corner of the pitch (the exact opposite place where he should be). The camera panned out and Dier was right where he should have been covering. Like you said, these guys know exactly where they should be at what time.

Hah! It seems like his name is krytonite to most chant ideas...

All I could think of beforehand was ERIC DIER:

In my morning Phil Collins sessions, as one does, sticking lyrics of players into it this one stuck, and by that I mean more than the others (which is still a tiny amount):
Eric Dier
He'll get a hold on you, believe it
Like no other
Before you know it you'll be on your knees
Eric Dier
He'll take your heart but you won't feel it
Like no other
I'm just trying to make you see

:pochbye:​

I think Dier has been the main difference maker this season. Having him as the shield between midfield and defence has really solidified our team. Last season we never had the protection and defence were exposed far too much when mistakes were made in midfield or possession was lost.

He is so good at breaking up play, reading the game and then picking a pass out. He'd be in my team of the year already.

Back
Top Bottom