Disco Benny

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

eufjY.png

linnet_spur said:
Why all the furore? A Premier League footballer states he wants to play CL football regularly and for a top side. Not to mention one who's never hid the reason he plays football, and it's certainly not for the love of the sport.
You can't be happy he's forthright and honest one minute, then be pissed off when he says something you don't like in that honesty. Besides he's only saying what 90% of the players are thinking.

You're right and whilst I certainly wasn't pissed off with him it was interesting to consider what other possibilities there are, and let's face it; Benny could use competition.

That said; he stays and we love him for being Benny.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto statement: "I want to take this opportunity to clarify some comments that have appeared in the media today..."
"I am fully committed to Tottenham Hotspur and proud to represent the club in any match, whatever the competition..."
"I am very much enjoying my time here. It is a wonderful club with great support..."
"I am looking forward to recovering from my injury in time for next season."

This was tweeted by @BenPearceSpurs

never believed it to be accurate for one second.

fucking journalists. seriously. How is it that these cunts can constantly quote people out of context and then lead on the made up story that comes from said quote. It happens all the time, not just in football.

I wish there was some way to make a law against it, if proven.

They just lost so much integrity by doing this shit. If an interviewer isn't talented enough to get a real, true story from the limited time he or she has with a player, then their editor should sack them.

I actually physically witnessed this happen when I organised an interview with Muttiah Muralitharan for a daily national paper. Interviewed him for 30 minutes about some interesting stuff and then misquoted him on some stuff he was pressed on about the pakistani cheating scandal and lead with that.

Needless to say I've never invited this journo to interview anyone again.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7741047/

Benoit Assou-Ekotto has denied suggestions that he is looking to leave Tottenham in order to secure guaranteed UEFA Champions League football.

The Spurs left-back, who arrived at White Hart Lane from Lens in 2006, was quoted as saying by France Football that the Europa League was 'useless' and that he had a 'gentleman's agreement' with chairman Daniel Levy over a possible departure.

But now the 28-year-old Cameroon international has issued a statement to reiterate his commitment to the cause under Harry Redknapp in a bid to set the record straight.

Spurs are on course to finish in the top four this season as they go into the final round of fixtures in fourth place, a point behind Woolwich and one ahead of Newcastle.
Proud

Only the top three are assured of UEFA Champions League football via their Premier League placing this term, as England's fourth berth will go to Chelsea if they overcome Bayern Munich in the final of Europe's showpiece tournament on 19th May.

Assou-Ekotto said: "I want to take this opportunity to clarify some comments that have appeared in the media today.

"I am fully committed to Tottenham Hotspur and proud to represent the club any match, whatever the competition.

"I am very much enjoying my time here. It is a wonderful club with great support and I am looking forward to recovering from my injury in time for next season."

Back
Top Bottom